July 20, 200818 yr I heard they are going to talk to the dolphins, but i haven't heard that he was traded yet. Imagine if they get taylor and favre?
July 20, 200818 yr I hope its true, I love JT, but the team really doesnt need all this crap about him staying or retiring. Now we finally blew it all up and we are starting from scratch with Big Tuna's players. GO DOLPHINS!
July 20, 200818 yr Greg Cote from the herald: The Jason Taylor news: ESPN's Chris Mortensen (an immensely credible source) is now reporting veteran Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor has been traded to the Washington Redskins for "multiple" draft picks. Reportedly those are a second-round pick in 2009 and a sixth-rounder in 2010. That's a good, smart deal for Miami, which now looks good for holding out and not taking less for Taylor earlier. Your thoughts on the trade are welcome.
July 20, 200818 yr its offical jt has been traded to the redskins for a 2009 secound round draft pick 2010 6th draft pick. :banghead :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
July 20, 200818 yr WOW, i dont know whether to be happy or sad. so long JT and good luck in washington. Thanks for the memories
July 20, 200818 yr i hate the stupid dolphins. :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown
July 20, 200818 yr i hate the stupid dolphins. :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown :thumbdown You do know that this is a good thing, right? A 2nd and 6th is good value for a 34 year old DE. Randy Moss only brought back a 4th rounder. That being said, it's still a sad day for the Fins. What a waste of a great career. Thanks for the memories JT! Good luck in DC.
July 20, 200818 yr It's gonna be weird not seeing him or Zach on the field next season. Thanks for 11 good and not so good years, Jason.
July 20, 200818 yr Sucks to see him go but to get a 2nd and 6th rounder when around April all we could get was a 3rd or 4th rounder for him is a very good deal.
July 20, 200818 yr Good deal for us...I just can't help but think we could have gotten more if Parcells and co. played their cards right throughout the offseason.
July 21, 200818 yr I am not a Dolphins fan but gross... hes a good guy and does not belong on the Redskins... oh well.
July 21, 200818 yr I am not a Dolphins fan but gross... hes a good guy and does not belong on the Redskins... oh well. Why not? He threatened to sit out. With a new regime in town, that's not what we need.
July 21, 200818 yr We'll see Taylor vs Thomas this year. A 2nd rounder is a good move. The NFC east is a tough division so I dont know how well the skins will do.
July 21, 200818 yr Great trade, it sucks to see JT go and never win down here but hey, we got a 2nd rounder for him. Awesome!
July 21, 200818 yr I dont know how so many people can say good trade... if it were a 1st rounder it would be, but a 2nd rounder... thats pathetic.
July 21, 200818 yr I dont know how so many people can say good trade... if it were a 1st rounder it would be, but a 2nd rounder... thats pathetic. Because there is no way in hell they would have gotten a first rounder for him at his age. I didnt think they would have gotten a 2nd for him to tell you the truth.
July 21, 200818 yr I dont know how so many people can say good trade... if it were a 1st rounder it would be, but a 2nd rounder... thats pathetic. we werent going to get a first rounder no matter what. This is an excellent move by parcells. Now lets hope the skins suck so we can get a very high second round pick.
July 21, 200818 yr Do people that are criticizing this trade realize: hes 34, he said hes retiring after this year to pursue acting, he may not have shown up to camp, he skipped all offseason workouts so he could dance, the Dolphins are further than one or two years away from being anything, that Randy Moss netted a 4th round pick? I mean, come on, I love Jason, but they were lucky to get this for him.
July 21, 200818 yr Do people that are criticizing this trade do realize: hes 34, he said hes retiring after this year to pursue acting, he may not have shown up to camp, he skipped all offseason workouts so he could dance, the Dolphins are further than one or two years away from being anything, that Randy Moss netted a 4th round pick? I mean, come on, I love Jason, but they were lucky to get this for him. You nailed it. This is a great trade for a rebuilding franchise. Teams value 2nd round picks so much nowadays, this is absolutely the best we could have gotten, especially considering that everyone knew we were going to trade him.
July 21, 200818 yr We'll see Taylor vs Thomas this year. Ohh sh*t that's right! They go from being on the same team to being division rivals lol. I'm sad to see JT go, but I guess its for the best in the end.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.