Big Papi does it again

ultimopain

Guest FishFanInPA

Very simple....make someone else beat you.....i'll give up a run and walk Ortiz and Manny and make someone else in that lineup beat you...not saying they won't but gotta do it.

Very simple....make someone else beat you.....i'll give up a run and walk Ortiz and Manny and make someone else in that lineup beat you...not saying they won't but gotta do it.

Intentionally walk both, bringing a run in and putting the tying run on 3rd with 1 out. Brilliant :rolleyes:

Guest FishFanInPA

Intentionally walk both, bringing a run in and putting the tying run on 3rd with 1 out. Brilliant :rolleyes:

Pitch to a guy whose been crushing the ball at an obsene rate and lose.....Brilliant

Heck, i'd walk Ortiz to get to Manny and if feasible walk Manny too.....Can't let Ortiz beat you....Didn't Showalter walk Bonds when the bases were already loaded????

Pitch to a guy whose been crushing the ball at an obsene rate and lose.....Brilliant

Heck, i'd walk Ortiz to get to Manny and if feasible walk Manny too.....Can't let Ortiz beat you....Didn't Showalter walk Bonds when the bases were already loaded????

With a 2 run lead, an out, and the tying runs on, you want to give them a run and put the tying run on third.

That's retarded.

Guest FishFanInPA

With a 2 run lead, an out, and the tying runs on, you want to give them a run and put the tying run on third.

That's retarded.

And as I said you want to let a man that has proved time and time again to beat people in this situation do it again?????

That's retarded.

That's retarded.

And as I said you want to let a man that has proved time and time again to beat people in this situation do it again?????

That's retarded.

I'd rather make Papi beat me than walk in a run, and put the tying run on 3rd with one out when just about anyone can hit a sac fly.

He's been a lot of fun to watch, I'm glad I tuned in to the game.

I'll take your word for it. It's not like you haven't had plenty of chances to see him. Seems like the Red Sox are on ESPN every time they cover baseball.

Exactly, as if they were the only team in the league. Not only is it the games, but also in Sports Center all they talk about is the Red Sox. Makes me sick.

I love that they show the Sox so much. I've always been a casual fan of theirs, but they're just a really fun team to watch. And Big Papi is absolutely amazing. But would I walk him and Manny to get to Lowell? No.. that is just bad baseball. Yes, Papi is clutch and both he and Manny can beat you. But numbers show that they still record outs 70% of the time. You can't risk putting the tying run on 3rd, when you're up by 2 with one out. He's had 15 game winning hits in 4 years. That's a lot, in baseball standards, but it shows he's not gonna do it every time.. But I sure do love to watch when he does....