Apple brings Safari to Windows!

CapeFish

A reason to dump Firefox is that it can crash on you and delete your settings, bookmarks, etc. at the drop of a hat.

I used to like it but after the last crash a few months ago (for the 4th or 5th time) I'll never go back to it.

it happened a few times to me before. i had to re-find all of my stuff and i still haven't found all of them yet.

btw, i'm on safari on a mac. this was when i was using windows.

Firefox doesn't work with the Real Estate applications we use. We can only use Internet Explorer or Safari, which are both much more refined and well-supported browsers than Firefox.

I love using Safari on my ancient iBook, but having it on my Dell too is nice.

Firefox doesn't work with the Real Estate applications we use. We can only use Internet Explorer or Safari, which are both much more refined and well-supported browsers than Firefox.

I love using Safari on my ancient iBook, but having it on my Dell too is nice.

well that is true.

i hate having to use IE for searching MLS.

if i can search MLS through Safari I may just have to make the permanent switch.

well that is true.

i hate having to use IE for searching MLS.

if i can search MLS through Safari I may just have to make the permanent switch.

Our Board uses Rapattoni which I usually get to work on the old iBook with Safari. I am trying to load it on the Dell now with Safari. I'm not sure if you guys use Rapattoni or not.

Guest Night Phantom

That's a pretty random problem

Definitely not random and happens with some regularity by what I've read.

God forbid you'd have to shut down or restart while Firefox is open.I do it all the time, actually, but it always restores my session

I had my bookmarks deleted earlier this year (Firefox). I thought it was MY fault. Guess this is more common than I thought it was.

It crashes about 2 times a day. Sometimes I have to restart the comp. Usually its when I open .pdf files. Weird.

It's about time!! Now all they need to do is port Adium so I can use the best multi protocol IM client out there.

Amen to that. I'm sick of Trillian.

A reason to dump Firefox is that it can crash on you and delete your settings, bookmarks, etc. at the drop of a hat.

I used to like it but after the last crash a few months ago (for the 4th or 5th time) I'll never go back to it.

o wow. i thought it was just me who had that problem. but i must of had like 50 bookmarks and one day there all gone. then it happened for the second time and now i dont use it anymore. so now im dowloading the safari. i have been using explorer as of the moment

Can someone convince me to switch to this, from IE7. I already have tabbed browsing.

It took my friend months to convince me to switch browsers, but once i did, i was SO glad.

If you donwload safari for instance, and type in MB.com or the marlins webpage, anything...

just watch how much faster it is than on IE..

It made me think i was on a new computer. IE is just that slow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.