Enough is enough... Fish need to cut the crap already.

KingFishSupreme

:mad The defense is RIDICULOUS. Even when they aren't making errors, they are not making plays that major league baseball players are supposed to make. It is inexcusable that these people are out there every day playing this game and this is the best they can show us. Maybe playing for a team with such instability and uncertainty in regard to its future affects their play on the field. I know it affects the fanbase... But still, they are paid A LOT of money (even the the league minimum is A LOT of money to most of us) to play, and they just seem to go out there, show up, and collect a paycheck. Tonight was the first time in 11 years that I have left a game early out of pure disgust and resentment. This is a tough team to watch, and when we have our next firesale, what will be left? The ownership bitches about the attendance, but how can they expect anyone to show up when the product on the field routinely goes out and plays like crap. I am not talking about losses- even the best team will lose about 60 games a year. I'm talking about games that we conced victory to the other team by simply being stupid, lazy, or both. Without stability in the organization, the only way to attract people to that orange nightmare of a pisshole is to put a quality team on the field. NONE of them can field worth a damn, and the 5-9 hitters are automatic outs. If the scoring isn't done at the very top of the order- there is virtually no chance of scoring. Also, Jeremy Hermida just plain sucks, and hot dogs cost too damn much... And this figurine they gave away tonight looks more like Jason Wood if he were to fall asleep in a tanning booth for an hour than it does Miguel Cabrera. And change that stupid airboat race already! New sound effects would be nice also. Can't wait to hear Joan Jett play "I love Rock n Roll" for 30 minutes tomorrow night. I still have my fingers crossed that they can somehow manage to get Flock of Seagulls or Tears for Fears to show up one Saturday. Dan Uggla is the worst actor ever. I would hate to see the takes of that commercial of him harrassing the lady and her kid while they are grocery shopping that didn't make the final cut.

It would be nigh impossible to speak euphemistically in regard to the Florida Marlins at the present time.... :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Outside of Cabrera, Uggla, and Ramirez, these eyes have not seen baseball bums such as these 'round these parts for, oh, say 'bout 9 years.

Great post. Yea I left the game early, it was so bad it was almost comedy. Fredi Gonzalez did a terrible job also tonight. Obremuller throws 40 pitches in one inning gets rocked and the pitcher spot leads off the next inning. Fredi leaves him in there to hit gets out and ends up getting pulled in the next inning anyways. Real smooth Fredi. You know its bad when the best pitching performance today was by Pinto. And to countinue on to your rant, Scott Olsen can not act either and was one of the stupidest things Ive witnessed regarding "Professor Olsen". Defense was horrific today. I swear send Carrol down, what has he done? Nothing, he swings and misses on every single pitch it seems like. He also played great Defense today and shows where he belongs, in the minors. Jacobs missed two groundballs right under his glove, which were hit hard but come on jake. Cabrera made a little league play by trying to get the runner out at second which let Francouer score. It just seems pathetic, embarrasing, never seen a worse pitched, managed, offensive, defensive game.

Great post. Yea I left the game early, it was so bad it was almost comedy. Fredi Sanchez did a terrible job also tonight. Obremuller throws 40 pitches in one inning gets rocked and the pitcher spot leads off the next inning. Fredi leaves him in there to hit gets out and ends up getting pulled in the next inning anyways. Real smooth Fredi. You know its bad when the best pitching performance today was by Pinto. And to countinue on to your rant, Scott Olsen can not act either and was one of the stupidest things Ive witnessed regarding "Professor Olsen". Defense was horrific today. I swear send Carrol down, what has he done? Nothing, he swings and misses on every single pitch it seems like. He also played great Defense today and shows where he belongs, in the minors. Jacobs missed two groundballs right under his glove, which were hit hard but come on jake. Cabrera made a little league play by trying to get the runner out at second which let Francouer score. It just seems pathetic, embarrasing, never seen a worse pitched, managed, offensive, defensive game.

I think Jason Wood has something to say about that :lol

Seriously though, there is no overnight fix to this, we have a good bullpen and solid core of a lineup, 08 and 09 present a great opportunity for us if we can wait out the bumps in the road...

Guest FishFanInPA

Great post. Yea I left the game early, it was so bad it was almost comedy. Fredi Sanchez did a terrible job also tonight. Obremuller throws 40 pitches in one inning gets rocked and the pitcher spot leads off the next inning. Fredi leaves him in there to hit gets out and ends up getting pulled in the next inning anyways. Real smooth Fredi. You know its bad when the best pitching performance today was by Pinto. And to countinue on to your rant, Scott Olsen can not act either and was one of the stupidest things Ive witnessed regarding "Professor Olsen". Defense was horrific today. I swear send Carrol down, what has he done? Nothing, he swings and misses on every single pitch it seems like. He also played great Defense today and shows where he belongs, in the minors. Jacobs missed two groundballs right under his glove, which were hit hard but come on jake. Cabrera made a little league play by trying to get the runner out at second which let Francouer score. It just seems pathetic, embarrasing, never seen a worse pitched, managed, offensive, defensive game.

:blink: :blink:

Seriously though, there is no overnight fix to this, we have a good bullpen and solid core of a lineup, 08 and 09 present a great opportunity for us if we can wait out the bumps in the road...

We hope because if these guys don't improve dramatically we could be in for YEARS of horrible teams. If they don't pan out who do we trade for future prospects ? And clearly that is what Beinfest does best...because so far much of his drafts have been so-so at best, and pittiful at worst.

Frace it folks, this year is going downhill and yes its just about time to raise that white flag I asked about the other day. :banghead

I was at the game tonight, it was a lonnnnnnggggg night lol. Fixed it.

We hope because if these guys don't improve dramatically we could be in for YEARS of horrible teams. If they don't pan out who do we trade for future prospects ? And clearly that is what Beinfest does best...because so far much of his drafts have been so-so at best, and pittiful at worst.

Frace it folks, this year is going downhill and yes its just about time to raise that white flag I asked about the other day. :banghead

I'm starting to think that the Marlins aren't much better than the Nationals.....and that's sad.

Cabrera made a little league play by trying to get the runner out at second which let Francouer score. It just seems pathetic, embarrasing, never seen a worse pitched, managed, offensive, defensive game.

That's because he's not an infielder. By 2010, he'll be DHing in the American League.

And while we're on the subject of defense, Matt Treanor should not be sitting on the bench for Olivo anymore.

Well, you left early so it wasnt tooooooo looooooooong. I didnt leave and at least I got to see Wood pitch.

This team is just sad to watch on tv and especially live. They don't deserve anyone out there until they start winning. It makes me afraid to go on a 1-3 game winning streak because a 4-5 game loosing streak will follow. It pisses me off that a team with so much talent can suck this bad.

Did Michelob, Budweiser or Hauteuy fix that ? :D

Yeah, maybe if it didn't cost $7 for one beer.

I was at the game last night and I agree with pretty much everything you said, KingFishSupreme. The Cabrera Figurine is pretty cool though, that was the only thing worthwhile about the game.

This team is just sad to watch on tv and especially live. They don't deserve anyone out there until they start winning. It makes me afraid to go on a 1-3 game winning streak because a 4-5 game loosing streak will follow. It pisses me off that a team with so much talent can suck this bad.

Honestly, there's not that much talent.

Hanley, Cabrera, Uggla...that's it. Willingham's a real good player, but nothing epic and the type of corner outfielder 15-20 teams have at least one of...ditto Jacobs, although I think he's more subpar defensively than anyone realizes...at least at fielding his position.

The pitching staff, if there was any doubt before, definitely is bereft of a true ace, and Anibal is likely our best pitcher, but lord knows what he'll be like next year.

To me, I'm more amazed that this team did as well as it did last season, especially when you consider how bad the bullpen was, than anything else.

I think an average centerfielder and an above average catcher makes us a division contendor, but that's only because the division is really bad, and it's long term prospects look much worse.

Yeah, maybe if it didn't cost $7 for one beer.

Oh I was thinking afterwards at your local hangout or at home. I refuse to pay for anything at the inflated prices at Dolphin Stadium. Screw giving all that money to Wayne Huizenga, he gets enough during football season from me already :lol