Disney World

Lefty

I'm going back to the land of magic tomorrow morning. Going to stay Saturday, Sunday and coming back on Monday.

Coincidentally my idol will be at Magic Kingdom on Monday. But I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to see him.

I won't be going on the Rockin Roller Coaster

I'm going back to the land of magic tomorrow morning. Going to stay Saturday, Sunday and coming back on Monday.

Coincidentally my idol will be at Magic Kingdom on Monday. But I'm not sure if I'll get the chance to see him.

Have fun.

good choice

Saturday arrived at Pop Century resort at 9:30 am. Checked in but room wasn't ready so we went straight to Islands of Adventures. Got there at around 10:45 am, and bought the Express pass for 40 dollars each (83 with tax for both). Turns out the park was NOT busy at all and the waits were short as hell. So I thought we wasted our money (more on that later). We went on Spiderman, Popeye's Barge, Dueling Dragons, etc...

However it started raining at around 3:00 just before the Hulk. We also didn't go on Jurassic Park that day. We went to Universal and rode Jimmy Neutron's 3D attraction. It was ok I guess. Then we went back to the hotel because neither of us got much sleep the night before. Got to the hotel at around 5pm, passed out until 7:30, and then went to eat dinner.

Sunday we decided to buy the park hopper addition to our tickets. We went to Animal Kingdom from about 9:30am-3pm, and then Magic Kingdom from 3-9.

It was the first time she had been to AK and the first time for me since '98, so it was a unique experience for both. We went on Dinosaur, a couple of the 'nature' walks, a couple little roller coaster-type deals...also went on Expedition Everest, the new roller coaster. It was pretty bad ass (we used fast pass on it).

Since we used FP on EE we had to wait until about 12 before getting FP for Kilimanjaro Safari. Then we had to wait until 2:30 to use the FP. At that time it started POURING. WE waited until it got a little softer and then went on the tour of the animal reserve. Cool stuff.

At Magic Kingdom, we went immediately to the Pirates of the Carribbean to see Johnny Depp's likeness on the refurbished ride. It was very cool and eerily identical to him. We also went on the usual suspects--Thunder, Space Mountain; Tea Cups; Philharmagic....

Monday we went back to Islands of Adventures and Universal. We went first to the 'Revenge of the Mummy'. Amazing ride and I LOVED it. Then we went to IOA, and managed to use our Express pass again even though it says' ONLY VALID JULY 1ST'. Obviously the ticket people either can't or don't read. I'm not complaining. We skipped a 90 minute wait for the Hulk, a 50 minute wait for Dueling Dragons (three times) and got great seats for the Sinbad stunt show (very cool). We also went on Jurassic Park (skipped the 75 minute wait). Went on the Hulk once more but had to wait for almost an hour. We were stuck behind this Texan couple who were very sheltered, ignorant and talkative. But the ride was a great way to end the vacation.

We had to leave at around 7 so I could pick up my transient sister in Lakeland before heading back home.

Now I'm still tired because we packed so much into three days that it's just now hitting me all at once.

Have fun.

good choice

Been there. Word of advice: never eat before getting on that ride.

At Magic Kingdom, we went immediately to the Pirates of the Carribbean to see Johnny Depp's likeness on the refurbished ride. It was very cool and eerily identical to him.

I'm jealous. You know, I haven't even looked up pics of this. I just saw the concept artwork. *looks on TellNoTales.com*

Saturday arrived at Pop Century resort at 9:30 am. Checked in but room wasn't ready so we went straight to Islands of Adventures. Got there at around 10:45 am, and bought the Express pass for 40 dollars each (83 with tax for both). Turns out the park was NOT busy at all and the waits were short as hell. So I thought we wasted our money (more on that later). We went on Spiderman, Popeye's Barge, Dueling Dragons, etc...

However it started raining at around 3:00 just before the Hulk. We also didn't go on Jurassic Park that day. We went to Universal and rode Jimmy Neutron's 3D attraction. It was ok I guess. Then we went back to the hotel because neither of us got much sleep the night before. Got to the hotel at around 5pm, passed out until 7:30, and then went to eat dinner.

Sunday we decided to buy the park hopper addition to our tickets. We went to Animal Kingdom from about 9:30am-3pm, and then Magic Kingdom from 3-9.

It was the first time she had been to AK and the first time for me since '98, so it was a unique experience for both. We went on Dinosaur, a couple of the 'nature' walks, a couple little roller coaster-type deals...also went on Expedition Everest, the new roller coaster. It was pretty bad ass (we used fast pass on it).

Since we used FP on EE we had to wait until about 12 before getting FP for Kilimanjaro Safari. Then we had to wait until 2:30 to use the FP. At that time it started POURING. WE waited until it got a little softer and then went on the tour of the animal reserve. Cool stuff.

At Magic Kingdom, we went immediately to the Pirates of the Carribbean to see Johnny Depp's likeness on the refurbished ride. It was very cool and eerily identical to him. We also went on the usual suspects--Thunder, Space Mountain; Tea Cups; Philharmagic....

Monday we went back to Islands of Adventures and Universal. We went first to the 'Revenge of the Mummy'. Amazing ride and I LOVED it. Then we went to IOA, and managed to use our Express pass again even though it says' ONLY VALID JULY 1ST'. Obviously the ticket people either can't or don't read. I'm not complaining. We skipped a 90 minute wait for the Hulk, a 50 minute wait for Dueling Dragons (three times) and got great seats for the Sinbad stunt show (very cool). We also went on Jurassic Park (skipped the 75 minute wait). Went on the Hulk once more but had to wait for almost an hour. We were stuck behind this Texan couple who were very sheltered, ignorant and talkative. But the ride was a great way to end the vacation.

We had to leave at around 7 so I could pick up my transient sister in Lakeland before heading back home.

Now I'm still tired because we packed so much into three days that it's just now hitting me all at once.

were you in the hullk line like i was, when we had the looooong delay (think this was from 1-4 p.m. or so)...i was at the front and we kept getting these messages "Your Attention Please, due to inclement weather normal operation of the gamma sled has been suspended. we are sorry for the inconvience and will keep you informed with any updates ....."

I really need to plan my 'ideal' trip sometime soon.

You keep saying that and you don't do anything, loser. :p

Shut it.

I really need to plan my 'ideal' trip sometime soon.

By the time you actually go to Disney, Mickey will have gray hair.

Sorry, some people have to work.