June 10, 200620 yr Jeremy doesnt seem like the "real" Jeremy that we know and love. What happened to all those walks, homers, singles etc: and a low K rate? His plate discipline has gone down drastically. I really thought he would be better than this. Maybe it could also be from the pitchers we have been facing lately. They are studs so I can understand. Or maybe his month off at the beginning of the season kinda pushed him back. Is anyone here kinda worried about Jeremy? He just doesnt look like the Jeremy we know. Hopefully he is just in a slump and he will get out of it in no time. GO JEREMY! Oh and I didnt forget his big game in Colorado :mischief .
June 10, 200620 yr How about the fact that he missed a month. He was swinging the bat real well just a few days ago. Last night was not a harbinger of things to come, rather it was an anomaly.
June 10, 200620 yr Author How about the fact that he missed a month. He was swinging the bat real well just a few days ago. Last night was not a harbinger of things to come, rather it was an anomaly. Yea its probably because he missed a month but still he just doesnt seem right to me. Maybe its because I expected so much out of him.
June 10, 200620 yr he'll be fine...he's too good to be in a slump for long....probably has to get that sweet swing back after the time out....and actually i would love to see him be more agressive....gotta love those walks but with a bat like his i want him swinging a little bit more
June 10, 200620 yr As mentioned above, injuries etc have played a part. I'd add though that he is a rookie. All of our rookies will have slumps, and yes I hate to be a jinx, but Uggla has a slump coming. Its part of life at the major league level, especially for the younger guys. What matters is that they find their way out of them and become better players as a result. Jacobs got to have a big slump early, and now he is hitting as well as anyone.
June 10, 200620 yr uh, what the hell are you talking about. So he struck out 3 times last night. Who cares. He had a rough game and faced a pretty good pitcher. He's hitting .315(12-38) in his last 11 games with 2 BB and 6 SO. What does he have to do to 'meet your expectations.'
June 10, 200620 yr uh, what the hell are you talking about. So he struck out 3 times last night. Who cares. He had a rough game and faced a pretty good pitcher. He's hitting .315(12-38) in his last 11 games with 2 BB and 6 SO. What does he have to do to 'meet your expectations.' Holy stats Beethoven! Where on earth did you come up with the idea to look at what he has done over the past 2 weeks, as opposed to 1 night?!?! Nice find. Anyway, the only thing I am worried about is the fact he is clearly still hobbled. As I believe I stated once before, when he runs he does the whole Kirk "Im real injured but Im busting my ass anyway" Gibson routine.
June 10, 200620 yr Who cares about stats? He had one bad game! That never happens! Let's see, he's missed a month of baseball and he's a rookie to boot. He'll struggle at points. It doesn't seem like a particularly difficult concept to grasp.
June 10, 200620 yr Author uh, what the hell are you talking about. So he struck out 3 times last night. Who cares. He had a rough game and faced a pretty good pitcher. He's hitting .315(12-38) in his last 11 games with 2 BB and 6 SO. What does he have to do to 'meet your expectations.' I did check his stats and they are very good but I mean overall he doesnt look like the real Jeremy. His plate Discipline has gone down. He doesnt look the same as last year. Maybe its just me but I see something different about him.
June 10, 200620 yr uh, what the hell are you talking about. So he struck out 3 times last night. Who cares. He had a rough game and faced a pretty good pitcher. He's hitting .315(12-38) in his last 11 games with 2 BB and 6 SO. What does he have to do to 'meet your expectations.' I did check his stats and they are very good but I mean overall he doesnt look like the real Jeremy. His plate Discipline has gone down. He doesnt look the same as last year. Maybe its just me but I see something different about him. Holly, the thing with Hermida is that he has always been a pretty big strike out guy. Not Reggie or Borchar strikeout numbers, but still a number pretty close to 100 per year. Also, even this "slumping" Hermida has his OBP at .385 right now. That +.100 from average to on base is very very good.
June 10, 200620 yr He'll be alright Holly.... This KID is OUR FUTURE! whoa, you two got a little something going on? :mischief
June 10, 200620 yr Too much worrying too early about a club who is still learning. Let's not have a heart attack yet. There is a reason they are called great prospects.
June 10, 200620 yr I think slowly but surely he will come around and eventually become a great player year in and year out. Having that nagging injury probably took its toll on his groove. So essentially Hermida is in search of his groove. He needs to get his groove on. :lol But seriously, Im so psyched about the 1-3 in our starting rotation right now that all this other stuff doesnt faze me at all. Willis, JJ and Nolasco have looked better than we've all imagined. When Olsen decides he's ready to grow up (he is a young kid after all) then we could be in for something special in a year or two.
June 10, 200620 yr Olsen does have an ERA under 3 in his last 2 starts, and aside from his 4 bad starts...his other 6 starts his era is under 3 as well. So, we just have to hope that 6 start era under 3 Scotty is what sticks and 4 start era 12.7 never rears his ugly head again. If it does, Randy can just slap him around a little more.
June 10, 200620 yr uh, what the hell are you talking about. So he struck out 3 times last night. Who cares. He had a rough game and faced a pretty good pitcher. He's hitting .315(12-38) in his last 11 games with 2 BB and 6 SO. What does he have to do to 'meet your expectations.' I did check his stats and they are very good but I mean overall he doesnt look like the real Jeremy. His plate Discipline has gone down. He doesnt look the same as last year. Maybe its just me but I see something different about him. Relax....Jeremy will be fine. I don't think he'll ever be a superstar....just a solid .300 and 20-30 HR player (100 walks).
June 10, 200620 yr He could very well be a superstar. Just hope the injury bug that bit him this year is the exception and not the norm.
June 10, 200620 yr Wait a minute, everyone was ragging on Hermy for not being more aggressive and stop watching pitches pass by and not he's not being aggressive enough? People can stop worrying, he'll figure it out.
June 11, 200620 yr Why is it when anyone struggles even the slightest, Holly has to freak out unnecessarily???
June 11, 200620 yr Author Why is it when anyone struggles even the slightest, Holly has to freak out unnecessarily??? First of all I am not freaking out. Second, I never "freaked out" about Hanley's/Hammer's slump. I just saw something different in Hermida and I wanted to see if anyone else saw it.
June 11, 200620 yr Hermida is very hard on himself and wants to be able to perform at 100%....not hitting for a month after a great start did not help....believe me Hermy will be back in due time....I know this kid very well....
June 11, 200620 yr Author Hermida is very hard on himself and wants to be able to perform at 100%....not hitting for a month after a great start did not help....believe me Hermy will be back in due time....I know this kid very well.... :thumbup Go Jeremy!
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.