ESPN sinks to a new low

Accord

The World Series of Darts debuts on Tuesday.

We've already hade the World Series of Dominoes and Poker. What's next World Series of Foosball? Why don't they show real sports that don't get much exposure, like lacrosse or rugby? But no, instead they show bar games.

I'm more intrigued by darts than poker. Let's see...

I'd go, in order from best to last:

Bowling

women's basketball

darts

And1 basketball

world series of dominos

and a two way tie between paintball and poker. Both suck. I still think they should send the paintball winners to Iraq for a prize.

All things I won't watch. but, if forced I'd go in that order. Change the channel if you don't like it.

Bowling

women's basketball

darts

And1 basketball

world series of dominos

and a two way tie between paintball and poker. Both suck. I still think they should send the paintball winners to Iraq for a prize.

All things I won't watch. but, if forced I'd go in that order. Change the channel if you don't like it.

ummm...watching bowling on tv is as much fun as getting kicked in the sack by shaq, womens basketball for me is like watching a bunch of 6th grade, unathletic boys playing basketball, darts on tv makes me want them to hit the bullseye(ie right between someone's eyes), and 1 basketball isnt basketball, its black kids who think they have a shot at the nba and one white kid who is the next steve nash, world series of dominos...no comment, i actually like paintball, its like watching war with paint on tv(should be on fox news) and i really enjoy watching poker, maybe its because i love playing it after a long hiatus of playing cards...and i like to watch the look on some people's faces when they are f***ed over on the river

ya, most of these shows are on during the day...and my channel never changes from ESPN (except for FSN or sun sports)..so i'm sitting here watching toe-wrestling championships and darts championship..

FYI TONIGHT ON ESPN AT 7:00 IS THE DARTS CHAMPIONSHIP...forget the marlins, let's watch this. (for those of you who can't detect sarcasm, no i'm not serious)

Bowling

women's basketball

darts

And1 basketball

world series of dominos

ummm...watching bowling on tv is as much fun as getting kicked in the sack by shaq, womens basketball for me is like watching a bunch of 6th grade, unathletic boys playing basketball, darts on tv makes me want them to hit the bullseye(ie right between someone's eyes), and 1 basketball isnt basketball, its black kids who think they have a shot at the nba and one white kid who is the next steve nash, world series of dominos...no comment, i actually like paintball, its like watching war with paint on tv(should be on fox news) and i really enjoy watching poker, maybe its because i love playing it after a long hiatus of playing cards...and i like to watch the look on some people's faces when they are f***ed over on the river

It's preference, man. I think poker sucks. Big time. You couldn't force me to watch anymore than I have. In my opinion, if it was up to me, none of these BUT women's basketball would be on ESPN at all. But, strapped to a chair with no chance of killing myself, I'd personally watch darts LONG before I'd watch poker. In my opinion darts is pwny, poker isn't.

If you know the rules and what not, darts is fun.

QFT.

Darts is such an under played game because most people don't know the actual technicalities of it. Easily my favorite bar game. I like it better then pool and ping pong for sure.

Speaking of ping pong, I've seen ESPN show ping pong matches before. Now that's low.

ive seen those too

i really didnt have a problem with it, its insane how fast the ball moves and how quickly they have to react

I think its great that ESPN shows poker.

Anyone who doesnt like the fact they show poker obviously doesnt like to play poker (which is fine but I dont play darts but I think its cool they are showing darts for those that do).

And for those that want more rugby and lacrosse, I think those sports should be shown as well. I remember a long time ago I used to watch Australian Rules Football. It was really cool. Im sure you can watch rugby on satellite somehow.

My only complaint about poker on TV is that they only show big showdown hands out of long grueling tournaments (it would be nice to see some of the not so sexy hands once in a while), and they never show cash games except on the Game Show Network on Monday nights.

I think the worst thing they show is Dominoes. The game itself is alright but to see people stress over it and stuff doesn't really do it for me. I always put on the Poker tournaments if nothing else is on, it can be interesting but not necessarily on ESPN. I like the celebrity one on Bravo.

Anyone who doesnt like the fact they show poker obviously doesnt like to play poker (which is fine but I dont play darts but I think its cool they are showing darts for those that do).

And for those that want more rugby and lacrosse, I think those sports should be shown as well. I remember a long time ago I used to watch Australian Rules Football. It was really cool. Im sure you can watch rugby on satellite somehow.

My only complaint about poker on TV is that they only show big showdown hands out of long grueling tournaments (it would be nice to see some of the not so sexy hands once in a while), and they never show cash games except on the Game Show Network on Monday nights.

I love playing poker, do it all the time at the pub. But cant stand watching it on TV. I'd watch it before womens basketball and golf though.

I, btw, love to play golf as well, but cant stand watching it on TV. Womens basketball should not exist.

As far as other bar games, I suck at pool and cant stand watching it on tv, same with darts...although I am getting better at darts.

Shuffleboard, tho, is the king of all bar games.

Aussie Rules! Now that is a cool sport. When I had FSC they would show highlights late night. Rugby on Satellite is on Setanta Sports. All things I cannot afford, unfortunately.

Jimmy, you like WATCHING war? Interesting...