Marlins vs Mets 7:05pm DS

CTMarlinsfan

mlb.com:

Marlins go for series win

New York (89-55) at Florida (73-72), 7:05 p.m. ET

By Kevin Fiorenzo / MLB.com

A solid outing ending in a disappointing loss and a key game against a division rival should be more than enough motivation to get Scott Olsen back to his winning ways on Wednesday against the Mets.

Olsen, who leads the Marlins in strikeouts (147) and is tied for tops in wins (12), had won three straight games before falling on Friday to the Phillies, despite a 7 2/3 inning effort with just three runs allowed.

The Marlins ended up splitting that four-game series with Philadelphia and after splitting the first two games of their three-game set vs. the NL East-leading Mets, the youthful Fish remain two games behind the Padres for the NL wild card lead.

With every game now carrying the utmost importance, Marlins manager Joe Girardi recognizes that the team can only focus on how they perform.

"I know that if we don't win, we're not going to make the playoffs," Girardi said.

Facing off against Olsen on the mound will be Mets veteran Tom Glavine, who has struggled this season after getting off to an 8-0 start.

Due to Tuesday's game being delayed two hours and eight minutes, the Marlins' rain delay policy, which states that any ticket for a game which was delayed 90 minutes or more can be exchanged for a future home game for one dollar, is in effect.

Pitching matchup

NYM: LHP Tom Glavine (13-6, 3.98 ERA)

Though Glavine has won just two of his past 12 starts, the Mets have won four of his past six starts.

FLA: LHP Scott Olsen (12-8, 4.01 ERA)

Olsen has struck out 147 batters this season, breaking Dontrelle Willis' record by a Marlins' rookie.

Player to watch

Carlos Beltran needs just one more home run to tie Todd Hundley's single season Mets record for homers (41).

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

? Gameday

? Official game notes

On television

? FSN Florida, SNY

On radio

? WQAM 560 WQBA 1140 (Espa?ol)

Up next

? Thursday: Off-day

? Friday: Marlins (LHP Dontrelle Willis, 10-11, 3.75) at Braves (RHP Lance Cormier, 3-4, 4.80), 7:35 p.m. ET

? Saturday: Marlins (RHP Anibal Sanchez, 8-2, 2.96) at Braves (RHP John Smoltz, 12-9, 3.86), 7:05 p.m. ET

? Sunday: Marlins (RHP Josh Johnson, 12-7, 3.20) at Braves (RHP Kyle Davies, 2-5, 7.56), 1:05 p.m. ET

Kevin Fiorenzo is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Scotties is coming off of an incredible game last time out...let's hope we can do it again! (oh, and why are we going with a 4 man rotation)

My prediction:

NYM 2

FLA 6

You know, I went to the game last night and witnessed a Mets fan spit on a Marlins fan? He was actually aiming for the sign he was holding, but the guy was so drunk spit went everywhere! Mouth full of beer and all. Nasty motherf***er. And when the Mets took the lead he flipped the guy's hat and tried snatching the sign out of his hand. Classy people, those Mutt fans.

Well, let's hope for a win tonight! Go Fish!

You know, I went to the game last night and witnessed a Mets fan spit on a Marlins fan? He was actually aiming for the sign he was holding, but the guy was so drunk spit went everywhere! Mouth full of beer and all. Nasty motherf***er. And when the Mets took the lead he flipped the guy's hat and tried snatching the sign out of his hand. Classy people, those Mutt fans.

:lol

Thats hilarious yet somewhat sickening.

:lol

Thats hilarious yet somewhat sickening.

If this happens to you, come on back here and tell us how hilarious it was.

I should have ate dinner earlier :barf .

Nice to see the Phillies take the lead :rolleyes: .

i just had the most delicious steak and cheese...and ph*ck the phillies!!!!...

I had Pizza. I picked it up after I came home from the gym :plain.

you should chow down on some antacids...and more for the game, than your stomach