Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sources: Girardi to be let go on Tuesday

Featured Replies

was just gonna post this too. it hasn't been 100 % confirmed since Beinfest and Giradi still gotta talk things out so we gota see now.

Why Tuesday? Something wrong with today or Monday?

 

 

Monday is Yom Kippur and the Marlins are not expected to conduct any business that day.

 

"I'm going to observe the holiday Monday, and I know David Samson [team president] and Jeffrey are as well," Beinfest said. "I'm not sure there will be any business conducted on Monday."

Why Tuesday? Something wrong with today or Monday?

 

 

Monday is Yom Kippur and the Marlins are not expected to conduct any business that day.

 

"I'm going to observe the holiday Monday, and I know David Samson [team president] and Jeffrey are as well," Beinfest said. "I'm not sure there will be any business conducted on Monday."

 

Oh, i see, but i wonder why Loria and Samson would observe any religious holiday since

they both know they are going to hell. :mischief2

Well, Beinfest has gven Girardi credit. One can always hope that cooler heads prevail and they can get things right. But if not then I hope at least Gonzalez talks to Girardi and can buiild a similar relationship with the players. I would really hate for all this drama to cause any more problems for the team.

I still hope they can work something out. No matter how much I anticipate this, I know I'm gonna be so pissed off when the decision is announced. Girardi did a great job and deserves to manage this team next season.

I would really hate for all this drama to cause any more problems for the team.

 

 

it's going to. all the players (supposedly) like girardi.

  • Author

I would really hate for all this drama to cause any more problems for the team.

 

 

it's going to. all the players (supposedly) like girardi.

 

Oh please. I hate this argument that the players will be unhappy about a manager being fired and somehow this will harm the team. And if they are unhappy, what difference does it make? They will get over it by the time spring training starts. I'm sure in April, you will be hearing how happy they are with Fredi and his coaching staff(or whoever is hired next).

 

Players don't get to pick the manager. It is their job to go out, play hard, and produce like professionals. The players will play just as hard for Fredi Gonzalez as they have for Girardi. This will be much more of an issue for fans than it is for the guys on the team.

very much agree. we'll soon see how overrated girardi's reputation with the players was...

 

 

That's irrelevant to me... Girardi did a great job and he deserves to be here next year.

Why Tuesday? Something wrong with today or Monday?

 

 

Monday is Yom Kippur and the Marlins are not expected to conduct any business that day.

 

"I'm going to observe the holiday Monday, and I know David Samson [team president] and Jeffrey are as well," Beinfest said. "I'm not sure there will be any business conducted on Monday."

 

Oh, i see, but i wonder why Loria and Samson would observe any religious holiday since

they both know they are going to hell. :mischief2

 

 

!!! :notworthy :notworthy :lol :lol That was one of the funniest things I've ever read on this site.

Why Tuesday? Something wrong with today or Monday?

 

 

Monday is Yom Kippur and the Marlins are not expected to conduct any business that day.

 

"I'm going to observe the holiday Monday, and I know David Samson [team president] and Jeffrey are as well," Beinfest said. "I'm not sure there will be any business conducted on Monday."

 

Oh, i see, but i wonder why Loria and Samson would observe any religious holiday since

they both know they are going to hell. :mischief2

 

 

!!! :notworthy :notworthy :lol :lol That was one of the funniest things I've ever read on this site.

 

Thanks, I try :D

very much agree. we'll soon see how overrated girardi's reputation with the players was...

 

 

That's irrelevant to me... Girardi did a great job and he deserves to be here next year.

he did a great job of alienating everyone important and being in the right place at the right time. other than that I wish him luck with the Cubbies

very much agree. we'll soon see how overrated girardi's reputation with the players was...

 

 

That's irrelevant to me... Girardi did a great job and he deserves to be here next year.

he did a great job of alienating everyone important and being in the right place at the right time. other than that I wish him luck with the Cubbies

 

LMAO....I can't wait until the next manager makes an idiotic move and the fire him threads come out.....

not everyone one will ever be pleased with a manager's tactical moves, but when you lack interpersonal skills with people above on the chain of command to the extent Girardi does you don't belong. glad you and others keep missing the point :lol

very much agree. we'll soon see how overrated girardi's reputation with the players was...

 

 

That's irrelevant to me... Girardi did a great job and he deserves to be here next year.

he did a great job of alienating everyone important and being in the right place at the right time. other than that I wish him luck with the Cubbies

 

 

 

"alienating everyone important" :blink:

 

 

please defend that.

very much agree. we'll soon see how overrated girardi's reputation with the players was...

 

 

That's irrelevant to me... Girardi did a great job and he deserves to be here next year.

he did a great job of alienating everyone important and being in the right place at the right time. other than that I wish him luck with the Cubbies

 

 

 

"alienating everyone important" :blink:

 

 

please defend that.

if you don't know of the people Im talking about it would be a waste of time.

not everyone one will ever be pleased with a manager's tactical moves, but when you lack interpersonal skills with people above on the chain of command to the extent Girardi does you don't belong. glad you and others keep missing the point :lol

 

 

OK, so to you, the front office is more important than the players. I guess you pay to watch Loria and Samson check their email in their office. I, on the other hand, pay to watch the actual guys on the field.. who all respect and like Girardi.

 

And besides what you've read in the papers, you have no friggin idea if Girardi lacks the interpersonal skills to deal with people above the chain of command. All you know is that they didn't see eye to eye on certain situations, and one specific moment he crossed the line.. That's about it. So get off your high horse, thinking that you know everything that's happened behind closed doors, cause you don't.. Fact of the matter is, the guy did a great job and I hope he wins Manager of the Year, cause I'd love to see the front office try to explain how you fire a Manager of the Year.

 

I should also add that I've liked Loria and the entire front office since they took ownership of this team. I was even positive when we had this most recent "Market Correction".. But this one is beyond my comprehension.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.