Impressive Johnson Quote

Markickass21

From MLB.com if he won ROY:

It would be a great honor," Johnson said. "It's the biggest thing that can happen to a rookie. It'd be awesome to have that happen for me. [but] that's not my goal. My goal is to win and help this team win. That's what I'm shooting for."

I like this guy's approach good to know when a young guy has this kind of mentality this early in his career.

I like Josh and all, but he's going to be one fo those guys that wins 15 games every year and nobody knows his name. There's nothing exciting about him. His stuff isn't electric like Burnett or Beckett or Penny, and he doesn't have the high-kick and personality of Dontrelle. I just wish there was more to him...

*Pointless rant over*

I like Josh and all, but he's going to be one fo those guys that wins 15 games every year and nobody knows his name. There's nothing exciting about him. His stuff isn't electric like Burnett or Beckett or Penny, and he doesn't have the high-kick and personality of Dontrelle. I just wish there was more to him...

*Pointless rant over*

Yeah, if only he was a big baby boy like Burnett and threw some hissy fits and stomped his feet when things didn't go his way everyone would know his name. While he doesn't throw a 100 mph fastball, he can reach back and throw fastballs around 96 mph when he feels like it.

You're right though, he is bound to be one of those no-name pitchers. That must be why many who follow the NL ROTY race predict he will win that award. Johnson is vying to become the first rookie pitcher in 30 years to lead a league in ERA as we go into September? Yawn, what a snoozer. Thats what you would expect from a 22-year-old bound to have a career as no-name pitcher. What a joke.

*Pointless rant over*

Yeah, if only he was a big baby boy like Burnett and threw some hissy fits and stomped his feet when things didn't go his way everyone would know his name. While he doesn't throw a 100 mph fastball, he can reach back and throw fastballs around 96 mph when he feels like it.

You're right though, he is bound to be one of those no-name pitchers. That must be why many who follow the NL ROTY race predict he will win that award. Johnson is vying to become the first rookie pitcher in 30 years to lead a league in ERA as we go into September? Yawn, what a snoozer. Thats what you would expect from a 22-year-old bound to have a career as no-name pitcher. What a joke.

Yeah.. What he said...

*Pointless rant over*

For a guy that size to be very effective like that is rpetty impressive and he paints the corners real well. He baffles htters and keeps them to a low BA and currently leads the majors in lowest era. Like krants said, he needs another good pitch and he will seem even more lights out. I am sorry if YOU can't see him some how having a successful career with the attitude he brings to being able to help this team out.

I think I like all of our SPs attitudes except for the immaturity of Olsen....

however Beckett, Burnett, and Penny had much worse attitudes than these kids do.

I like Olsen's "attitude". I get bored watching someone with no emotion on the mound (and in the dugout :) ) .