Who is going to Fanfest?

Hell yeah I'll be there. I wish I could get VIP passes again this year. Last year We got there a bit late, and some guys leaving just give us their passes, it was cool.

You don't really need those. If you know someone that has them, they can ask for more. But yeah, they never check for them.

Hm, really, cool...

I'll be there, actually got my VIP passes in the mail today... They added a new feature for the VIP's called: "VIP Fast Pass for Player Autograph Sessions" There will be a seperate line for the VIPS

Nuggets of frick.

Hell yeah I'll be there. I wish I could get VIP passes again this year. Last year We got there a bit late, and some guys leaving just give us their passes, it was cool.

You don't really need those. If you know someone that has them, they can ask for more. But yeah, they never check for them.

Hm, really, cool...

I'll be there, actually got my VIP passes in the mail today... They added a new feature for the VIP's called: "VIP Fast Pass for Player Autograph Sessions" There will be a seperate line for the VIPS

Nuggets of frick.

We got ours in the mail yesterday as well. I didn't see that autograph thing in the letter, but I'm not an autograph hound anyways. For the Town Hall meetings for VIPs, they have checked for the passes in the past. Not really sure about the batting cages, but this year it is supposedly just for those with the passes. Seems to me last year there were some areas that were off limits unless you showed that pass. But if we were to call our sales rep we could get extra passes. We will be there early with cameras and batteries fully charged. The second taste of baseball for the year.

Hm, really, cool...

Nuggets of frick.

We got ours in the mail yesterday as well. I didn't see that autograph thing in the letter, but I'm not an autograph hound anyways. For the Town Hall meetings for VIPs, they have checked for the passes in the past. Not really sure about the batting cages, but this year it is supposedly just for those with the passes. Seems to me last year there were some areas that were off limits unless you showed that pass. But if we were to call our sales rep we could get extra passes. We will be there early with cameras and batteries fully charged. The second taste of baseball for the year.

Bah, I hate being poor starving college student. I still remember meeting Fredi last year before the town hall meeting, we talked for a bit about wrestling.

I'm actually considering skipping this one. Since 2005, Fanfest has been getting duller by the year. Nothing to do with the players or the team itself, but the amenities are fewer and they're the same ones from years prior. I'd say it's time for a "makeover".

But that said, I hope everyone who goes has a good time.

Got a post card in the mail yesterday about this. The news to me was that the Yankees ST games also go on sale that day. We already purchased ours but this should be good news for those that don't have season tickets.

Yeah, I'm going to buy them when they do go on sale. Game 1 happens to be on my birthday.

I'm actually considering skipping this one. Since 2005, Fanfest has been getting duller by the year. Nothing to do with the players or the team itself, but the amenities are fewer and they're the same ones from years prior. I'd say it's time for a "makeover".

You do have a point to an extent. "Back in the day" it was a two day event. But we always manage to mingle a bit with players, coaches, and staff. And we really like the Town Hall meetings. One year I sat right next to Loria and we talked through the whole thing. Besides, we use it just to get the baseball juices starting to flow.

I go, don't stay all that long and at least make sure I make the early VIP Town Meeting, and following that the public one usually held in the lockeroom, and I'm gone before noon.

This year though I want to spend some time sizing up the squad and get a feeling for what they're all about. I have a feeling this is going to be like 2006 when everyone was new and very available. Coiuld be a very good time.

I agree. Last year, we ended up playing burn ball towards the end.

I remember when they had the picture tent and a different player would come out every 30-45 minutes or so. That was the best.

I agree. Last year, we ended up playing burn ball towards the end.

I remember when they had the picture tent and a different player would come out every 30-45 minutes or so. That was the best.

I don't know, I waited 45 mins just to get an autograph from.....Nate Bump. You know, because they didn't tell you who was going to come in. It was Delgado in one line, El Pulpo in the next, and in my line. Nate Bump.

I asked him if he thought he was going to have a good year, he responded "I hope so." I didn't mean to, but I then said "Yeah, I hope so too." Worst part was that he looked like he didn't want to even be there, as if he felt all our disappointment.