Rocky Balboa

Ashley

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw it today, and the movie sucked. The first half of the movie was just depressing dramatic garbage, and the second half with the fight was incredibly cheesy and unrealistic, not to mention fake. The jabs seemed so incredibly fake, like they weren't even hitting each other but huge "hitting" noises were dubbed in and it was quite obvious. The movie was poorly done, IMO and if boxers actually boxed like that, they would be dead after 1 round.

I saw it today, and the movie sucked. The first half of the movie was just depressing dramatic garbage, and the second half with the fight was incredibly cheesy and unrealistic, not to mention fake. The jabs seemed so incredibly fake, like they weren't even hitting each other but huge "hitting" noises were dubbed in and it was quite obvious. The movie was poorly done, IMO and if boxers actually boxed like that, they would be dead after 1 round.

The funny thing is, the first little bit of the fight was the most realistic boxing in the whole Rocky series.

I went into this thinking that it was a Rocky movie, so it wasn't going to be cinematic genius or anything. With that in mind, I was thoroughly entertained and looked past all of the common things you find in every single Rocky movie that may not make for great film.

This movie blows Rocky 5 out of the water, at least. I'd put it up there with No. 3.

Were you really expecting a serious boxing movie with realistic fighting sequences? Have you never seen Rocky I-V?

I actually enjoyed it and I think its a great way to finish the franchise

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Saw it today and definitely enjoyed it. I'll start off by saying that my expectations beforehand weren't set very high, so when I found myself watching a decent movie I was pleasantly surprised.

Is it better than the more recent Rockies? Yes. Is it a fantastic movie? No. Is it enjoyable? I think so.

Check it out.

FlumLum Rating: 7.0/10

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This incarnation of the story shows a Rocky who's looking for something to fill his life. He's a little depressed, down on his luck and searching for self respect. Expecting this movie to just be a paycheck for Stallone, I was surprised at how much effort he actually put in to the film. As opposed to the later installments of the Rocky saga, where the movie is about the glitz ang glam of the fight, this movie was about the personal struggles of Rocky. Written by Stallone, it was more of a revisit to Rocky 1 in that regard than the later films, which were much "emptier".