Destroy the Phillies

PBCMarlinsFan

One thing I find myself doing as the final days of the season wind down is rooting against the Phillies. With a passion. I just hope the Marlins are able to bury the Phillies during the final series of the year. So, it was great to read this quote from Scott Olsen in the PBP this morning (in an article on fines Moehler and Olsen face for hitting Philly batters during our last series):

Moehler has said he would appeal any discipline. Olsen said he would pay the fine. Olsen was glad he wasn't going to be suspended because he is in line to start Saturday against the Phillies, who still are in the NL wild-card chase.

"I want to make that start Saturday. I want to ruin the Phillies' season," Olsen said.

Ever since Girardi pulled Olsen aside and straightened his sh*t out, Im really starting to like Scotty.

Swift is right though, he may want to keep his feelings about the Phils on the down low.

Hopefully the Marlins will ruin the Phillies season. The Phillies sure as hell did play a major part in ruining our season.

Ive been rooting against the Phillies all year but it hasnt helped much. They just keep on winnin. I dont think Ive seen a Chase Utley at bat all year where he hasnt gotten on base. Its nauseating.

I agree. Since Conine went over to the dark side I have found myself rooting more against the Phillies than for the Marlins (well almost). The first night Philly was back in our park I made a sign that said "How could you Conine?" I had seats in Founders field on the front row and when Conine stopped on first in the 3rd inning he looked right at me and the sign. You could tell he was reading it and then he shrugged his shoulders and said "sorry". Yeah right.....You aren't sorry or you would have stayed in the American League. And by the way...red isn't your color. A little bitter??....maybe. I've retired his pin I got during the 97 season. LET'S GO FISH....I will be there both games this weekend.

I agree. Since Conine went over to the dark side I have found myself rooting more against the Phillies than for the Marlins (well almost). The first night Philly was back in our park I made a sign that said "How could you Conine?" I had seats in Founders field on the front row and when Conine stopped on first in the 3rd inning he looked right at me and the sign. You could tell he was reading it and then he shrugged his shoulders and said "sorry". Yeah right.....You aren't sorry or you would have stayed in the American League. And by the way...red isn't your color.

you do realize he was traded to Philly, right?

Ever since Girardi pulled Olsen aside and straightened his sh*t out, Im really starting to like Scotty.

Swift is right though, he may want to keep his feelings about the Phils on the down low.

Hopefully the Marlins will ruin the Phillies season. The Phillies sure as hell did play a major part in ruining our season.

Ive been rooting against the Phillies all year but it hasnt helped much. They just keep on winnin. I dont think Ive seen a Chase Utley at bat all year where he hasnt gotten on base. Its nauseating.

Oh, I have been rooting against the Phillies all season as well. I despise that team. It has just reached a fever pitch at this point. I was really getting into the Nats - Phillies game last night, rooting for the Nats to finish them off in extra innings, but they could not deliver (big suprise).

As for Olsen, this is not the first time he said something like this. He made a similiar comment before his last start against the Phillies, which I am sure someone can dig up. It might be best he doesn't say this to reporters, but I loved reading the comment. You gotta love the attitude.

I agree. Since Conine went over to the dark side I have found myself rooting more against the Phillies than for the Marlins (well almost). The first night Philly was back in our park I made a sign that said "How could you Conine?" I had seats in Founders field on the front row and when Conine stopped on first in the 3rd inning he looked right at me and the sign. You could tell he was reading it and then he shrugged his shoulders and said "sorry". Yeah right.....You aren't sorry or you would have stayed in the American League. And by the way...red isn't your color.

Oh yeah, I realize but that's because he wanted to play for a playoff contender.....BUT seriously then...go to the Yankees, the Twins who ever but the PHILLIES????? I never had the same problem with Paul la Duca or Carlos etc but none of them is MR Marlin....Yeah Mr Marlin not Mr Philly.

Oh yeah, I realize but that's because he wanted to play for a playoff contender.....BUT seriously then...go to the Yankees, the Twins who ever but the PHILLIES????? I never had the same problem with Paul la Duca or Carlos etc but none of them is MR Marlin....Yeah Mr Marlin not Mr Philly.

I still don't think you get it.

OK...What is it you want me to get???? I am supposed to be glad he is playing for a contender and competes directly against us? Your right ...that I don't get. Well, I guess I get it $$$$. I know for a fact that players have a say in where they don't want to go and all I am saying is I would rather have seen him in Yankee blue or A's green.

OK...What is it you want me to get???? I am supposed to be glad he is playing for a contender and competes directly against us? Your right ...that I don't get. Well, I guess I get it $$$$. I know for a fact that players have a say in where they don't want to go and all I am saying is I would rather have seen him in Yankee blue or A's green.

HE WENT TO THE f***ING ORIOLES.

GOD DAMN IT!

HE WAS TRADED TO THE PHILLIES.

GOD DAMN IT!

How dare he get himself traded!!! :banghead

GOD DAMN IT!

OK...I guess your right. I love it. Since you are so freaked out then I guess that makes you right. I bet you don't play well with others either.

GOD DAMN IT!

OK...I guess your right. I love it. Since you are so freaked out then I guess that makes you right. I bet you don't play well with others either.

Um...wow.

I agree. Since Conine went over to the dark side I have found myself rooting more against the Phillies than for the Marlins (well almost). The first night Philly was back in our park I made a sign that said "How could you Conine?" I had seats in Founders field on the front row and when Conine stopped on first in the 3rd inning he looked right at me and the sign. You could tell he was reading it and then he shrugged his shoulders and said "sorry". Yeah right.....You aren't sorry or you would have stayed in the American League. And by the way...red isn't your color. A little bitter??....maybe. I've retired his pin I got during the 97 season. LET'S GO FISH....I will be there both games this weekend.

Thank you for making our fanbase look like idiots.

:lol

It's times like this I realize why I'm a self-loathing Marlins fan.

I would love to knock the Phillies out of the playoffs. I also like what I've seen from Olsen this year.

I hope that he definitely gets the start. Girardi has made it clear he wants him to start, but the FO IMO would like to shut him down for the season. The FO may want to raise the stakes in this feud with Girardi as well so that they can maneuver themselves into a better compensation deal in regards to Girardi. This could be an interesting weekend.