Mike Maroth

The Marlins were interested in him when the Cards released him on October. I doubt anything will happen here, but if we don't want to rush Volstad we can send Miller down and give this guy a shot (although he's been stinking it up).

The Marlins were interested in him when the Cards released him on October. I doubt anything will happen here, but if we don't want to rush Volstad we can send Miller down and give this guy a shot (although he's been stinking it up).

I'd rather give Waechter a shot.

How about giving Morris a shot? He still has about 5 years left in him and he should give a great vetera presence. Maroth was never a great pitcher but was solid, and let's not forget he had 21 losses in 2003. Nomo played this year with the Royals and the last he played was with the D-Rays in '05 so he's been out for nearly 3 years, plus his 40th birthday is in August and the Marlins don't want a 40 year old to be in the bullpen when someone like Henry Owens or Joe Nelson can be there. Turnbow just probably needs some time off to regroup and get some confidence and he should be with someone by June.

How about giving Morris a shot?

No, no, no and no again. I'm too lazy to retype my argument on this issue again, but if you're interested enough its in the Morris thread under Major League Baseball. God....just the thought of another crappy veteran suggestion makes me sick. :thumbdown