Boone to DL; Linden called up

canada-marlin24

Well craig said that they are calling it an MCL sprain and i guess the sun-sentinel article saying that he was OK was wrong. could be 2-3 weeks and yet we get one back and lose one again

just watching espn and the bottom line said that the marlins placed aaron boone on the DL......damn i wish that jones deal would have been completed

I guess they feel that Wood can handle Boone's role just fine, but I would have liked to see Pascuzzi. But how many outfielders do we really need on our roster?

Oh, its lists Pazcuzzi a first baseman on the MiLB site. Whats OF poistions does he play? Isnt he an older one?

No, Pascuzzi isn't an outfielder, I was wondering why we brought up another one in Linden.

I guess they feel that Wood can handle Boone's role just fine, but I would have liked to see Pascuzzi. But how many outfielders do we really need on our roster?

Oh, its lists Pazcuzzi a first baseman on the MiLB site. Whats OF poistions does he play? Isnt he an older one?

No, Pascuzzi isn't an outfielder, I was wondering why we brought up another one in Linden.

He's a switch hitter. It will allow our OFers to move around a bit and give Amazega the opportunity to spell some of our IFers. That's what I would figure. Also, Jake is going to get more opportunities to flourish. He has been hitting around .315 vs lefties. But because Boone was doing so well he was going to be platooned. Now he will become an every day player.

Don't we need to make a 40-man roster move to bring up Linden? I thought we DFA'd him a few weeks back to get him off the 40-man roster. I count 41 players on the 40-man roster, including Linden and excluding anybody on the 60-day DL. If my count is right, I guess we could move Ross or Nolasco to the 60-day DL if we don't think they'll be back by July 6th or July 18th respectively.