Cards @ Fish; 7:05 from the Pro

I thought we had a chance.. until this just came out..

Kip Wells Starting?

Arrived at the ballpark (read: football stadium) here to see an unexpected name batting ninth and pitching for the Cardinals this evening:

RHP Kip Wells.

For those of you who remember the New York Mets typo a few weeks back -- Anthony Reyes was written in a day early and that turned out to be a mistake -- you'll understand why we want to get this confirmed. But the lineup is out and it looks like Wells is make a start, a day early

The lineup:

1. Kennedy, 2B

2. Schumaker, CF

3. Pujols, 1B

4. Duncan, LF

5. Rolen, 3B

6. Encarnacion, RF

7. Molina, C

8. Miles, SS

9. Wells, RHP

[Link]

What happened with Hermida?

(Can't watch the game until 8...)

Fell in front of him and he tried blocking it (which he did) just bounced off his body and he couldn't find the ball, allowing the runners to advance. RVH struck pitcher out 0-0

Fell in front of him and he tried blocking it (which he did) just bounced off his body and he couldn't find the ball, allowing the runners to advance. RVH struck pitcher out 0-0

Doesn't sound like it was too bad. Something he couldn't really have controlled, maybe?

I don't get these fielding errors. He's been great at the plate the last few weeks, but the fielding is still not there. I just don't get it. I don't think it's as big of a deal as some are making it out to be, but it'd be nice if he didn't have these little mental errors...

Doesn't sound like it was too bad. Something he couldn't really have controlled, maybe?

I don't get these fielding errors. He's been great at the plate the last few weeks, but the fielding is still not there. I just don't get it. I don't think it's as big of a deal as some are making it out to be, but it'd be nice if he didn't have these little mental errors...

Yea it was one of those inbetween balls, where you think about diving. It would have been a tough ball to dive at, and if gets behind him the run scores. So he made the right decision, but the ball took a funny bounce and he had no clue where it went after it hit his body.