The 2006 ALDS: New York Yankees VS. Detroit Tigers

Passion

That was one of the best postseason performances I've seen. Balls out effort by Rogers to get that monkey off his back and that gorilla out of Comerica Park. Roger's curve was absolutely exploding. Out pitches don't get much nastier then that.

You have to love a baseball town that hasn't had jack sh*t to cheer about since '87 be so rocking from the beginning and only got better as the game went on. The Ken-ny! Ken-ny! chants were amazing and I was getting chills watching the 2 strike counts tonight.

The Yanks went from 'unbeatable' to the brink of elimination in 2 days, God I love baseball.

That was one of the best postseason performances I've seen. Balls out effort by Rogers to get that monkey off his back and that gorilla out of Comerica Park. Roger's curve was absolutely exploding. Out pitches don't get much nastier then that.

You have to love a baseball town that hasn't had jack sh*t to cheer about since '87 be so rocking from the beginning and only got better as the game went on. The Ken-ny! Ken-ny! chants were amazing and I was getting chills watching the 2 strike counts tonight.

The Yanks went from 'unbeatable' to the brink of elimination in 2 days, God I love baseball.

exactly! and that is why i dont mind lettting the yanks have 200 mil payroll becasue when teams beat them it makes it so much cooler.....its always a david and goliath story

Guys, I'm not celebrating a series win yet...that would be foolish.

You never know what Bonderman will bring. A young man making his first postseason start...you just don't know. And if the Yanks find a way to win tomorrow, they have a nearly unhittable Wang back in NY waiting.

I would love to see a series win and a Gators win on the same day. Best sports day up to this point in my life?

You can't say enough about Kenny Rogers' performance. I've never seen him that pumped and so focused. It was obvious he went out there with something to prove and looked like he never wanted anything so bad in his life. His emotion seemed to completely infect the whole team and I have to say he surprised the hell out of me! The Yankees had that we're the best and we just need to go about our business look while the Tigers looked so energetic and excited. What a contrast!

To me the Yankees are just not a fun team to watch. They have so much talent and yet, personally, they leave me cold. I'm not saying I don't enjoy certain aspects of watching them but they often just look so methodical and businesslike. Efficient and professional, yes...but fun, no.

The Yankees hitters seem to check their patience at the door when playoff time comes. They swing at ball after ball outside of the zone. All year long, patience has been the teams backbone, now they just flail around like they're the Royals. Simply unbelievable how the offense has managed to choke the last 2 games.

I still think the Yankees win the series, but the offense needs to chill out and let the game come to them.

In other news,

I'm supposed to be at a wedding during Game 4...

Hm...

The Yankees hitters seem to check their patience at the door when playoff time comes. They swing at ball after ball outside of the zone.

They got BS'ed on a couple of called strike threes that were out of the zone in that game. But I guess when you're pitching like Rogers was, you get the benifit of the doubt.

A-Rod's batting 8th today.

that's crazy

NY Yankees

AB R H RBI BB K LOB Series Avg

J. Damon cf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .286

D. Jeter ss 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .583

B. Abreu rf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .273

G. Sheffield 1b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .125

H. Matsui dh 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .333

J. Posada c 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .500

R. Cano 2b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .091

A. Rodriguez 3b 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .091