Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

iPhone

Featured Replies

Anybody going to get one? The madness starts on June 29th at 6 in the pm.

 

I'm not because I really don't need one in college and I'll have a Macbook Pro, but it is still really awesome

 

Check out the guided tour. Apple thinks of everything. iPhone Tour.

Thanks for posting that.

 

It looks more and more appealing every day.

 

Im going to wait a year to get one for a couple of reasons:

 

I just got a new phone 3 months ago, the price will come down a little and a year will hopefully get the kinks worked out of it.

It looks sweet, but since I just got an 80 gb iPod, and I have like 45 gb of music and another 10 of movies, there's no reason to get this. Plus I don't use my phone nearly enough to justify that purchase.

It looks awesome. But at $500 I rather have a ps3 than an iphone, especially since my ipod is still going strong and I got a new razor (after my old one broke) about 2 months ago.

I can't believe its still using EDGE.

 

Why they released such a next-gen device using that outdated (poor) technology is amazing.

Switching phone companies and getting a $500 phone is not gonna happen. Right now I'd just settle for waiting a few more months to switch in my phone for a Razr for like $40 with all the rebates.

 

The iPhone does look really sweet but if I had money to burn I think I could put it to a better use.

I just got a new Razr last week also along with a Ipod Nano. I rather give it about a year or and see if the price goes down. i want to see reviews and scout it out a bit before making a decision on it.

 

$500 right now? thats a car payment + insurance for me.

If I had 500 sitting around with nothing to spend it on, I would go for this. In reality I am satisfied with my cell phone and my ipod. The only extra thing this iphone has is internet, but I dont need to be online every second of the day. Maybe in the future I will get it, but right now I am not interested in it.

Something tells me this is looking to be a bomb or at least not the smash hit Apple is used to the way everyone here talks.

 

Yeah, it'd be cool to have but I'll pay 300 for it and that's about as high as I go and that's not going to happen so eh.

I can't believe its still using EDGE.

 

Why they released such a next-gen device using that outdated (poor) technology is amazing.

Its what will be handling iPhone's data transfer (non-wi-fi internet).

 

Its outdated technology (read: very slow) and considering there are 3G/HSPUA phones on the marketplace; for such a 'revolutionary' device, its a huge blunder. The 300 lbs. gorilla in the room that Apple is hoping goes away because the cool features will outweigh the most useful one.

 

I think the iPhone has some ridiculously awesome features (its taken 2007 for someone to come up with visual voicemail) but I would not spend that type of money for just the phone plus sign over a couple of years for a contract for Version 1 of this high-end a device.

 

Look at the iPod and how far that came rather quickly - the same will be happening with this. Jobs has already said the phone will be 3G in the future.

 

I'd bet a lot of money the next iPod will be touch as well and have the coverflow view like the iPhone does except with 10-20x the capacity and being cheaper.

Ah ok....

 

You have to wonder how they (Jobs and Co) would make such a huge oversight.

 

Costs?

 

I'll be getting a 2nd gen IPhone

I simply cannot see the benefit of buying a $500 phone...

 

Heh, I'm right there with you.

I simply cannot see the benefit of buying a $500 phone...

 

Heh, I'm right there with you.

 

Well $500 doesnt include swtiching plans and getting rid of your current phone and ipod. I think the iphone is cool, but not at $500. If AT&T offered it with their service and I could extend my plan and pay $200 I would consider it. There is just too many thing I rather do with $500.

I have the best of both worlds. My blackberry is on the Nextel network so I can use cellular minutes & direct connect and yes, Das- I do get e-mail when I'm not at my computer.

 

I really like it.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.