ESPN WC views

Fishfan79

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...mp;lid=tab2pos1

teams behind us have better chances then us according to them

smirk

lol teams behind us... they are like .5 behind us, not 10 games

still behind :) and Houston just lost Clemens too.

:banghead

my point was the strange percentages that were alot higher and all. Of course it is a joke piece it seems anyways.

Florida Marlins (69-68, 2 games out of NL wild card)

The young Marlins are playing inspired baseball, but the tension between first-year manager Joe Girardi and owner Jeffrey Loria could tear the team apart. While outside observers think Girardi has turned in a Manager of the Year performance, those close to the organization know he has gone against management's clear mandate to wait until 2009 to win, per Florida's 1997-2003-2009-2015-etc. championship road map. Now the Marlins risk having to dismantle the entire team this season, three years earlier than planned. (Postseason odds: 15:1)

what an a**hole!

It makes some sense to count us out if you believe the Marlins peaked too early and will suffer a losing streak to match their long stretch of recent success. It doesn't make any sense if you believe the Marlins will keep this mojo running through the rest of the year.

I am breaking a rule responding to you but why would it have been better if the team would have been losing recently instead of "peaking". We all knew weeks ago that the only way to get back in this would be a big streak, Dodger like, otherwise we never would have been in it. We would have lost to Milwaukee, in your peaking theory, thus not passing them. We would still be behing 9 teams. Sorry guy, if they do lose it will not be because they have won 13 out of 16.

Baseball is all about streaks. Good streaks follow bad streaks, and bad ones after good ones. What makes a good player or team is to extend those good streaks and keep the bad ones short. If you believe the Marlins are merely streaking, not the team that can play the better than .600 baseball over an extended period (read: longer than a streak) they'll need to and have done so since rallying back from 20 under, then it's easy to suggest that a losing streak to drop the Marlins out of the race is coming.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Am I the only person who thought the guy was just being sarcastic about everything.

My estimation of the board membership just plummeted. I actually found it quite clever.

What would you all be saying if you were Phillies fans. 100,000:1 -- People this is meant as huuuuumor.