Dontrelle Willis will "definitely be traded"

Hammerhead

Guest FishFanInPA

Good....trade him while he has any value....I'm surprised he's still worth all of the talk because he's sucked lately.

He writes for the New York Post so take it for what it's worth.

Pretty sure the NY Post had Dontrelle traded 3 years ago

I'd do it while he has max value. Otherwise, he'd just leave eventually in free agency.

However in the case of Miguel, they better do everything possible to keep him in teal and black.

agreed

Guest FlummoxedLummox

I'd do it while he has max value. Otherwise, he'd just leave eventually in free agency.

However in the case of Miguel, they better do everything possible to keep him in teal and black.

I probably won't take a Miguel trade very well.

I just hope that if the report is right that the Marlins indeed trade him to the American League. Maybe Beinfest learned his lesson after watching Carlos Delgado and Paul LoDuca repeatedly pound the Marlins. I don't care if the Braves or Mets would give the Marlins more......I don't like the idea of the D-Train starting 5 games against us in the future.

Boog Sciambi, who's opinion on the Marlins is one of the few I trust had a great point about us trading Dontrelle and Cabs. He talked to Beinfest recently and Admin basically said that last year he felt the Marlins would not compete,hinted at the fact that this year they probably shouldn't be able to compete but fully expects them to compete and make the playoffs in 2008. That has always been the plan from the beginning.

So why would they trade Cabs and Dontrelle now when they are both under team control next year and they expect to make the playoffs next year?

I would love to get Brian Barton from the Indians since they are locked up in the outfield. If they would throw up a good pitching prospect or 2, I would send Dontrelle over there in a heartbeat.

:thumbdown

Barton is a low B level prospect who should not be the centerpiece for any Dontrelle trade. Come on now.

I would love to get Brian Barton from the Indians since they are locked up in the outfield. If they would throw up a good pitching prospect or 2, I would send Dontrelle over there in a heartbeat.

Barton is a low B level prospect who should not be the centerpiece for any Dontrelle trade. Come on now.

Took the words right out of my mouth

anyway 2008, like many of us have said, is our year :thumbup

:lol :lol :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Are we talking about the same Brian Barton with the career .318/.420/.498 stat line and 70 SB to 22 CS(76% success rate) in the minors? The one who is 25?

Because if that is the same Brian Barton you have no idea what your talking about.

Not saying I want to trade Dontrelle to acquire him, but "low b level prospect" is a laughable terminology.

Why not trade him to a team in the NL if they are willling to overpay? Dontrelle hasn't been dominating to any extent since 2005.

I've never really understood the "never trade within your division" mindset. The reasonings have no ground at all.

Why not trade him to a team in the NL if they are willling to overpay? Dontrelle hasn't been dominating to any extent since 2005.

While it is apparent that he still has value to other MLB teams, trading him before this year's deadline puts the Marlins in a greater position to win in 2008 than keeping him would.

You don't trade him because trading him weakens the '07 and '08 Marlins and this team's window is '07 and '08.

I don't understand why so many people insist in trading starting pitching away when starting pitching is our weakness.

Are we talking about the same Brian Barton with the career .318/.420/.498 stat line and 70 SB to 22 CS(76% success rate) in the minors? The one who is 25?

Because if that is the same Brian Barton you have no idea what your talking about.

Not saying I want to trade Dontrelle to acquire him, but "low b level prospect" is a laughable terminology.

There is no reason why he would ever be the centerpiece to a deal for Willis

Never said he should be. Just calling him a "low B level prospect" is silly.

:banghead :banghead

Never said he should be. Just calling him a "low B level prospect" is silly.

I use John Sickels rating system so when I say low B level it is the same as a B-. What ranking would you give him?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.