Cloverfield

EndLine

I think the premise was seductive, and the overall filming style was intimate...but the movie missed its mark.

I thought it carried well throughout and the acting was genuine for the most part. They definitely forced some dialog and the 'camera work' was not subtly maneuvered like I would have hoped from a movie trying to be realistic.

I had a good idea of what to expect, and I got what I wanted for the most part. Unfortunately, the film did little to impress its originality upon me. It felt like Godzilla meets Blair Witch. I enjoyed it, but I'm just one of those viewers who can find entertainment in anything that has nice special effects and a good bit of action/suspense.

After sleeping on it, my impression of the film is a little more compromising. For the type of effects the direction was looking for, it did a nice job. It's one of those flicks you leave the theater disappointed, but come to respect its overall performance only after some deliberation. For me, at least.

Do they show the "monster"?

Yeah. Look it up on YouTube while you still can.

thanks for the headsup. I watched and I can't tell if they are serious or fake. I guess this will draw me in to see the movie. :banghead

http://www.dailymotion.com/related/6853786...-new_shortfilms

I'll save you $8

thanks for the link. Doesn't looks that exciting it sort of gave me a headache.

See it in a good theater with a good sound system. This isn't the kind of movie you watch on your laptop. You need to feel the base shaking your bones to truly appreciate this movie. It was actually pretty fun and kept me entertained throughout. I don't know how it will hold up to further viewings but the 1st one was worth it.

If you feel it proper to use a Josh Whedon film...

Have you seen Serenity yet? Actually, you know what? Don't bother. I really liked it so I'm sure you would hate it. That said, just watch the opening sequence... Even if you pay no attention to any of the dialogue or music or anything else, just watch the take. At the very least, you will appreciate the execution.