Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bud Selig interview on ESPN w/ Greenberg

Featured Replies

:notworthy Bud Selig just interviewed with Mike Greenberg on ESPN News, Greenie asked if the Marlins are staying in South Florida and Bud said "yes" Greenie "with the current ownership in place" Bud "not if they can't get a stadium deal done" Greenie "can you force them to sell" Bud "if they are not doing what is best for baseball, yes" Greenie "are they doing what is best for baseball by fielding that team" Bud "NO" Greenie "they receive over $25 million in luxury tax, how is it possible to have a $15 million payroll" Bud "teams that don't field a competitive team utilizing the luxury tax money are going to be forced to provide documentation on where the money went to"

 

WAY TO GO BUD, F*CK LORIA & SAMSON!!!! SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET MEDEIVAL ON THEIR ASSES!!

wow

 

Bud Selig just interviewed with Mike Greenberg on ESPN News,

 

Greenie: if the Marlins are staying in South Florida

Bud: Yes

 

Greenie: with the current ownership in place

Bud: not if they can't get a stadium deal done

 

Greenie: Can you force them to sell?

Bud: If they are not doing what is best for baseball, yes

 

Greenie: Are they doing what is best for baseball by fielding that team

Bud: NO

 

Greenie: They receive over $25 million in luxury tax, how is it possible to have a $15 million payroll

Bud: Teams that don't field a competitive team utilizing the luxury tax money are going to be forced to provide documentation on where the money went to

 

I kind of have my doubts this happened. I don't see Selig publicly saying this. Can anyone confirm?

I believe the Marlins will stay in Florida. But, Bud Selig can kiss my A**.

If it's true, then it's great news. I still haven't seen the interview.

I'd like to know where that $25 mill goes too.

I've been watching ESPNEWS since this was posted and nada.

 

One would think with the Grimsley thing, any interview with Selig would get airtime, especially on ESPN where stuff gets rerun over and over and over...

 

I'll continue to monitor it for awhile longer, but so far nothing.

This seems an odd thing for someone to completely fabricate, so I hope this actually occured. If Selig did say this, then all the marks that I have in his permanent record will be wiped clean.

 

Perhaps it was on Mike and Mike in the Morning? That is simulcasted on ESPN2. Maybe the original poster was confused.

This seems an odd thing for someone to completely fabricate, so I hope this actually occured. If Selig did say this, then all the marks that I have in his permanent record will be wiped clean.

 

Perhaps it was on Mike and Mike in the Morning? That is simulcasted on ESPN2. Maybe the original poster was confused.

 

I have a waited a bit before searching ESPN again...I doubt Selig would break his holy owners rule, but inside we all know that what was posted here is very possible.

 

MLB President Bob DuPoy has said the team is focused on staying in South Florida with a new ballpark deal getting done here.

The luxury tax issue will flame up next time the union comes to the table in 2007 or 2008 I believe.

Mr brother told me about an interview with Hank Goldberg a few months back that was on CNN while i was in the shower, it wasnt aired again, and i couldnt fin it, but theres no reason to make it up. I belive the guy, but i wanna see it run again.

This seems an odd thing for someone to completely fabricate, so I hope this actually occured. If Selig did say this, then all the marks that I have in his permanent record will be wiped clean.

 

Perhaps it was on Mike and Mike in the Morning? That is simulcasted on ESPN2. Maybe the original poster was confused.

 

Except that in his post at 6:18pm the poster says says Selig was "just interviewed" on ESPNews. Don't you think if it was on Mike and Mike this morning it would be all over the place by now, and don't you think if ESPNews showed it (as in repeating something like this from Mike and Mike) at 6pm, they would have rebroadcast it again in the next three hours? That is how ESPN works.

 

Also, if you look at what was on at 6pm it was Around the Horn, not a show where you'd expect to see four egomaniacs cede time to another with a Selig interview.

First hint that something was wrong was the luxury (competetive balance) tax. The luxury tax does not get distributed to the teams, the revenue sharing does. While I wouldn't be surprised if the morons at ESPN didn't know that, I'm pretty sure Bud knows that.

This seems an odd thing for someone to completely fabricate, so I hope this actually occured. If Selig did say this, then all the marks that I have in his permanent record will be wiped clean.

 

Perhaps it was on Mike and Mike in the Morning? That is simulcasted on ESPN2. Maybe the original poster was confused.

 

Except that in his post at 6:18pm the poster says says Selig was "just interviewed" on ESPNews. Don't you think if it was on Mike and Mike this morning it would be all over the place by now, and don't you think if ESPNews showed it (as in repeating something like this from Mike and Mike) at 6pm, they would have rebroadcast it again in the next three hours? That is how ESPN works.

 

Also, if you look at what was on at 6pm it was Around the Horn, not a show where you'd expect to see four egomaniacs cede time to another with a Selig interview.

I'm just grasping at straws here, trying to find any way that makes this even slightly possible...

Bud Selig just interviewed with Mike Greenberg on ESPN News

Since I actually listened to the show and heard no such interview, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are lying.

Bud Selig just interviewed with Mike Greenberg on ESPN News

Since I actually listened to the show and heard no such interview, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are lying.

Since your from Oregon and your thinking about Mike and Mike in the morning im going to say you are probably wrong. Now im not saying that he's not lying but that you are thinking of the wrong show.

Bud Selig just interviewed with Mike Greenberg on ESPN News

Since I actually listened to the show and heard no such interview, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you are lying.

Since your from Oregon and your thinking about Mike and Mike in the morning im going to say you are probably wrong. Now im not saying that he's not lying but that you are thinking of the wrong show.

You are right... my bad. But in a way that makes it even easier. If Selig had been interviewed by Greenberg on TV, on ESPN News, it would have been all over Sportscenter (especially since the Grimsley/HGH story is all the rage and Selig would have undoubtedly said something about it to Greenie), and it wasn't.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.