Lineups.... Wed 27th

Hollyberry

Just a thought. Ala the American League, I'd almost like to see Amezaga batting ninth (moving Mitre up to eighth as it won't make a lick of difference in Olivo's at bats) so he has equivalent protection that has worked so well for him in the lead-off position and could give the top of the lineup someone on base to drive home.

Just a thought. Ala the American League, I'd almost like to see Amezaga batting ninth (moving Mitre up to eighth as it won't make a lick of difference in Olivo's at bats) so he has equivalent protection that has worked so well for him in the lead-off position and could give the top of the lineup someone on base to drive home.

I have always liked the idea of batting a hitter 9th instead of the pitcher in certain situations. It puts an extra guy on base for the big sticks- Hanley, Uggla, Cabs instead of being an automatic out and having those guys come up with 1 out and nobody on.

I think I'd rather have Olivo batting 9th though as he is the type of hitter who needs protection(ie-fastballs) more than an Amezaga.

A step in the right direction...I'd still much rather try this :

Hanley

Hermida

Miggy

Uggla

Jake

Hammer

Olivo

Fredo

Surge

Uggla is a free swinging straight fastball hitter. That's why he won't be moving from the 2 spot, ever.

I still think he'd see plenty of fastballs with the possibility one of Hanley/Hermida/Miggy on base in front of him, and still some pretty good hitters behind him in Jacobs and Hammer.