This happened for the ump-teenth time

Lefty

I don't know what Maddux did, but I don't think judgment calls can be reversed.

I believe 5 of Maddux's earned runs where changed to unearned runs when MLB decided a hit was actually an error over a month after the game.

A totally unrelated thing.

I believe 5 of Maddux's earned runs where changed to unearned runs when MLB decided a hit was actually an error over a month after the game.

Actually the MLB called the Marlin's scorekeeper and 'persuaded' him to change it.

LOL

Actually the MLB called the Marlin's scorekeeper and 'persuaded' him to change it.

LOL

what does that have to do with us blowing another game? I mean really....

LOL

what does that have to do with us blowing another game? I mean really....

It was more a crack at Maddux than anything. Just taking my frustration out on Greg.

there were some bad calls but it was the pen that lost this game. I'm really frustrated with Messenger. He should not be used in late game situations right now. He does not have an out pitch and the lack of one is making him Looper-esque. He gets ahead of hitters can't put them away and then ends up throwing something completely hittable.

there were some bad calls but it was the pen that lost this game. I'm really frustrated with Messenger. He should not be used in late game situations right now. He does not have an out pitch and the lack of one is making him Looper-esque. He gets ahead of hitters can't put them away and then ends up throwing something completely hittable.

I'm not sure if I agree or not, but I like your use of the term Looper-esque.

the team is just not ready for primetime

I was gonna post this, but was afraid I'd get eaten alive by the homers, but......this game is the reason people shouldn't be thinking playoffs this year. When we can only get a run or two of IAN SNELL and then our main bullpen guys blow it in the 8th and we can't put away the Pittsburgh Pirates......that's a sign.

I was gonna post this, but was afraid I'd get eaten alive by the homers, but......this game is the reason people shouldn't be thinking playoffs this year. When we can only get a run or two of IAN SNELL and then our main bullpen guys blow it in the 8th and we can't put away the Pittsburgh Pirates......that's a sign.

Ian Snell is a real solid prospect... that being said, the offense is DEAD... absolutely dead

the team just aint ready for prime time

Ian Snell is a real solid prospect... that being said, the offense is DEAD... absolutely dead

Team Totals: .269 avg, 96 g, 3312 ab, 442 r, 891 h, 184 2b, 12 3b, 96 hr, 417 rbi, 276 bb, 665 k, 51 hbp, 30 sb, 12 cs, 98 gdp, .332 obp, .419 slg, .751 ops.

No doubt they're struggling in some places but are they dead? I don't think so.

you are showing me totals on the year... not sure I get youre point

This game should have never gotten to Messenger. Before the rains came down on us Tank was stretching in the pen. After 7 I saw Borchard on deck and looked over and saw Logan throwing in the pen. I'm not a big Kensing fan, probably more because of last year which is probably unfair to him but come on. Tank or Logan with a 1 run lead in a low scoring game?

If blame is to be set, blame Girardi. JJ had only 90 pitches after 7. Now I can understand his idea here, just don't agree with it. Seems as if he is trying to not tire starters or babying young arms so they can last the entire year and instead putting the game in jeapordy for doing it. This isn't the first game lost because of that. A rookie mistake.

This is also a game that should have been postponed. Even to another day if necessary. It was an absolute downpour. No reason to risk injuries when the Pirates will be here through Sunday and we could have finished the last 2 innings another day if it came to that. Most of us that were cowering in the concession area watching the fiasco on the TVs thought that was what was going to happen.

you are showing me totals on the year... not sure I get youre point

:blink:

Im trying to say the offense is DEAD RIGHT NOW.... what is so hard to understand?

Im not saying they are dead on the season, but right now

I always have believed that drawing conclusions from games played in the rain (and yes I recognize both teams had to play in it) is a mistake.

That said, it would be hard for anyone to make the case, in the literal sense, that this team is "ready for primetime". Is there an outside chance this team can out perform the $65 million 2005 team? Yes. But even that achievement, as much of a longshot as it is, does not make them a contender, only a team with a better record than the greatest underachieving team in Marlins history.