Borowski Fails Physical

gomarlins9703

According to ESPN.com, Joe Borowski flunked a physical that would have given him a multiyear deal with the Phillies.

Apparently, there was enough wear and tear on his shoulder that the Phillies didn't want to commit long-term. Borowski's agents, Ron Shapiro and Michael Maas, continue to field one-year offers from several clubs, and it seems that the Phillies still could consider him on a shorter deal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2680157

Depending on the Phillies moves improving their bullpen this offseason, I could see the Marlins offering Borowski arbitration if the Phillies assessment was overblown, but only if Borowski seems to be headed for an NL East team. Otherwise, he'll go like Todd Jones. Or maybe his shoulder is really torn up. But I suspect this announcement was made to try and sour the Borowski market and keep the Marlins from offering him arbitration. Only time will tell as to whether this injury is real or no. Anyone have any inside info on this supposed Borowski injury?

I read something about this and I wouldn't call this an injury. Basically what happened, was the doctors that conducted this physical recommended against the Phillies offering a multi year contract. I have no doubt he can pitch effectively in 2007. But the doctors are concerned that he can't go much beyond that. They basically just found wear and tear on the shoulder....