Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What ever happened to....

Featured Replies

Jeff Allison? We took him in the first round of the 2003 draft and I heard Peter Gammons mention him yesterday during the hr derby and compare it to what josh hamilton came back from. How old is he now and does he have great stuff?

Jeff Allison? We took him in the first round of the 2003 draft and I heard Peter Gammons mention him yesterday during the hr derby and compare it to what josh hamilton came back from. How old is he now and does he have great stuff?

 

He's back with the Hammerheads.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/baseba...position=recent

 

That being said, he could be Rule V'd after this season, and his stats at single-A aren't that good.

Jeff Allison? We took him in the first round of the 2003 draft and I heard Peter Gammons mention him yesterday during the hr derby and compare it to what josh hamilton came back from. How old is he now and does he have great stuff?

 

He's back with the Hammerheads.

http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/baseba...position=recent

 

That being said, he could be Rule V'd after this season, and his stats at single-A aren't that good.

 

I think they will protect him. He's still only 23. Remember that he hasn't played in a long time and has only been back for half a season. I'm hoping he finishes strong in the second half. He'll be 24 and in AA next season which is not too bad considering his situation.

I also think they will protect him. He's Josh Hamilton, part 2. Big time player out of high school who got into drugs/alcohol and was out of baseball for a few years. Considering last year was really when Hamilton resurrected his career, I imagine Allison has about one and a half or two years from getting back to regaining his nastiness.

Hopefully Allison can pull a Hamilton, but I don't expect to see him pitch in the majors anytime soon. Maybe when we are the Miami Marlins ^_^

He started out the year extremely strong. He's probably just getting used to the innings load again. Give him another year.

The guy was a draft mistake and is one pee-test from being banned from playing baseball. Rule 5 him and pray someone takes him and pocket the $ 50,000.

For an organization hoping to build on pitching the only way I see the Marlins not protecting Allison is if he falls off the wagon or blows out his arm. I saw him pitch a couple of weeks ago and he was hitting 95-96 mph consistently, needs work on his secondary pitches though could become a closer with the heat.

The guy was a draft mistake and is one pee-test from being banned from playing baseball. Rule 5 him and pray someone takes him and pocket the $ 50,000.

 

This coming from the poster that said this FO has never drafted well. I think I'm going to side with Allison and then watch the poster disappear for a while again.

The guy was a draft mistake and is one pee-test from being banned from playing baseball. Rule 5 him and pray someone takes him and pocket the $ 50,000.

 

This coming from the poster that said this FO has never drafted well. I think I'm going to side with Allison and then watch the poster disappear for a while again.

 

I have to root for Allison and it may be that's running out of steam. He's there, he's maintained his sobriety. It will be interesting to see if they do something like close him down for a few weeks and then send him to the AFL. Now that would be a real test of the kid's stuff.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.