CF Whoever - hopefully batting at around 300 as well

3B Cabrera

2B Uggla

LF Willingham

1B Jacobs

C Olivo

RF Hermida

P ----

Could flip-flop Hammer & Jake and same with Olivo & Hermida.

Hoping that for a CF we could find a Victorino or Nook Logan type relatively young player. But no way in hell should it be Reed. Not unless he makes major improvements. Either he or Reggie better be batting 350 during the Spring for any chance at the starting CF spot.

Hanley-SS

Hermida-LF

Cabrera-3B

Sheffield-RF

Willingham-1B

Uggla-2B

Piazza-C

Cameron-CF

Zito

Sanchez

Willis

Johnson

Olsen

Hoffman-CL

/fantasy

Scary thing, though, is we could easily afford that and be comfortably under $70 mil and be looking at a 100 win team.

Seriously, it'll be more of the same with a youngish centerfielder and maybe a veteran bat at one of the corners to protect Miggy, and that's talking best case scenario.

1 CF-Pierre

2 SS-Ramirez

3 LF-Willingham

4 3B-Cabrera

5 2B-Uggla

6 1B-Jacobs

7 RF-Ross

8 C-Treanor

9 P

ROTATION

1 JJ

2 Olsen

3 Willis

4 Sanchez

5 Nolasco

PEN

Vargas (LR)

Mitre (LR)

Messenger (mop up, MR-if Kensing not healthy)

Herges MR

Kensing (if healthy) 7th

Tank 8th

Borowski 9th

Bench:

Olivo

Hermida

Wood

Helms

Borchard

Amezaga

$70 million and comfortable don't belong in the same sentence when speaking of the Marlins.

Speaking of protecting Cabrera though, why not Uggla? With 27 HRs as a Rookie, he could conceivably go 30-35 next year. Why not slot him #4 if we can fill the #2 spot. Which also reminds me...Hermida doesn't belong anywhere near the top of the order yet. The guy struck out in 20% of his plate appearances (not just ABs), and that won't help in moving Hanley over.

New additions in italics

Manager Fredi Gonzalez

SS Hanley

RF Hermida

3B Cabrera

CF Jim Edmonds (FA)

LF Willingham

2B Uggla

1B Jacobs (or bump everyone else up one CF Kenny Lofton (FA) )

C Olivo

2B/SS/3B/CF Amezaga

CF/LF Ross

1B/3B Wes Helms (FA)

C Mike Lieberthal (FA)

CF/RF Jeremy Reed (trade)

LHP Willis

RHP Sanchez

LHP Olsen

RHP Johnson

RHP Nolasco

C Rafael Soriano (trade)

RHP Setup Dustin Hermanson (FA)

LHP Setup Tankersly

RHP Resop

LHP Pinto

RHP Mitre

RHP Camp Battle Bowyer/Messenger/Vargas/Invitees/Whoever

Costs about $31-32 million, we retain all minor league pitching depth besides whatever it costs to get Rafael Soriano and Jeremy Reed from Seattle in a trade (I'm guessing J. Garcia and one of Petit/Vargas. So worth it for an arm like Soriano we could buy out arby for 3/$6 and have our closer for years). Team has natural platoon partners vs LHP for Edmonds/Lofton or Hermida with Cody, and Helms with Jacobs. Team would hit about 190-210 HR and be improved defensively with the new outfielders and progression of the kids. As long as Resop and Pinto cut the walks somewhat, and all the rotation rookies don't have drastic (Zach Duke) falloffs in production, I like the team a lot. We would have plenty of firepower with our farm system to get an additional fireball RP if necessary at the trade deadline.

$70 million and comfortable don't belong in the same sentence when speaking of the Marlins.

Speaking of protecting Cabrera though, why not Uggla? With 27 HRs as a Rookie, he could conceivably go 30-35 next year. Why not slot him #4 if we can fill the #2 spot. Which also reminds me...Hermida doesn't belong anywhere near the top of the order yet. The guy struck out in 20% of his plate appearances (not just ABs), and that won't help in moving Hanley over.

He'll never hit 30-35, and in case you missed it Uggla whiffed 123 times himself. If you double Hermida's 2006 AB, he would have whiffed 17 more times than Uggla. Not a huge differance in the scheme of things. Both aren't very good numbers.

Minor league OBP

Uggla .347

Hermida .398

2005 Minor league OBP

Uggla .378

Hermida .457

2006 MLB OBP

Uggla .339

Hermida .332

Uggla batted 31 points higher than Hermida this season and only out OBP'd him by 7. When Hermida starts establishing himself, it'll be at a much higher OBP clip because he walks. Hermida will take pitches all day so Hanley can steal, and when he does hit it, he'll more often than not pull it to the right side so even when he makes outs, double plays will be less likely. Until Hermida starts showing that 30+ HR power (my guess not 2007), # 2 is his best slot. Uggla is a natural # 6 hitter if he is able to maintain a solid .270/.335/.465 type line.

SS Ramirez

CF guy that hits .300+

3B Cabrera

2B Uggla

LF williingham

RF Hermida

1B Jake

C Olivo

pitcher

I read an article where Samson said the payroll will be about the same as it was this year, so I'm gonna try to not get my hopes up on us acquiring anyone big.

Moehler and Helms won't be back. I'll miss you Wes.

Here is someone i'd love to see in teal.

Chris Denorfia of the reds hes got so much potential, but is being used as a 4th OF, hes now 26 can play amazing defense and has a good arm esp in CF.

here are his stats down at AAA Louisville for the bats

.349/.409/.484 7HR, 34BB/41SO 15SB/1CS, the reds still need pitching and we have a surplus of it deal Vargas or Mitre or Nolasco and put him in CF for next year.

SS Ramirez R 22

CF Denorfia R 26 *

3B Cabrera R 23

1B Jacobs L 25

2B Uggla R 26 *

LF Willingh R 27

RF Hermida L 22

C Olivo R 28

P

The reason for moving Uggla down is because Denorfia has better plate disipline and won't strike out over 100 times during the course of a season, and hes faster. This also allows Dan to hit with more men on base and for more power.

and if not Denorfia and the marlins can no longer retain D-Train

Dontrelle Willis p

1 year/$4.35M (2006), plus $0.2M in incentives

* re-signed 1/06 (avoided arbitration)

* $4.35M for 2006 paid as follows:

o $0.2M up front

o $2.65M during 2006 season

o $1.5M deferred

* $0.2M in incentives

o $50,000 for 35 g

o $100,000 for Cy Young award

o $25,000 each for All-Star selection & Silver Slugger award

* 2006 contract is record for first-time arbitration-eligible starting pitcher

* 1 year/$0.3785M (2005), re-signed 2/05

* 1 year/$0.3535M (2004), re-signed 3/04 (split contract paying $188,891 in minors)

* agent: Matt Sosnick

* ML service: 2.143

link

Deal him to the Card for the following: Anthony Reyes RHP, Colby Rasmus OF, & Bryan Anderson C

godfather, you have Willy twice

C- Olivo

1B- Hammer

2B- Uggla

SS- Ramirez

3B- Cabrera

LF- _____ _______

CF- ____ ________

RF- Jeremy Hermia

Rotation:

1. Dontrelle Willis

2. Josh Johnson

3. Scott Olsen

4. Anibal Sanchez

5. Jose Garcia

...and some nice pen additions.

On top of that...goodbye Joe, hello contention.

I'm excited.

I thought the manager has very little to do with the outcome of the games?

Oh! I get it! The manager only has a lot to do with the outcome if we LOSE!...

Ive seen the light!

:|

anyways......you throw two living and breathing major leaguers into LF and CF and I love Ramp's lineup.

Now that the 2006 is over, lets predict or give the lineups you want for the 2007 season.

Reed CF

Ramirez SS

Uggla 2B

Cabrera 3B

Helms 1B

Willy LF

Olivo C

Aguila RF

Willis

Moehler

Johnson

Olsen

Sanchez

that is the stupidest lineup and rotation ever, moehler might not even be in the team, and if he is it will be in the pen and reed is gone, aguila in AAA and who knos bout olivo starting

He'll never hit 30-35, and in case you missed it Uggla whiffed 123 times himself. If you double Hermida's 2006 AB, he would have whiffed 17 more times than Uggla. Not a huge differance in the scheme of things. Both aren't very good numbers.

Minor league OBP

Uggla .347

Hermida .398

2005 Minor league OBP

Uggla .378

Hermida .457

2006 MLB OBP

Uggla .339

Hermida .332

Uggla batted 31 points higher than Hermida this season and only out OBP'd him by 7. When Hermida starts establishing himself, it'll be at a much higher OBP clip because he walks. Hermida will take pitches all day so Hanley can steal, and when he does hit it, he'll more often than not pull it to the right side so even when he makes outs, double plays will be less likely. Until Hermida starts showing that 30+ HR power (my guess not 2007), # 2 is his best slot. Uggla is a natural # 6 hitter if he is able to maintain a solid .270/.335/.465 type line.

Worse is worse. Saying that Hermida's strikeout rate isn't "that much" worse is silly. It's worse, as in the opposite of better.

If you're expecting Hermida to have a 457 OBP just let me know when Eric Reed starts batting 300 at the ML level too, cause that's what he was doing this year in AAA. But that doesn't matter. It's as relevant as Sanchez's 3-6 record in AA.

I do find it suprising that you're so confident that Uggla will never hit 30 but that Hermida, with 5 whole HRs, will. I would think we'd all have learned after this season.

I would also think the myth of him walking so much would be done after this year too. Hermida is too patient, and he likes to sit and stare at pitches going by. 33 BB vs 70 SO. Sure, plenty others walk less, but I'd rather the ball be hit than a guy take a walk with the leadoff man on third.

Then you question Uggla's ability to maintain a 270 avg...he did 282 this season vs Hermida's 251.

Minor League is not Major League, and if you expect Hermida to suddenly set the world on fire you'll be setting yourself up for dissapointment. Again.