Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tampa Bay Rays

Featured Replies

The Sox and Rays will most likely both make the playoffs. I know it would be nice to get the division, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

 

Unless, of course, you're worried about facing the Angels in the Division Series.

 

I would worry very much if I were a Rays fan right now. Anyone who studies the playoffs will tell you that (usually) the hottest teams heading into the playoffs go deepest into october.

 

If you go into the playoffs doing as poorly as the Rays have, odds are you are not going to make it very far.

 

If they want to win in the playoffs they better get their act together, ASAP.

 

I can't find the link but I know I've read before that that's actually false.

Some cool guys around here.

 

I mean who wouldn't want the Red Sox to buy another division?

I hate that phrase..."buy"...bah you Joe, bah you.

 

 

I think its the correct phrase though. :whistle

 

Not really. They're one of 11 teams spending over 100 million, woohoo? Yankees, maybe. Only because they're so far ahead in terms of payroll, but just because the Marlins only spend 20 million on payroll doesn't mean every other team should be that cheap. :banghead

 

Haha

 

I think the fact that we're Marlins fans has brainwashed us into think spending money is a bad thing.

 

Of course, there are teams that spend it very foolishly...it's all about getting the best out of your money

 

No, it doesn't mean that, but it does mean that the MLB should get a salary cap.

 

Spending money isn't a bad thing, but every team should be allowed to spend just as much as all the others.

No, it doesn't mean that, but it does mean that the MLB should get a salary cap.

 

Spending money isn't a bad thing, but every team should be allowed to spend just as much as all the others.

Never going to happen, especially with the huge amount of parity in baseball. Plus, the Player's Union would never allow it.

No, it doesn't mean that, but it does mean that the MLB should get a salary cap.

 

Spending money isn't a bad thing, but every team should be allowed to spend just as much as all the others.

 

 

Actually...I think this season has proven that it's not about the money...it's about how you spend the money.

It's why the Rays are in first...and the Yankees are basically done.

It's why the Twins are still competing.

It's why the A's would probably still be doing well had they not traded Rich Harden (which had nothing to do with money...that was just stupid).

It's also the reason why the Marlins stayed in the race for so long...despite the fact that 60% of their starting rotation missed an entire half.

 

If you build it correctly...you'll succeed, regardless of how much is spent.

 

Plus...small market teams DO get revenue sharing money from the larger market teams. So it's not as if they're getting no help.

Hell of a game tonight. I was hoping the Sox tied it up in the Bot 14 though. Not because I was rooting for them, but I wanted more baseball!

No, it doesn't mean that, but it does mean that the MLB should get a salary cap.

 

Spending money isn't a bad thing, but every team should be allowed to spend just as much as all the others.

 

 

Actually...I think this season has proven that it's not about the money...it's about how you spend the money.

It's why the Rays are in first...and the Yankees are basically done.

It's why the Twins are still competing.

It's why the A's would probably still be doing well had they not traded Rich Harden (which had nothing to do with money...that was just stupid).

It's also the reason why the Marlins stayed in the race for so long...despite the fact that 60% of their starting rotation missed an entire half.

 

If you build it correctly...you'll succeed, regardless of how much is spent.

 

Plus...small market teams DO get revenue sharing money from the larger market teams. So it's not as if they're getting no help.

Getting a share of playoff revenue will also help. :thumbup

  • Author

Watched all 5 hours, all 14 innings.

 

Jumped up and hugged Admin when they hit the HR lol and started shaking when Percy filled the bases.

  • Author

I am going to Rays vs Yankees on Sunday in my Longoria jersey, I hope I get out of there alive!

I am going to Rays vs Yankees on Sunday in my Longoria jersey, I hope I get out of there alive!

It would be less likely if it were Boston. Just don't talk smack, and you'll be fine. :mischief

  • Author

omg

 

David Price has been called up

 

And when will he be on full rest? Sunday!

 

Plzzzz start him, please!

David Price has been called up

 

 

Well...as I said, I could care less for the Rays...but I am a baseball fan. Price is a special prospect. I can't wait to watch him pitch.

  • Author

I was almost at the top of the stadium and I STILL heard Price slamming Navarro's glove

 

He went 5.1IP 2ER(1 was actually let in by Hammel) 0BB 5K after Jackson only went 2 innings.

 

He sat at 98 mph with a FILTHY slider

  • Author

The Rays still lost though, and the Sox still won. Not good news for Tampa.

 

Are you sure? That might be wrong.

 

*bitter*

The Rays still lost though, and the Sox still won. Not good news for Tampa.

 

Are you sure? That might be wrong.

 

*bitter*

 

 

It's rather funny how you continue to call Marlins fans "bitter" when they don't agree with you...or they don't support the Rays.

 

Seriously...what is there to be "bitter" about?

  • Author

The Rays still lost though, and the Sox still won. Not good news for Tampa.

 

Are you sure? That might be wrong.

 

*bitter*

 

 

It's rather funny how you continue to call Marlins fans "bitter" when they don't agree with you...or they don't support the Rays.

 

Seriously...what is there to be "bitter" about?

 

Buddy..... I was calling myself bitter

  • Author

*Kinda wonders if Joe was a Rays fan before this year*

 

Only for 11 years.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.