iPhone

rorod

Thanks for posting that.

It looks more and more appealing every day.

Im going to wait a year to get one for a couple of reasons:

I just got a new phone 3 months ago, the price will come down a little and a year will hopefully get the kinks worked out of it.

Switching phone companies and getting a $500 phone is not gonna happen. Right now I'd just settle for waiting a few more months to switch in my phone for a Razr for like $40 with all the rebates.

The iPhone does look really sweet but if I had money to burn I think I could put it to a better use.

I just got a new Razr last week also along with a Ipod Nano. I rather give it about a year or and see if the price goes down. i want to see reviews and scout it out a bit before making a decision on it.

$500 right now? thats a car payment + insurance for me.

If I had 500 sitting around with nothing to spend it on, I would go for this. In reality I am satisfied with my cell phone and my ipod. The only extra thing this iphone has is internet, but I dont need to be online every second of the day. Maybe in the future I will get it, but right now I am not interested in it.

Something tells me this is looking to be a bomb or at least not the smash hit Apple is used to the way everyone here talks.

Yeah, it'd be cool to have but I'll pay 300 for it and that's about as high as I go and that's not going to happen so eh.

Its what will be handling iPhone's data transfer (non-wi-fi internet).

Its outdated technology (read: very slow) and considering there are 3G/HSPUA phones on the marketplace; for such a 'revolutionary' device, its a huge blunder. The 300 lbs. gorilla in the room that Apple is hoping goes away because the cool features will outweigh the most useful one.

I think the iPhone has some ridiculously awesome features (its taken 2007 for someone to come up with visual voicemail) but I would not spend that type of money for just the phone plus sign over a couple of years for a contract for Version 1 of this high-end a device.

Look at the iPod and how far that came rather quickly - the same will be happening with this. Jobs has already said the phone will be 3G in the future.

I'd bet a lot of money the next iPod will be touch as well and have the coverflow view like the iPhone does except with 10-20x the capacity and being cheaper.

I simply cannot see the benefit of buying a $500 phone...

Heh, I'm right there with you.

Well $500 doesnt include swtiching plans and getting rid of your current phone and ipod. I think the iphone is cool, but not at $500. If AT&T offered it with their service and I could extend my plan and pay $200 I would consider it. There is just too many thing I rather do with $500.