If not Scotty, then who?

A lot of people seem to want Olsen suspended for at least a few games, and even Fredi said he wasn't sure he would make his next start. Since a good number of the people on here know more about the organization than I do, and a good number think they know more than everyone else does, I pose this question:

Who do you think would start for Scott Olsen if he is suspended for his start?

A lot of people seem to want Olsen suspended for at least a few games, and even Fredi said he wasn't sure he would make his next start. Since a good number of the people on here know more about the organization than I do, and a good number think they know more than everyone else does, I pose this question:

Who do you think would start for Scott Olsen if he is suspended for his start?

There really isn't anyone to call up.

I guess Gaby Hernandez would be considered our most MLB ready prospect in the minors. Daniel Barone might earn himself a spot next year seeing as how he's 5-0 right now. I really don't have a good scoop on him but Ross Wolf is putting up some good numbers this year, as well.

I don't think Barone is as good as his record induces, but maybe for a short stint he could adequeatly fill in for the rotation. You never really know until they get there.

Nearly every rotation guy at Alb. is just organization filler with 5 + ERAs, so Barone might end up being the only option.

I don't think Barone is as good as his record induces, but maybe for a short stint he could adequeatly fill in for the rotation. You never really know until they get there.

Nearly every rotation guy at Alb. is just organization filler with 5 + ERAs, so Barone might end up being the only option.

From a perspective such as this, I hate Isotopes Park.

From a perspective such as this, I hate Isotopes Park.

Yeah, you can attribute some of that disappointment to Isotopes Park, but a lot of these guys have never been that solid, and are lengthening their careers on 1 or 2 standout seasons in A+ or AA ball.

Fulchino has always been pretty solid, and I think Kenny Baugh still has a career ahead of him. He's 28 years old, but a former 1st round pick and has always put up good numbers before he got hurt. He is starting to come back now, he might also be worth a short run nod.

Josh Johnson's rehab start was on the same day Olsen last pitched.

Just something to think about.

And for the record, I don't think Olsen should be reprimanded by the team, Dontrelle wasn't, and the Marlins have done a fine job disciplining problems that occur in the clubhouse, outside, I don't think it should be their business.

And for the record, I don't think Olsen should be reprimanded by the team, Dontrelle wasn't, and the Marlins have done a fine job disciplining problems that occur in the clubhouse, outside, I don't think it should be their business.

Agreed. If you don't take action on Willis, you can't do it to Olsen.

For the record, Dontrelle doesn't fight with his teammates on a monthly basis and flip fans off on his way back to the dugout. And he wasn't arrested during the season. And he didn't flee and resist arrest.

The guy is becoming a liability. He needs a wakeup call.

Agreed. If you don't take action on Willis, you can't do it to Olsen.

Yes, you can and they will. Don't remember D train resisting arrest, failing to stop when instructed and being tazered. Oh, maybe the tuff guy image is cool, but Scotty as a tough guy comes up lame for a six foot 5 inch athlete. He has lost every fight and one day will not have teammates step in between him and his mouth. He will be in the wrong place with the wrong person.

On the subject of Mildren, the control problems he has had this season are a new thing for him, he had 150 strikeouts last year to 54 walks. He had an absolutely diabolical month of June with the Topes but is starting to recover somewhat in July. As a 23 year old in AAA he still has some time, and with his good circle change he has the chance to be a lot more than just a loogy.

Absolutely though in terms of this thread, Mildren shouldnt be called up this year, while he works through his issues. I would also like to see Hernandez get some more time too, but then I thought Anibal Sanchez shouldnt have been called up last year, and he went and threw a no hitter, so what do I know :)

I'd go for Barone whenever we need a pitcher next, on the basis thats its always best to bring a player up for their debut when they are currently playing at their best, even if Barone's ceiling is lower than other prospects like Gaby H.