DTrain arrested in Miami Beach for DUI

MrAndMrsFish

Channel 7 (WSVN-FOX) is reporting that Dontrelle was arrested on Thursday night for refusing to take a breathalyzer test......According to the news...Dontrelle was in his Bentley leaving the Beach last night and was under the influence pulled over and urinated in public and then got arrested....as of 7:10 a.m. he was till being processed at the Miami Beach Police Station

www.wsvn.com (under Breaking news)

From the Herald

Star Marlins pitcher Dontrelle Willis was arrested outside a South Beach nightclub this morning on a DUI charge, Miami Beach police said.

Willis, 24, was stopped in his black Bentley just after 4 a.m. in the 1200 block of Washington Avenue. Police say he refused a Breathalyzer test.

Bond was set at $1,000.

Willis recently finished his fourth season with the Marlins.

The left-handed pitcher made his major league debut in 2003, helping the franchise capture its second World Series in his rookie season.

A two-time all-star, Willis has a 58-39 career record with a 3.44 lifetime ERA.

LINK

DAMN!!!!

And that, kids, is what alcohol does to you.

Wow, I've never been so shocked to hear about a player being arrested. Of all people, the last person you would think of would be D-Train. I'm sure he's very shameful about it. Urinating on the street? Come on!

I wonder how he'll react with the media regarding his arrest.

I just saw this on the Fox and Friends morning show on FOX News Channel. I feel bad for the kids who idolized him.

Let's not go overboard here. If you're 100% serious then I feel sorry for YOU.

What Dontrelle did was wrong, but does this take away the thousands of wonderful things he's done over the years? Yeah, those poor, poor kids looking up to someone who does so many things the right way and happens to makes one mistake like every single human being makes throughout the course of their life. How will the children go on?

Let's not get crazy.

ouch. i really like dontrelle too, and i thought this guy was your version of john smoltz, guy with a squeaky clean record. instead, he could be following the route of rafael furcal. :confused

i stil like furcal, but was shocked when he got in trouble for a dui in his rookie season. got a second shock when we found out he was actually 22, not 19 at the time. got yet another one after he got busted the second time. just make sure dontrelle doesn't make a habit of it.

ouch. i really like dontrelle too, and i thought this guy was your version of john smoltz, guy with a squeaky clean record. instead, he could be following the route of rafael furcal. :confused

i stil like furcal, but was shocked when he got in trouble for a dui in his rookie season. got a second shock when we found out he was actually 22, not 19 at the time. got yet another one after he got busted the second time. just make sure dontrelle doesn't make a habit of it.

Ok let's not go too overboard here. Rafael Furcal has a history of alcohol abuse doesnt he? There have been articles written about him that he doesn't even deserve to be on a playing field.

This doesn't sound like something the Train would say, "I play for the Marlins. Can you give me a chance? I play for the Marlins, please. I've got one [DUI] already."

Nope thats Raffy.

i'm only saying that could be a possiblity for dtrain, and that i'm hoping he doesn't go down the path of furcal.

i think dtrain learned his lesson and he better not get caught with another dui anytime soon, otherwise he's going to jail for a month or so. :nono

yes, furcal has a bit of a history of alchol abuse, i won't deny that, and i've been ashamed at times to be a fan of his, but i stick by him. and that also means i'm defintley still going to like dontrelle.

I don't condone what he did but one DUI doesn't make him a horrible person. As much as I hate to say it, I have a lot of friends who don't have a problem getting into a car when intoxicated but they haven't been caught. Gettting caught doesn't automatically put them on the short list of bad people in the world, although its never a good thing to drink and drive.

Myself, I stay away from alchohol altogether, but I don't automatically think less of the 90 percent of adults that don't.

I don't condone what he did but one DUI doesn't make him a horrible person. As much as I hate to say it, I have a lot of friends who don't have a problem getting into a car when intoxicated but they haven't been caught. Gettting caught doesn't automatically put them on the short list of bad people in the world, although its never a good thing to drink and drive.

Myself, I stay away from alchohol altogether, but I don't automatically think less of the 90 percent of adults that don't.

I got a DUI in college that was dropped b/c I wasn't drunk and was only being f***ed with by the cops at 4 AM for being tired. I can tell you this. I am a much stronger person after sitting through a few DUI classes. It really opens up your eyes. I haven't touched a drink outside of my house since.

I am sure Dontrelle will know how to handle this situation. Rather than combative he will be apologetic and remorseful. He may even become some kind of anti-DUI spoke person etc. We all know what kind of person he is. I am sure we will live up to those expectations and this kind of thing won't happen again. He is too good of a person in many levels to let this bring him down.