8/13 Cardinals vs. Marlins

Hitting .300 over the last 3 games.

That's not suckage.

3 games? When did 3 games become better than an entire of half of baseball?

How many AB's does he have in those 3 wonderful games? 10? Take ONE hit off, and he's hitting .200.

He's not really making a difference, offensively, right now...and he's the one with the bad back. Gonzo's REAL position is LF. Makes sense to sit Hammer out, imo.

The way Hermida has been playing lately he NEEDS a day off.

Yeah, 2 bad games. Horrendus. Never been done before.

Meanwhile, everyone is loving Gonzo b/c he had 2 good ones in NY.

When a player struggles they usually give them a day off... and don't give me that 2 bad games crap the guy is hitting in the 250s for the year, hardly an important part of the lineup.

Hermida's .834 .OPS in the 2nd half is better than "Hammer's."

He's not really making a difference, offensively, right now...and he's the one with the bad back. Gonzo's REAL position is LF. Makes sense to sit Hammer out, imo.

Granted it's a lot less games, Gonzo's numbers in right are very similar to his numbers in left. So left isn't necessarily his "real position".

All I'm going to say is, I have watched the past 3 games, all of them. Josh looks bad at the plate, he is late on fastballs, and he is normally a good fastball hitter. Jeremy is slightly colder, but in the long run Josh has been bad for a long time now, and is not being benched nearly enough.

If it only takes 3 bad games for Jeremy to get a night off, then what the hell does Josh have to do, because he's had the lion's share of sh*tty games this half.

How many AB's does he have in those 3 wonderful games? 10? Take ONE hit off, and he's hitting .200.

But the point is that this .300 shows that Hammer could finally be coming out of his funk while Hermida has been struggling in the last few games.

Bah, why am I even arguing this, I was against this move!

But the point is that this .300 shows that Hammer could finally be coming out of his funk while Hermida has been struggling in the last few games.

Bah, why am I even arguing this, I was against this move!

Its the stats, you're giving into them. Trust your eyes Rabb, you know them to be true! Don't give into the statside!

When a player struggles they usually give them a day off... and don't give me that 2 bad games crap the guy is hitting in the 250s for the year, hardly an important part of the lineup.

Alright let's get statistical...

Hermida in July

.232 .311 .516 .827

In August

.231 .311 .231 .542

Willingham In July

.229 .385 .325 .710

In August

.216 .268 .324 .593

Conclusion: they have both been sucking it UP!

Alright let's get statistical...

Hermida in July

.232 .311 .516 .827

In August

.231 .311 .231 .542

Willingham In July

.229 .385 .325 .710

In August

.216 .268 .324 .593

Conclusion they have both been sucking it UP!

Are these stats a reason we should go and get Sheffield?

All I'm going to say is, I have watched the past 3 games, all of them. Josh looks bad at the plate, he is late on fastballs, and he is normally a good fastball hitter. Jeremy is slightly colder, but in the long run Josh has been bad for a long time now, and is not being benched nearly enough.

If it only takes 3 bad games for Jeremy to get a night off, then what the hell does Josh have to do, because he's had the lion's share of sh*tty games this half.

This should be the end of the argument. Josh hasn't been great, I'll agree. But he's been better than Jeremy.