December 22, 200619 yr WOW!!! That is just crazy, I mean w/e stars do go through this, Its just crazy it was the Dtrain.. I really hope this doesnt ruin is image... Hes a good kid, just made a mistake thats it Willis arrested on DUI charge Southpaw failed sobriety test, refused Breathalyzer By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com MIAMI -- Marlins two-time All-Star pitcher Dontrelle Willis was arrested and charged with DUI in South Beach early Friday morning, according to police reports. The 24-year-old, who was married earlier this month, failed a field sobriety test and he refused a Breathalyzer test. The arrest occurred about 4 a.m. ET. According to police reports, Willis drove up to a South Beach night club, got out of his black Bentley and urinated on the street. He got back into his car and was arrested on Washington Avenue close to the Mansion nightclub. Willis spent the rest of the night in jail, and bond was set at $1,000. As of early Friday morning, the Marlins organization had not been notified of the incident by authorities. Marlins senior vice president of communications and broadcasting, P.J. Loyello, said the organization had no comment Friday morning. A call to Willis' agent, California-based Matt Sosnick, was not immediately returned. Raised in Alameda, Calif., Willis makes South Florida his home year-round. "He couldn't keep his balance, he had a strong smell of alcohol," Miami Beach police spokesman Bobby Hernandez told the Associated Press. The high-profile Willis is one of the rising stars in the league, and the left-hander is immensely popular. The National League Rookie of the Year in 2003, Willis has been to two All-Star games, he's been a 20-game winner, and he represented the United States in the 2006 World Baseball Classic. He was the organization's Roberto Clemente nominee, an honor that recognizes his achievements on and off the field. With a 58-39 career record, Willis is the Marlins' all-time leader in victories. In 2005, the lefty went 22-10 with a 2.63 ERA, pacing the Major Leagues in victories. He was 12-12 with a 3.87 ERA in 2006. Willis is very active in the community, visiting numerous schools and representing the organization at holiday-related events. Willis made $4.35 million in 2006 and is in line to make more than $6 million in arbitration this season. Joe Frisaro is a reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs. WOW!! I bet Willis feels like an ass... I think he'll be able to fix it though.. sh*t happens
December 22, 200619 yr dumbass He made a mistake. I'm sure he'll own up to it. We all do stupid things. Drunken driving is one that really pisses me off since I've been involved in a hit and run drunk driving accident. Hopefully he learns his lesson. Doesn't really change my perception of him unless he were to get repeat offenses.
December 22, 200619 yr What Dontrelle did was wrong, but does this take away the thousands of wonderful things he's done over the years? Yeah, those poor, poor kids looking up to someone who does so many things the right way and happens to makes one mistake like every single human being makes throughout the course of their life. How will the children go on? Let's not get crazy. Exactly. :thumbup Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.
December 22, 200619 yr Whats worse? Driving yourself home at 4AM or taking a cab? Just ask Duaner Sanchez. OK I had too. :afro
December 22, 200619 yr Meh, not a big deal DUI's should be excused if it's the first time (although I do think As for the public urination, come on...everyone does that
December 22, 200619 yr Knowing D-Train as a fan, this is shocking. But only good can come of it, he will be the biggest one after his own ass. That is the difference between Dontrelle and others. http://www.nbc-2.com/Articles/readarticle....&z=3&p= I was shocked when I saw the headline....shocked. Note: Will the Marlins start allowing him a "limo driver" allowance? :lol
December 22, 200619 yr RONOES! It reminds me of then the fish were on FOX and they kept talking about how he was just a wholesome kid and before leaving for commercial you would hear him drop an fbomb in the dugout.. lol He will be fine though...
December 22, 200619 yr Man, if i had a nickle for every time i pissed on the street..... We have no idea how drunk he was, in all likelyhood, he was barely over the legal limit. He prob just had to take a leak really bad. I mean, you shouldn't drink and drive...especially when you're loaded and can afford taxis/limos or whatever...but in no way should this ruin his image i still got your back dontrelle!
December 22, 200619 yr really shocking! but i still like the guy as long as he owns up to this, like im sure he will
December 22, 200619 yr Incredibly shocking; absolute last person I would've guessed. This will be interesting as it unfolds some more
December 22, 200619 yr And after a sub-par season where his trade value goes down......his value goes down yet again! :banghead Should have gotten a CFer when we could have.
December 22, 200619 yr And after a sub-par season where his trade value goes down......his value goes down yet again! :banghead Should have gotten a CFer when we could have. I seriously doubt this diminishes his trade value any.
December 22, 200619 yr what is it with my teams and DUI's ?????? jeez...hope D-train learns his lesson and stays out of trouble from now on..
December 22, 200619 yr i am shock he not that kind of person that you think will do that i bet he was having bad day or party too much
December 22, 200619 yr As for the public urination, come on...everyone does that driving down the street, you wouldn't think it odd to see a man peeing in the street?
December 22, 200619 yr Dtrain was released 10 mins ago.... are they showing this on the news somewhere?
December 22, 200619 yr Dtrain was released 10 mins ago.... are they showing this on the news somewhere? Yea it was a news brief... "Marlins star pitcher, released 10 mins ago after being charged with DUI, whats next for Dontrelle?" "Find out on tonight's 6:00 news"
December 22, 200619 yr uhh, i feel horrible That should be the new :plain: emotion. I seriously I am shocked Trelle did this. Last guy I would have expected.
December 22, 200619 yr I'm still having trouble believing that this happened, is this a dream? someone pinch me.
December 22, 200619 yr Stuff happens, i mean he just got carried away.. I wont see him different... People make their mistakes
December 22, 200619 yr I don't want to downplay Dontrelle's actions but he made one bad decision that turned into several bad decisions. I have all the confidence that Dontrelle will apologize to the public, explain to the kids, learn from his mistake and be back better than ever. In the end I think his talk from Mama Willis will far more intense than the legal side of this. I will say one thing that is not part of the story. Married men should not be out on South Beach at 4am. I have no idea if his wife was with him but if she was I would think he would have been bailed out sooner than he was.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.