Sophomore Slump.

Hollyberry

i believe some pitchers and some hitters will slump...it should be interesting to see who...but the measure of good players is how long/short those slumps will be...i think the marlins will be better record wise, and def in playoff contention...and i think we will...for the most part see the same rotation...maybe one guy in there gets traded for a cf prospect...overall...it should be a very very very fun year for miami baseball fans!

I'm hoping we pick up a good SP in the offseason, but I won't count on it.

what?

I'd just like to have a guy (not neccesarily a vet) but someone with a bit of experience. You don't think it'd be nice to sign a Barry Zito type player, to a 2-3 year contract? I would. But as I said, I highly doubt we'd do something like that.

what?

I'd just like to have a guy (not neccesarily a vet) but someone with a bit of experience. You don't think it'd be nice to sign a Barry Zito type player, to a 2-3 year contract? I would. But as I said, I highly doubt we'd do something like that.

:|

what?

seriously, what the hell are you talking about?

The pitchers won't, they seem to be good at making adjustments and can keep ML talent off balance, I don't know about our bullpen though.

hitters will, knowing that Uggla and Willingham are potential threats, Cabrera won't get as many free passes and pitchers won't attempt to pitch around him. they will make more adjustments and not possibly making the offence look like garbage. Remember how easily hitters finally got to Olivo?

The record is ifff, obviously it's a crap shoot to say if we will run into those good hot streaks of wining 9 in a row and going like 15 for our last 19, but we probably won't suberge below 20 games like this year. Playoffs are only dependant on if Loria wants us there, he knows we need OF help and more relief arms.

Also, we have argueably the best rotation in the NL. When we faced the Mets, the SNY commentators even showed our rotation ranked first in the NL in lowest ERA [4.01?]

what?

Would there be room for him in the rotation, though?

Jason Vargas and Dontrelle Willis are just two examples of sophomore slumps. Zach Duke, Oliver Perez are two that come to mind off the top of my head.

It's a concern. Other teams have time to study film, teams know your stuff, etc.. If anything, the players with the best "stuff" might be best equipped to avoid it, maybe.

Good thinking here. Add in the ones that take the off season and their job seriously enough to get themselves a serious off season training program. Attitude is everything.