Official 07-08 College Football Thread....

Guest FishFanInPA

Guest FishFanInPA

I'm sorry to do this so early but i've got my Phil Steele magazine (the only one you need for the season) and i'm goin nuts....Michigan could have a great season except for Lloyd Carr....Temple's gettin at least 3 wins and Syracuse.....well....it's bad when a 1 win team is still rebuilding....

Post your thoughts and feelings as we approach the season.

PS....Colt Brennan for Heisman!

It isn't too early.....I have already caught the College Football bug as well. I can't wait until Florida State takes the field against Clemson on Labor Day! I'm really excited about this season for FSU and I know many fans out there are just as excited for their teams.

One thing....it will suck to be the Big Ten this year with the mess coming that is the Big Ten Network.

GO ACC!

Guest FishFanInPA

Best bet of the early season:

Va Tech -23 vs. ECU

I would not want to be the Pirates.....Tech may name their own score in this game if Glennon doesn't throw 4 picks.

Guest FishFanInPA

Va Tech -23 vs. ECU

I would not want to be the Pirates.....Tech may name their own score in this game if Glennon doesn't throw 4 picks.

That game is in Charlotte right?

oh no no....That will be in Blacksburg....1st time the campus gets together....oh boy, i'd be there in a heartbeat....

Va Tech -23 vs. ECU

That game is in Charlotte right?

oh no no....That will be in Blacksburg....1st time the campus gets together....oh boy, i'd be there in a heartbeat....

Oh wow, I noticed in your sig a mention of Alex Derenthal, I went to high school with that guy. I knew he was going to Temple to play football but I didn't know he made it this big.

Thanks PA, I've been looking for a place to put random NIU stuff. First of all, see my sig. 2nd, Iowa will like this as well.

DeKALB, Ill. - The "Soldier Field Showdown" is sold out. The football game between Northern Illinois and Iowa to be played at the historic Chicago stadium Sept. 1 at 2:30 p.m. is officially a sell-out, according to officials from both schools. The game will mark the largest home crowd in NIU football history.

NIU began selling tickets to the game, the first Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) game scheduled for the facility since its renovation in 2003, on Feb. 8 and tickets were made available via Ticketmaster on June 21. Soldier Field seats 61,500 people and as of Monday, no tickets remain on either Ticketmaster or through the NIU and Iowa ticket offices.

"This is a historic occasion for Northern Illinois University and for the Huskie football program," said NIU Associate Vice President/Director of Athletics Jim Phillips. "When discussions about the opportunity for Northern Illinois and Iowa to play at Soldier Field began, this is the kind of response both schools envisioned. Chicago is a great sports town and the response of NIU fans, Iowa fans and college football fans in the city has been overwhelming. We're looking forward to a beautiful Labor Day Weekend in Chicago and a tremendous game at Soldier Field on Sept. 1."

The contest marks the first appearance for both Iowa and Northern Illinois at the Chicago lakefront site. It will be televised by ESPNU.

Last year, Iowa defeated NIU, 24-14, in Iowa City in a game that was not decided until the fourth quarter. The Huskies are coming off a 7-6 season which culminated in NIU's second bowl appearance in the last three years, at the 2006 San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl.

Tickets were sold for $55.50 for seats on the 100 and 200 levels as well as sideline 300-level seats, and $44.40 for remaining 300-level seats and 400-level sideline locations. In addition, student tickets were made available to Northern Illinois students for $27.75 each.

Northern Illinois' last official sell out came during the 2004 season at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb when the homecoming contest versus Southern Illinois drew 28,071 fans. In 2003, games versus Maryland, Iowa State and Western Michigan were sold out with the record crowd of 28,221 set versus Western Michigan on Oct. 18.

Season tickets to the Huskies' five home games in DeKalb are on sale through the Huskie Athletics Ticket Office. Season tickets are just $95 for games versus Southern Illinois (Sept. 8), Eastern Michigan (Sept. 15), Western Michigan (Oct. 20), Kent State (Nov. 10) and Ball State (Nov. 24). Single game tickets for these contests go on sale at the NIU Athletics Ticket Office and through Ticketmaster beginning Saturday, July 14.

-- NIU --

http://niuhuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl.../070907aaa.html

Gators at home vs Western Kentucky and Troy the first two weeks of the season... I can't wait :)

Those are hardly going to be good games at all (even though Troy nearly beat FSU last year :mischeif ). Tennessee/Auburn are the games I'm looking forward to going to.

I am most certainly going to be on the Colt Brennan for Heisman bandwagon this year.

Your sig owns by the way. :thumbup

Already looking forward to Carolina's first road game of the year at ECU...getting trashed in Greenville is always fun. Also looking forward to Davis Bowl I, aka Miami at UNC.

But the biggest game I'll be at is The U at FSU. What makes this even more awesome is that its on our fall break so Ill be able to spend a few extra days in Tally partying and getting pumped for the big game. Cant f***ing wait.

I was looking online for some USC tickets earlier. When my wife was a student we used to get tickets on about the 35-45 yardline, maybe 5 rows up for $20 each. Similar tickets on the other side of the field (non-student section) are going for as much as $12,500 each right now. Talk about ridiculous! :blink:

I can't believe that FSU's AD agreed to open the season at Clemson on Labor Day. Does he not realize that Clemson is one of the hardest places to play in the country?!?! I'm gonna be pissed if the Noles lose the first game of the season because our AD is an idiot.

$ is your answer

Plus you have to play clemson anyway. So it doesnt matter if its the first or last game.

Thanks PA, I've been looking for a place to put random NIU stuff. First of all, see my sig. 2nd, Iowa will like this as well.

DeKALB, Ill. - The "Soldier Field Showdown" is sold out. The football game between Northern Illinois and Iowa to be played at the historic Chicago stadium Sept. 1 at 2:30 p.m. is officially a sell-out, according to officials from both schools. The game will mark the largest home crowd in NIU football history.

NIU began selling tickets to the game, the first Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) game scheduled for the facility since its renovation in 2003, on Feb. 8 and tickets were made available via Ticketmaster on June 21. Soldier Field seats 61,500 people and as of Monday, no tickets remain on either Ticketmaster or through the NIU and Iowa ticket offices.

"This is a historic occasion for Northern Illinois University and for the Huskie football program," said NIU Associate Vice President/Director of Athletics Jim Phillips. "When discussions about the opportunity for Northern Illinois and Iowa to play at Soldier Field began, this is the kind of response both schools envisioned. Chicago is a great sports town and the response of NIU fans, Iowa fans and college football fans in the city has been overwhelming. We're looking forward to a beautiful Labor Day Weekend in Chicago and a tremendous game at Soldier Field on Sept. 1."

The contest marks the first appearance for both Iowa and Northern Illinois at the Chicago lakefront site. It will be televised by ESPNU.

Last year, Iowa defeated NIU, 24-14, in Iowa City in a game that was not decided until the fourth quarter. The Huskies are coming off a 7-6 season which culminated in NIU's second bowl appearance in the last three years, at the 2006 San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl.

Tickets were sold for $55.50 for seats on the 100 and 200 levels as well as sideline 300-level seats, and $44.40 for remaining 300-level seats and 400-level sideline locations. In addition, student tickets were made available to Northern Illinois students for $27.75 each.

Northern Illinois' last official sell out came during the 2004 season at Huskie Stadium in DeKalb when the homecoming contest versus Southern Illinois drew 28,071 fans. In 2003, games versus Maryland, Iowa State and Western Michigan were sold out with the record crowd of 28,221 set versus Western Michigan on Oct. 18.

Season tickets to the Huskies' five home games in DeKalb are on sale through the Huskie Athletics Ticket Office. Season tickets are just $95 for games versus Southern Illinois (Sept. 8), Eastern Michigan (Sept. 15), Western Michigan (Oct. 20), Kent State (Nov. 10) and Ball State (Nov. 24). Single game tickets for these contests go on sale at the NIU Athletics Ticket Office and through Ticketmaster beginning Saturday, July 14.

-- NIU --

http://niuhuskies.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl.../070907aaa.html

Thats going to be nuts. A very large percentage (like 50%) of iowa students come from the chicago area so Iowa playing in Soldier will be crazy. Gonna be a lot of hawk fans in soldier (iowa playing in soldier, basically my wet dream)

Thursday is the Bears last preseason game. Friday is "Hawkeye Day" at Wrigley and Saturday is the NIU game. Gonna be a blast. I'll be up there for sure .Gonna be a sh*t ton of Gold in chicago that weekend. Amazing it will count as an away game... I've heard that a lot of hawk fans got their tickets through NIU

Can't wait for the season. This offense is going to be fun to watch.

I can't believe that FSU's AD agreed to open the season at Clemson on Labor Day. Does he not realize that Clemson is one of the hardest places to play in the country?!?! I'm gonna be pissed if the Noles lose the first game of the season because our AD is an idiot.

$ is your answer

Plus you have to play clemson anyway. So it doesnt matter if its the first or last game.

yes it does

see: um-fsu games the past few years

anyway, if the canes can win 9 games this year i'll be thrilled