Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins to Air on ESPN this weekend

Featured Replies

lol @ downplaying Bonds breaking the most hallowed record in sports and then saying that Andre Dawson should be in the Hall of Fame.

 

Also, those statistics you just brought up were the definition of misleading and useless.

Awesome, i'm going to get to watch my first Marlins game of the year this weekend. Thank you Barry for making these games be on national TV.

I want the Incredible Hurk to nail him right in the back of the nuck, and knock Barry out for the year, and then he retires, so he doesn't break the record :)

I thought it was Friday and Saturday's games that were added? Sunday is a day game.

 

Meanwhile, ESPN added the Giants' home games Friday and Saturday against the Florida Marlins to the network's schedule. ESPN also will provide live cut-ins or short turnaround highlights of Bonds' at-bats during all Major League Baseball programming.

 

Friday: FSN Florida, FSN Bay Area, & ESPN

Saturday: FSN Florida, KTVU, & ESPN

Sunday" Sun Sports & FSN Bay Area

 

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/20...766636144_x.htm

Cape, will ESPN be blacked out for those of us who can watch on FSN Florida?

lol @ downplaying Bonds breaking the most hallowed record in sports and then saying that Andre Dawson should be in the Hall of Fame.

 

Also, those statistics you just brought up were the definition of misleading and useless.

 

Yea, I figured that would raise something from someone. I'm a Hawk fan. Guilty as charged. And I'm not to big a fan on Bonds breaking the record. Anti-Bonds. Guilty as charged. Tho apparently not as bad as some. I also love going to the HOF. Never been there for this type weekend even tho I do have a better opportunity to do so than alot of fans (folks live just a couple hours north of it). Kick myself in the Steinbrenner every year at this time.

Also, I know those stats are the definition of misleading and useless. That's why I put them up there. Either you are catching onto my sense of humor, or that was a dig. Either way I'm fine with it.

Normal blackout rules apply on ESPN, so watch FSN Florida if you are in South Florida. The rest of Florida should get both broadcasts.

I want the Incredible Hurk to nail him right in the back of the nuck, and knock Barry out for the year, and then he retires, so he doesn't break the record :)

 

Stay classy.

I dont want him to break the record but I dont want him to be hurt either.

 

That said, with all the hormones...human and animal alike... and other crap that he has pumped into his system for the better part of a decade to even get within 100 of this record, his body could just implode. Kind of like a supernova of swirling cow testosterone.

Normal blackout rules apply on ESPN, so watch FSN Florida if you are in South Florida. The rest of Florida should get both broadcasts.

Thought so. Thanks. :thumbup

Normal blackout rules apply on ESPN, so watch FSN Florida if you are in South Florida. The rest of Florida should get both broadcasts.

Really? the previous seasons the Marlins games were shown on ESPN in South Florida.

Marlin's on deck just not starting early today, it's on now.

 

And for ESPN I'm getting the ESPNNews thing which they show during a blackout....so, looks like it's blacked out in FL.

The game is blacked out in all Florida on ESPN. My error before.

 

FSN Florida has exclusive rights in all of Florida and Southern Alabama.

FSN Bay Area has the same exclusive rights in all of the Giant's territory.

ESPN (& ESPNHD) has the game everywhere else.

So does that mean that, if ESPN picks up the Sunday game, we would still be blacked out on ESPN even though we're blacked out on FSN?

So does that mean that, if ESPN picks up the Sunday game, we would still be blacked out on ESPN even though we're blacked out on FSN?

If ESPN picks up the Sunday Game as part of Sunday Night Baseball, then no other broadcaster would have the game and everyone coast-to-coast will watch it on ESPN/ESPNHD.

 

If ESPN picks up the Sunday Games as a special Sunday Afternoon telecast, then the same rules as tonight apply in Florida and San Francisco territories.

So does that mean that, if ESPN picks up the Sunday game, we would still be blacked out on ESPN even though we're blacked out on FSN?

If ESPN picks up the Sunday Game as part of Sunday Night Baseball, then no other broadcaster would have the game and everyone coast-to-coast will watch it on ESPN/ESPNHD.

 

If ESPN picks up the Sunday Games as a special Sunday Afternoon telecast, then the same rules as tonight apply in Florida and San Francisco territories.

When was the last time we got a national game? I cant remember

So does that mean that, if ESPN picks up the Sunday game, we would still be blacked out on ESPN even though we're blacked out on FSN?

If ESPN picks up the Sunday Game as part of Sunday Night Baseball, then no other broadcaster would have the game and everyone coast-to-coast will watch it on ESPN/ESPNHD.

 

If ESPN picks up the Sunday Games as a special Sunday Afternoon telecast, then the same rules as tonight apply in Florida and San Francisco territories.

When was the last time we got a national game? I cant remember

 

Years, maybe even the last World Series Game in 2003. Remember the Marlins are the ONLY team in many years (maybe even the only one), to not have their 1st game of the season be telecast on Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN, after winning the World Series. 2004 1st game of the season was a NYY & Boston matchup.

I'm out in SF and going to the game tonight (I'll post pictures when I return East), and I read in the paper that it's basically impossible for them to pick up the Sunday game. I hope I'm wrong though.

So does that mean that, if ESPN picks up the Sunday game, we would still be blacked out on ESPN even though we're blacked out on FSN?

If ESPN picks up the Sunday Game as part of Sunday Night Baseball, then no other broadcaster would have the game and everyone coast-to-coast will watch it on ESPN/ESPNHD.

 

If ESPN picks up the Sunday Games as a special Sunday Afternoon telecast, then the same rules as tonight apply in Florida and San Francisco territories.

When was the last time we got a national game? I cant remember

 

That miserable game in 2005 against the Phillies, I think.

so, i live in orlando and last night (as usual) didn't get the FSN broadcast... but to compound my sh***y luck, ESPN's coverage was blacked out last night too.

 

Are the chances of this happening again on Saturday night 100%? If so... I hate Orlando... A LOT.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.