January 16, 200818 yr Hmm PG-13 for this type of film.That means it must suck :whistle Suspense and thrill does not require gore and nudity.
January 16, 200818 yr Author Hmm PG-13 for this type of film.That means it must suck :whistle Suspense and thrill does not require gore and nudity. Thank you. Remember Poltergeist? That was a PG film.
January 18, 200818 yr I think the premise was seductive, and the overall filming style was intimate...but the movie missed its mark. I thought it carried well throughout and the acting was genuine for the most part. They definitely forced some dialog and the 'camera work' was not subtly maneuvered like I would have hoped from a movie trying to be realistic. I had a good idea of what to expect, and I got what I wanted for the most part. Unfortunately, the film did little to impress its originality upon me. It felt like Godzilla meets Blair Witch. I enjoyed it, but I'm just one of those viewers who can find entertainment in anything that has nice special effects and a good bit of action/suspense.
January 18, 200818 yr After sleeping on it, my impression of the film is a little more compromising. For the type of effects the direction was looking for, it did a nice job. It's one of those flicks you leave the theater disappointed, but come to respect its overall performance only after some deliberation. For me, at least.
January 18, 200818 yr How much screen time did Grunberg have in it? I don't even remember seeing him.
January 18, 200818 yr I thought that this was better than I Am Legend. It was an interesting idea, and I thought was pretty well done overall. It leaves you with about as much information as the characters in the film have, which helps to keep the mystery.
January 18, 200818 yr ugh, I don't think I could sit through 2 hours of camcorder. It's not that long. Less than an hour & 1/2, I think.
January 19, 200818 yr Author ugh, I don't think I could sit through 2 hours of camcorder. It's actually only 74 minutes long. I hear the credits scroll extremely slow; lengthing the movie another 12 minutes.
January 19, 200818 yr Do they show the "monster"? Yeah. Look it up on YouTube while you still can. thanks for the headsup. I watched and I can't tell if they are serious or fake. I guess this will draw me in to see the movie. :banghead
January 19, 200818 yr Do they show the "monster"? Yeah. Look it up on YouTube while you still can. thanks for the headsup. I watched and I can't tell if they are serious or fake. I guess this will draw me in to see the movie. :banghead http://www.dailymotion.com/related/6853786...-new_shortfilms I'll save you $8
January 19, 200818 yr Do they show the "monster"? Yeah. Look it up on YouTube while you still can. thanks for the headsup. I watched and I can't tell if they are serious or fake. I guess this will draw me in to see the movie. :banghead http://www.dailymotion.com/related/6853786...-new_shortfilms I'll save you $8 thanks for the link. Doesn't looks that exciting it sort of gave me a headache.
January 21, 200818 yr See it in a good theater with a good sound system. This isn't the kind of movie you watch on your laptop. You need to feel the base shaking your bones to truly appreciate this movie. It was actually pretty fun and kept me entertained throughout. I don't know how it will hold up to further viewings but the 1st one was worth it.
January 21, 200818 yr My pops just informed me that TJ Miller is in this movie. I played baseball with this kid for 5-6 years in middle school and high school. Strange
January 26, 200818 yr I applaud the desire to make a more intimate film, but the execution was deplorable. It's like we have polar opposite views on movies. Weird.
January 27, 200818 yr You just need to expose yourself to more different types of films and you'll come around. :thumbup How many times have YOU been to Sundance? How many times have YOU been to Tribecca? How many times have YOU been to the MFF? kthanks. :thumbup
January 27, 200818 yr If you feel it proper to use a Josh Whedon film... Have you seen Serenity yet? Actually, you know what? Don't bother. I really liked it so I'm sure you would hate it. That said, just watch the opening sequence... Even if you pay no attention to any of the dialogue or music or anything else, just watch the take. At the very least, you will appreciate the execution.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.