Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Cro Fired

Featured Replies

WQAM fired talk show host Warren Cromartie after an undisclosed off-air incident at the station. When reached, WQAM general manager Joe Bell declined comment.

 

Cromartie, who has hosted a baseball-themed call-in show on WQAM sporadically since 1997, played parts of 10 major-league seasons.

 

Link

Cro was amusing, but this is probably a good thing.

 

His replacement will probably know more about baseball than he did.

I have to admit he made me laugh even if it was often unintentional. There sure seem to be a lot of "off-air incidents" at WQAM!

Cro was amusing, but this is probably a good thing.

 

His replacement will probably know more about baseball than he did.

 

Gotta imagine any such replacement won't be coming until March or April

The Cro was awesome.

 

 

 

He definetly had one of the most distinctive radio phrases ever on sports radio.

 

"Call me homey!"

 

 

I hope he surfaces somewhere down here, it woluld be a damned shame if he didn't.

Damn shame. Very knowledgeable about the game and always a pleasure to listen to. I wonder if this is a Harold Reynolds type of incident that got him fired?

Damn shame. Very knowledgeable about the game and always a pleasure to listen to. I wonder if this is a Harold Reynolds type of incident that got him fired?

 

no, it's not.

Damn shame. Very knowledgeable about the game and always a pleasure to listen to. I wonder if this is a Harold Reynolds type of incident that got him fired?

 

 

Call me stupid, but what's that in reference to? I guess I missed whatever Harold Reynolds did....

Damn shame. Very knowledgeable about the game and always a pleasure to listen to. I wonder if this is a Harold Reynolds type of incident that got him fired?

 

 

Call me stupid, but what's that in reference to? I guess I missed whatever Harold Reynolds did....

 

So called "Sexual arrasment"...

Damn shame. Very knowledgeable about the game and always a pleasure to listen to. I wonder if this is a Harold Reynolds type of incident that got him fired?

 

 

Call me stupid, but what's that in reference to? I guess I missed whatever Harold Reynolds did....

 

Reynolds was fired for Sexual Harrassment. And thanks to Ramp, we know that this is not the same kind of incident for the 'Cro.

I didn't like Cro at all. I couldn't deal with his obnoxiously aggressive style, and I didn't really find him at all informative. Maybe if you want to know more about baseball in the 70's, but I didn't think he said much about today's game that wasn't plainly obvious.

Cro is awesome.

 

He brought enthusiasm to the table every single time.

 

Knows the game from the inside.

 

I, for one, will miss his show.

On a recent show he was very adamant in saying that if he were Giardi he never would have apologized to Loria in front of the team. I wonder if this had anything to do with his dismissal?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.