If we do Trade Wills??

AJxAcex34

The way were are playing and quickly falling out of the NL East and Wild Card it looks more and more like we will end up trading Dontrelle.

Also with Mark Buhrle looking like he will sign an extension, it makes Dontrelle the hottest pitcher out there (regardless of how he is pitching.) Most likley we can get big time prospects from teams. Which prospect package would you take?

I dont know much about minor league players and prospects and how good they are rated or how good they will be. Most of the infromation on top prospecs from other teams i get from this forum. I do know CF and C are the biggest holes here.

1) Mets ( Pelfrey/Milledge or Pelfrey/Gomez) It does not matter that the mets are in our division....best package

2) Braves ( Salty and other prospects**) dont know to much about braves farm/ they are looking for another starter behind smoltz and Hudson.

3) Red sox ( Jacob Ellsbury and other prospect**) with schilling hurt, they might need to get another pitcher. Specially with the way the tigers are playing. Also i dont think Boston as a starting Lefty.

4) Mariners ( Adam Jones and prospects**) they are making a strong push at the WC and might battle the Angels. They do need another starter. I dont think you want weaver starting every 5th day.

Thses are the four teams i can come up with and the players that you guys have mentioned as being top prospects. Once again i dont know prospects that much. I only know Salty from seeing Braves games. If there are more teams and players feel free to put it out there. But my question is, if we do trade Willis, which package do you like and are any of these a possibility?

I personally would take Salty :thumbup ( i think its easier to find CF then a franchise C)

Guest Guest

Id like to add a 5)Cardinals(Colby Rasmus and Bryan Anderson).

The only two players in their system I wish were in ours. Still kind of pissed we didnt take Colby 2 years ago...although, if we had, we wouldnt have VolSTUD or Aaron Thompson.

I would take Adam Jones straight up. He is my favorite CF prospect right now. I think Upton(Justin, not BJ) might become better, but he won't be able to help in 08 like Jones would.

I like the Mets package but would be a little hesitant about the Braves. I am not 100% sold on Salty, I don't think he is a catcher long term.

I would love it if Ned Colletti became desperate and decided he needed a Dontrelle Willis to replace Schmidt. A package of Matt Kemp and one of their arms-Kershaw, Billingsley, etc...would be nice.

I would like to see the Diamondbacks enter the Dtrain race too. Doubt the Red Sox have a need for Dontrelle and they wouldn't give up Ellsbury.

Im not in panic mode, just not much else to talk about.

You wouldnt take Rasmus and Anderson for The Train, Godfather?

I probably would, I like Rasmus but I am not sold on Anderson being a starting catcher. I think I'd rather have Chris Perez a RHP from Miami who is dominating the minors as a closer.

Guest Guest

Perez is good. Probably their closer next year(or setup man)...either way, IMO, Perez and Wainwright will be their 8th or 9th inning guys.

I would take Adam Jones straight up. He is my favorite CF prospect right now. I think Upton(Justin, not BJ) might become better, but he won't be able to help in 08 like Jones would.

I like the Mets package but would be a little hesitant about the Braves. I am not 100% sold on Salty, I don't think he is a catcher long term.

I would love it if Ned Colletti became desperate and decided he needed a Dontrelle Willis to replace Schmidt. A package of Matt Kemp and one of their arms-Kershaw, Billingsley, etc...would be nice.

I would like to see the Diamondbacks enter the Dtrain race too. Doubt the Red Sox have a need for Dontrelle and they wouldn't give up Ellsbury.

I would love the Dodgers option or one resembling it.

Clement and Jones are both putting up almost 900+ OPS in the minors I dont know if that ship might of sailed already sadly.

But I would take either of them with morrow back for Willis (Clement and Morrow or Jones and Morrow). Else a Gregg + Willis for Jones +Clement deal would suit me fine.

Seattle is the team we match up with Best.

I would like to see some deal involving Seattle.

Adam Jones and Jeff Clement would certainly strengthen our two weakest positions organizationally. Clement has been stuck in AAA since the Mariners went out and paid for Kenji Johjima. He has been rated one of the top three catching prospects every year for the past 2-3 seasons.

Clement and Jones are both putting up almost 900+ OPS in the minors I dont know if that ship might of sailed already sadly.

Thankfully for us Seattle's GM is somewhat of an idiot when it comes to making trades.

agreed completely, I guess our only hope is seattle keeps around and sucks with Starting Pitching and Dtrain starts to pitch better (then half of the people saying trade him will say no dont of course because he will start to show value again).

Still, I dont think even Seattle's GM is dumb enough to move Jones without Ichiro getting inked to an extension (although there is a lot of others in FA this year that could come in for CF for them).