stupid espn

Boog Sciambi

so charles barkley was on the budweiser hotseat and was asked about daly's gambling problem....

he said that he had one too and lost about 10 million....

then espn freaks out over the story yet then reads in a quote he said on tnt "its unfortunate that espn made an issue out of this i was asked an innocent question.."

it just amazes me the sh*t they air sometimes.

leave the guy alone.

Guest Fritz

Whats the big deal with gambling? Its legal and they are using their own money to play.

ESPN trying to create the story rather than just reporting it...again.

I saw SportsCenter, they didn't report it as some kind of major deal. It wasn't even in a top spot on the show.

It's a very candid and forthcoming interview with Charles (what's new) and they'd be absolutely moronic to not use it.

I saw SportsCenter, they didn't report it as some kind of major deal. It wasn't even in a top spot on the show.

It's a very candid and forthcoming interview with Charles (what's new) and they'd be absolutely moronic to not use it.

I caught the end of the replay of them interviewing it only because I was waiting for the Sox game (I don't watch Sportscenter). I got the same feeling.

If it was just some small gambling thing I'd understand.

But 10 million? That's newsworthy and like Hugg said, what I saw made it not a big deal.

Charles talked about it in TNT and what he said was down right simple. He knows it's a bad habit, but he wont' stop doing because it is his money and he can do with it whatever he wants. However, he kinda contradicted himself by saying that it is stupid to lose that much money...he didn't call himself stupid though :shifty

If I had 10 million dollars I wouldn't be stupid enough to gamble, I would make my money by buying and selling real estate, Charles Barkley, and any millionaire who gambles IS stupid!

But Charles doesnt just have 10 million.

The 10 million by and large is probably just other money he has no other use for. He isnt that dumb to piss it all away on gambling, Charles has made many times that over his career both in salary and endorsements.

If I had 10 million dollars I wouldn't be stupid enough to gamble, I would make my money by buying and selling real estate, Charles Barkley, and any millionaire who gambles IS stupid!

But Charles doesnt just have 10 million.

The 10 million by and large is probably just other money he has no other use for. He isnt that dumb to piss it all away on gambling, Charles has made many times that over his career both in salary and endorsements.

I know from his NBA playing salary alone, he has made an approx $43,456,000 combined.

OFF topic but still dealing with espn

They are so retarded PTI was talking about bonds and then the producers have wilbon ask the "baseball expert" if he thinks pujols is on steroids and that the mlb should be suspicious beacuse of his freakish stats.

God i hate espn just trying to make up a story to get some press.

Guest CrimsonCane

That's the main problem with 24 hr news for anything (politics, sports, w/e). They have a ton of time to fill and there's not enough stuff in the sports world on a daily basis to talk about.

I've hated everything ESPN does with its "Original Programming" like PTI and all that other crap. PTI infuriates me b/c those idiots will argue for the sake of argument about issues that really don't even merit discussion (i.e. Whether Pujols is on steroids). I wish ESPN would just air actual games, have a news hr. type segment presenting what happened (Sportscenter), or show amazing games from the past. No need for the Tony Kornheiser, Jim Rome, and Steven A. Smith's of the world to ever be on the air. (What a relief that would be). Even their nightly shows, Baseball Tonight, NFL Live, etc. have TERRIBLE "experts" who say the dumbest things imaginable. Somehow I know Joe Morgan is secretly to blame for all of this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.