Red Sox @ Marlins-- 6:05 pm--Dolphin Stadium

Fish4Life

vs

Time Wakefield (5-8, 3.85 ERA) Brian Moehler (5-6, 6.55 ERA)

Moehler set to face Wakefield

Boston (48-29) at Florida (35-41)

Knuckleballers can be a nightmare for any batter, but for a young team going up against Tim Wakefield, one of the best when he's on, it can be the kind of stuff Stephen King novels are made of.

The Marlins will face that formidable task on Saturday when they take the plate against Wakefield, who will be one of the first knuckleballers any of the young Fish have faced.

"Knuckleballers are tough," Dan Uggla said. "I've faced a couple. You never know which way it's going to go."

Manager Joe Girardi doesn't want his batters to make any big changes, but said that you have to make some adjustments facing someone with nasty stuff like Wakefield.

"Wakefield can throw you in a funk for a while," Girardi said. "I think you've got to think about taking him the opposite way, and you've got to lift his ball up, that's the advice I'd give."

Going up against Wakefield on the mound will be Brian Moehler, who struggled in his last start -- a four-inning performance against the Yankees.

Pitching matchup

RHP Tim Wakefield (5-8, 3.86 ERA)

Wakefield got a no-decision in his last start against the Phillies, allowing three runs on six hits over six innings.

RHP Brian Moehler (5-6, 6.55 ERA)

Moehler had one of his poorest starts of the season in his last outing against the Yankees, allowing three runs in the first and five overall in a four-inning appearance.

Player to watch

Mark Loretta enters Saturday's game riding a 13-game hitting streak, the longest currently in baseball, with a .451 average over that span.

On the Internet

? MLB.TV

? Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

On television

? Sun Sports

On radio

? 560 WQAM, 1140 WQBA (Espa?ol)

We're sorry! Your data indicate that you are prevented from watching this game LIVE due to national live broadcast restrictions. During national TV broadcasts, fans in the US, Japan, US Virgin Isls, Guam and S. Korea are blacked out.

:banghead

MLB.tv will not work until 7.

use gameday :thumbup

I'll be between the game and the Pepsi 400.

We're sorry! Your data indicate that you are prevented from watching this game LIVE due to national live broadcast restrictions. During national TV broadcasts, fans in the US, Japan, US Virgin Isls, Guam and S. Korea are blacked out.

:banghead

Blame FOX.