Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Olsen article on ESPN.com

Featured Replies

Am I the only one who really hopes we trade him? Seems like a Class A asshole and I don't think he is that good anyways. Get him out of here and get us back a young catcher or third baseman with potential.

 

You know he is going to go all AJ Burnett on us anyways and trash the Marlins/fans once he leaves, but Scott Olsen doesn't have a tenth of the talent Burnett had, so F him.

Am I the only one who really hopes we trade him?

 

No, lots of people want to trade him. He is a natural soft tossing lefty that can pull back and throw fastballs at 90+ and suck, but if he stays in the 85-88 range will hit is spots and frustrate hitters. That is precisely the kind of underrated pitcher that is still in the league in 20 years.

I've never been a big fan of Olsen. First of all, I'm not a big fan of his attitude/demeanor.

 

Secondly, those long sleeves he wears piss me off.

If I were him, I would be pissed as well. These are professional players being paid big money to do a job. See the ball, catch the ball, throw the ball. If it wasn't for those errors last night, I wouldn't doubt he would have a shutout into the 8th. He was pitching great. And even after Cantu made the error, he made pitches to have the hitter yet again hit another grounder to probably the best defender in the infield (Helms) which also resulted in a costly error. As long as he isn't fighting with teammates he can throw and kick as many things as he'd like.

I've never been a big fan of Olsen. First of all, I'm not a big fan of his attitude/demeanor.

 

Secondly, those long sleeves he wears piss me off.

 

 

I'm sorry, but that's just a stupid reason. :p

most consistent starter this season... LET'S TRADE HIM!

 

 

I don't think that's the reason.

Although, people have criticized Olsen a little too much lately, imo.

Fact is, despite his velocity issues, he's still been solid all year, and gets to the 6th or past the 6th, in just about every start.

I like him. I like the way he pitches when he's on his game. He's efficient, his slider is nasty and his location is great. He gets a lot of ground balls so his defense better back him up. He knows this and they know this so I can see why he gets pissed when they make errors. I would rather have a competitor on the mound than a quitter. Overall though, he's been better behaved so far this year. We didn't see him get in Cantu's grill after that ugly game the other night so that's progress. :rolleyes:

 

He is a natural soft tossing lefty...if he stays in the 85-88 range will hit is spots and frustrate hitters. That is precisely the kind of underrated pitcher that is still in the league in 20 years.

I agree totally, he may not be your ace, like he thinks he is, but I would take him as a 3rd or 4th starter any day.

 

I don't like the Burnett comparison only because Burnett was a primadonna in the sense that he was annointed early on to be a dominant major league pitcher and has never quite lived up to it. Olsen sort of scrapped his way up. He dominated in the minors on team's that had alot of good pitchers. He wasn't supposed to stick on the big club but he has and now there are alot of teams that would take him. Alot. But we won't get what we need in return-an effective durable starter.

 

Can he be a jerk? Absolutely. Do I want him dating my daughter? NO! But who cares.

I've never been a big fan of Olsen. First of all, I'm not a big fan of his attitude/demeanor.

 

Secondly, those long sleeves he wears piss me off.

 

 

So you don't like Ryan Tucker then?

We should trade Scott Olsen but no one wants him.

I'm sure that's not true....there are a number of teams who would likely take a shot at a young lefty who has been pretty effective this year.

Am I the only one who really hopes we trade him? Seems like a Class A asshole and I don't think he is that good anyways. Get him out of here and get us back a young catcher or third baseman with potential.

 

You know he is going to go all AJ Burnett on us anyways and trash the Marlins/fans once he leaves, but Scott Olsen doesn't have a tenth of the talent Burnett had, so F him.

 

Catcher- skipworth

thirdbaseman- Dominguez.

 

i wanna see what olsen can do for the rest of the season and if he does well

i wanna see if he can repeat it next year then i will judge him fully hes still only 24 years of age

Am I the only one who really hopes we trade him? Seems like a Class A asshole and I don't think he is that good anyways. Get him out of here and get us back a young catcher or third baseman with potential.

 

You know he is going to go all AJ Burnett on us anyways and trash the Marlins/fans once he leaves, but Scott Olsen doesn't have a tenth of the talent Burnett had, so F him.

 

Catcher- skipworth

thirdbaseman- Dominguez.

 

i wanna see what olsen can do for the rest of the season and if he does well

i wanna see if he can repeat it next year then i will judge him fully hes still only 24 years of age

 

 

Both those guys are at least 3 years, probably 4 years away from sniffing the bigs.

Am I the only one who really hopes we trade him? Seems like a Class A asshole and I don't think he is that good anyways. Get him out of here and get us back a young catcher or third baseman with potential.

 

You know he is going to go all AJ Burnett on us anyways and trash the Marlins/fans once he leaves, but Scott Olsen doesn't have a tenth of the talent Burnett had, so F him.

 

Catcher- skipworth

thirdbaseman- Dominguez.

 

i wanna see what olsen can do for the rest of the season and if he does well

i wanna see if he can repeat it next year then i will judge him fully hes still only 24 years of age

 

 

Both those guys are at least 3 years, probably 4 years away from sniffing the bigs.

 

still we trade a 24 year old pitcher who seems to be on the right track finally for a catcher or thirdbaseman

we only need for 3 , 4 years? makes no sence to me id rather sign a player for 1 year like a jorge cantu and let a player like treanor play and keep the 24 year old who has the 2nd or the most amount of wins for a pitcher under 25 years of age

in 3-4 years, a player is hitting arbitration or close to FAency...just trade them off if domig or skip can do better. 3-4 years is a long time.

 

and you're not going to find 1 year wonders at C very often, expecially at a 1m cap

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.