Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elijah Dukes Reportedly Threatens To Kill Wife

Featured Replies

Tampa Bay Devil Rays rookie outfielder Elijah Dukes? wife said he threatened to kill her, the St. Petersburg Times reported Wednesday, and she has filed for a restraining order against him twice in the past month.

 

NiShea Gilbert Dukes said that Dukes has sent her a photo of a handgun to her cell phone and she fears for her life, the newspaper reported.

 

Gilbert Dukes played a voice mail allegedly from Dukes, the Times reported. "You dead, dawg. I ain't even (expletive)," the angry voice said, the newspaper reported. "Your kids, too."

 

Dukes declined to comment on the allegations, referring only to a statement from the team, the newspaper reported.

 

"The end of our marriage is a personal matter for my wife and me," the statement read, the Times reported. "Out of respect for my family, especially my children, I wish to keep our proceedings private."

 

Gilbert Dukes said she lives "in fear," the newspaper reported. "When (the Devil Rays) go out of town, I come home. When they're at home, I go stay with my mother. I shouldn't have to live like that because he's a baseball player."

 

The Devil Rays declined comment on the matter, saying they knew nothing of the allegations, the newspaper reported.

 

Dukes, 22, is in his first season with the Devil Rays. He is batting .231 with eight home runs and 13 RBIs.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18822417/

  • Author

I had no idea it was socially unacceptable to send pictures of guns to your wife.

 

Ya lurn sumthin' new evruh dai!

Good guy, this one.

So let me get this straight his "wife's" name is Gilbert?!? Hasn't he done jail time? Did he meet Gilbert in jail?

Just another heart warming story on Dukes.

Wait, sos he threatened to kill his kids to, I've never even heard of someone doing that.

 

I'm assuming they're not his kids, since he calls them "your."

  • Author

Wait, sos he threatened to kill his kids to, I've never even heard of someone doing that.

 

I'm assuming they're not his kids, since he calls them "your."

Well in that case!

 

:p

Yea I was laughing at that as well. Is that supposed to be Cabrera? Why would he be happy no one is on base?

If anything, it should be Hammer upset that it's a lefty on the mound! LOL!

  • Author

Its a classic CitanX illustration from back in the day.

 

If you can't figure it out... :psign

Its a classic CitanX illustration from back in the day.

 

If you can't figure it out... :psign

 

I understand whats going on on the surface, but I can't figure out Cabrera's deeper motivation.

Its a classic CitanX illustration from back in the day.

 

If you can't figure it out... :psign

 

I understand whats going on on the surface, but I can't figure out Cabrera's deeper motivation.

It looks like Cabrera's deeper motivation involves a massive erection in his hand.

  • Author

Its a classic CitanX illustration from back in the day.

 

If you can't figure it out... :psign

 

I understand whats going on on the surface, but I can't figure out Cabrera's deeper motivation.

Its a sarcastic drawing with a sarcastic comment by Cabrera.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.