Jason Wood

ssinisterra

Wood has been solid for this team. His average isn't high but he brings an experienced bat that is capable of getting clutch hits, as he showed last year when he got the gamewinning hit in the last game of the season. On what is still an extremely young team, it's good to mix in some guys like Wood who never lose their cool.

When Jason was signing autographs in ST, the kid next to me says: "Mr. Wood, are you a coach?"

He certainly looks like one.

he does, he's 37, but he looks a little older than that.

Four years in the Sun in Albuquerque will probably age a little more than normal also that and the year freezing in Calgary. He's been with the organization longer than Loria :cool

Seeing as he's 37 and in his third season of Major League ball, I'm going to go with "Not much of a stud, but having a decent season as a pinch hitter/defensive replacement"

This pretty much sums it up but I will add that he is pretty clutch as well. He has come through with some very timely hits in his short time with the Marlins.

Oh and I love to see him do well because El Penguino went on record saying that Jason Wood "sucks".

How very mature of you, Don.

What are you in? Fourth grade?

Jesus christ you guys make me laugh sometimes. :lol

I thought the dig that The Don took at you was funny, in a good-natured way.

As came out in the "Dontrell is sure to be traded" thread, you are an irritant to many of us here. Maybe you have some opinion worth adding, but as I said in that thread, "When many different people say that it's a waste of time arguing with you, it may be time to step back and think about it. Either we're ALL wrong, or you are wrong"

I posted this:

Seeing as he's 37 and in his third season of Major League ball, I'm going to go with "Not much of a stud, but having a decent season as a pinch hitter/defensive replacement"

This pretty much sums it up but I will add that he is pretty clutch as well. He has come through with some very timely hits in his short time with the Marlins.

Oh and I love to see him do well because El Penguino went on record saying that Jason Wood "sucks".

Then you posted this:

The immaturity of some of the posters on this forum negates any valid points they try to make in an argument. I have had no troubles with the true reputable posters on this forum (many of which have shared the same viewpoints as me on certain issues), only these man-children who have some obsession with me. Many of which contribute nothing of substance to analytical discussion of baseball and make it their business to stir up criticisms of board members. These classy individuals know who they are. For their sake, I hope their actions don't carry over into the professional world. I'm opinionated and am not afraid to go out on a limb for a cause I believe in (at the risk of being wrong...which is the case of my incorrect prediction that Dan Uggla would not be up to form this season, that Joe Borchard would be a capable starting player, and that Wes Helms would a huge loss. Despite the fact that I was far from alone on these viewpoints, members make single me out for these wrongs while ignoring the rights.

I am actually quite flattered that Don remembers my comments on Wood, which were not particularaly frequent. I beg of you...look these the posting history of these members and see what insight they have offered when not criticizing board members including myself. I don't know if they are suffering from real world troubles or if they are just genuinely unpleasant. I, for one, could not be happier. I'm in the graduate school of my dreams, pursuing the degree in the field of my dreams, and am surrounded by gifted, classy people. I come here to talk baseball even though this may not be the best arena for it. For every Ramp or T-Swift, there is a Don or a Shamrock, and that's unfortunate.

If this is all some crusade to get me to leave and stop posting...forget about it. I'm not stopping until I'm banned.

Mountain, meet molehill.

If I offended you or was out of line, I'm truly sorry. I can take consolation in the fact that I flattered you. :wub:

My intention was strictly a playful jab that was calling you out on one of your bold statements (and lets be frank, you are notorious for these bold statements).

I'll pretend you didn't say all those nasty, hurtful :crying things you said about me in your response post but I don't think Sham will be as forgiving.

Kiss and make up?

The immaturity of some of the posters on this forum negates any valid points they try to make in an argument. I have had no troubles with the true reputable posters on this forum (many of which have shared the same viewpoints as me on certain issues), only these man-children who have some obsession with me. Many of which contribute nothing of substance to analytical discussion of baseball and make it their business to stir up criticisms of board members. These classy individuals know who they are. For their sake, I hope their actions don't carry over into the professional world. I'm opinionated and am not afraid to go out on a limb for a cause I believe in (at the risk of being wrong...which is the case of my incorrect prediction that Dan Uggla would not be up to form this season, that Joe Borchard would be a capable starting player, and that Wes Helms would a huge loss. Despite the fact that I was far from alone on these viewpoints, members make single me out for these wrongs while ignoring the rights.

I am actually quite flattered that Don remembers my comments on Wood, which were not particularaly frequent. I beg of you...look these the posting history of these members and see what insight they have offered when not criticizing board members including myself. I don't know if they are suffering from real world troubles or if they are just genuinely unpleasant. I, for one, could not be happier. I'm in the graduate school of my dreams, pursuing the degree in the field of my dreams, and am surrounded by gifted, classy people. I come here to talk baseball even though this may not be the best arena for it. For every Ramp or T-Swift, there is a Don or a Shamrock, and that's unfortunate.

If this is all some crusade to get me to leave and stop posting...forget about it. I'm not stopping until I'm banned.

Can we all just get along? Can't we all just be the better man and not respond to comments about us? Can we use our minds and ignore? Good questions!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.