Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marlins Built for 2009

Featured Replies

Hermida still needs time to grow. We need to stick with him for one more year IMO. Willingham can probably command something real decent on the trade market. I think he needs to be the one to go, especially with the season Ross had. I think Cody can be more successful next year full-time, and will be much more comfortable in left field.

 

 

Of course, we all know Cody is staying. I really don't see the trade value we could get for Willingham. Sure if he was healthy all year and kept up what he did in the first month and a half for an entire year then he would've commanded some trade value, but he has a history of back issues, and is nothing more than a short first baseman with minimal power at this point in his career

 

As long as you get Willingham healthy, you literally know exactly what you're getting: .260+ avg, .360+ obp, 20+ HR, 90+ rbi.

 

That will ALWAYS be worth something. He has never missed significant time in his career until this season. That, mixed with the fact Herminda is five years younger and left-handed, is why I want him gone.

 

 

Of course people want Willingham gone over Hermida, I did not deny the fact that Hermida is the better player. I was just stating that when u mentioned that he would get good trade value, i would have to disagree. I believe he would command the same value as a Tony Clark commanded from the D-Backs, and that is only if a team is in real need of a player of Willingham's caliber

I hate it that Hermida will have to be starter just because of all the hype that this front office gave him, even though he sucks. Damn man, just get rid of the man already, I'll take Willingham, if he gives us what he showed in the first 2 months of the season

 

 

He doesnt suck. He just had a bad year.

 

 

Bad year my a**, he has no desire for the game. He shows that every time he is on the field. I would rather see some other team deal with his a**

 

Go and look at his 2007 stats. When you do, come back and tell me how he did that year

Hermida still needs time to grow. We need to stick with him for one more year IMO. Willingham can probably command something real decent on the trade market. I think he needs to be the one to go, especially with the season Ross had. I think Cody can be more successful next year full-time, and will be much more comfortable in left field.

I'd argue that it'd be a waste to have Cody's defense in left. I'd put him in right and Hermida in left. Yes, Hermida should be the better defensively in right but he doesn't show it. Cody has a strong enough arm to play right.

 

 

I agree with this post

I hate it that Hermida will have to be starter just because of all the hype that this front office gave him, even though he sucks. Damn man, just get rid of the man already, I'll take Willingham, if he gives us what he showed in the first 2 months of the season

 

 

He doesnt suck. He just had a bad year.

 

 

Bad year my a**, he has no desire for the game. He shows that every time he is on the field. I would rather see some other team deal with his a**

 

Go and look at his 2007 stats. When you do, come back and tell me how he did that year

 

And You believe there is no such thing as a one year wonder

  • Author

Hermida still needs time to grow. We need to stick with him for one more year IMO. Willingham can probably command something real decent on the trade market. I think he needs to be the one to go, especially with the season Ross had. I think Cody can be more successful next year full-time, and will be much more comfortable in left field.

 

 

Of course, we all know Cody is staying. I really don't see the trade value we could get for Willingham. Sure if he was healthy all year and kept up what he did in the first month and a half for an entire year then he would've commanded some trade value, but he has a history of back issues, and is nothing more than a short first baseman with minimal power at this point in his career

 

As long as you get Willingham healthy, you literally know exactly what you're getting: .260+ avg, .360+ obp, 20+ HR, 90+ rbi.

 

That will ALWAYS be worth something. He has never missed significant time in his career until this season. That, mixed with the fact Herminda is five years younger and left-handed, is why I want him gone.

 

 

Of course people want Willingham gone over Hermida, I did not deny the fact that Hermida is the better player. I was just stating that when u mentioned that he would get good trade value, i would have to disagree. I believe he would command the same value as a Tony Clark commanded from the D-Backs, and that is only if a team is in real need of a player of Willingham's caliber

 

Josh Willingham isn't going to get you a top prospect or anything, but he can get you a real nice bullpen arm. Or package him with a Gregg, and you'll get a nice piece for behind the plate...

  • Author

I hate it that Hermida will have to be starter just because of all the hype that this front office gave him, even though he sucks. Damn man, just get rid of the man already, I'll take Willingham, if he gives us what he showed in the first 2 months of the season

 

 

He doesnt suck. He just had a bad year.

 

 

Bad year my a**, he has no desire for the game. He shows that every time he is on the field. I would rather see some other team deal with his a**

 

Go and look at his 2007 stats. When you do, come back and tell me how he did that year

 

And You believe there is no such thing as a one year wonder

 

Not when you're 23-years-old... that's when you call it potential.

hold on, what happened to me always addressing u when u were not a part of the topic? Double standard

 

 

I'm sorry. However, your comments on this thread are pretty...hilarious (to be nice).

Hermida still needs time to grow. We need to stick with him for one more year IMO. Willingham can probably command something real decent on the trade market. I think he needs to be the one to go, especially with the season Ross had. I think Cody can be more successful next year full-time, and will be much more comfortable in left field.

 

 

Of course, we all know Cody is staying. I really don't see the trade value we could get for Willingham. Sure if he was healthy all year and kept up what he did in the first month and a half for an entire year then he would've commanded some trade value, but he has a history of back issues, and is nothing more than a short first baseman with minimal power at this point in his career

 

As long as you get Willingham healthy, you literally know exactly what you're getting: .260+ avg, .360+ obp, 20+ HR, 90+ rbi.

 

That will ALWAYS be worth something. He has never missed significant time in his career until this season. That, mixed with the fact Herminda is five years younger and left-handed, is why I want him gone.

 

 

Of course people want Willingham gone over Hermida, I did not deny the fact that Hermida is the better player. I was just stating that when u mentioned that he would get good trade value, i would have to disagree. I believe he would command the same value as a Tony Clark commanded from the D-Backs, and that is only if a team is in real need of a player of Willingham's caliber

 

Josh Willingham isn't going to get you a top prospect or anything, but he can get you a real nice bullpen arm. Or package him with a Gregg, and you'll get a nice piece for behind the plate...

 

 

We could get a player just as good as one we would get in that package in Free Agency in a Michael Barrett, or we can try a Baker/Lo Duca platoon next year

pitchers that K a lot of players tend to usually have more injuries in the future

 

You've forfeited the right to use words now... please stop

 

 

no, I have seen many power pitchers get injuries, its been rare to see a slow ball pitcher sustain many injuries

 

Power pitcher =/= Strikeout pitcher

 

and "slowball" pitchers can strike out plenty... see: Maddux, Greg or Hamels, Cole or any other number of pitchers that strike out plenty

hold on, what happened to me always addressing u when u were not a part of the topic? Double standard

 

 

I'm sorry. However, your comments on this thread are pretty...hilarious (to be nice).

 

 

And u wonder what makes me call u an a** hole?

hold on, what happened to me always addressing u when u were not a part of the topic? Double standard

 

 

I'm sorry. However, your comments on this thread are pretty...hilarious (to be nice).

 

 

And u wonder what makes me call u an a** hole?

 

"And u wonder what makes me call u an" idiot?

I hate it that Hermida will have to be starter just because of all the hype that this front office gave him, even though he sucks. Damn man, just get rid of the man already, I'll take Willingham, if he gives us what he showed in the first 2 months of the season

 

 

He doesnt suck. He just had a bad year.

 

 

Bad year my a**, he has no desire for the game. He shows that every time he is on the field. I would rather see some other team deal with his a**

 

Go and look at his 2007 stats. When you do, come back and tell me how he did that year

 

And You believe there is no such thing as a one year wonder

 

 

If he was 32 years old, and the marlins were his 5 team, then yea, he wouldve been a one year wonder. BUT, he was 23 years old. And he tore it up. Thats called POTENTIAL.

He doesnt suck. He just had a bad year.

 

 

 

Bad year my a**, he has no desire for the game. He shows that every time he is on the field. I would rather see some other team deal with his a**

 

 

Go and look at his 2007 stats. When you do, come back and tell me how he did that year

 

And You believe there is no such thing as a one year wonder

 

 

If he was 32 years old, and the marlins were his 5 team, then yea, he wouldve been a one year wonder. BUT, he was 23 years old. And he tore it up. Thats called POTENTIAL.

 

I would've considered it a breakout year if he came back this year and put up at least similar #'s, but he didn't.

I would've considered it a breakout year if he came back this year and put up at least similar #'s, but he didn't.

 

 

That made no sense.

Why doesn't it work the other way around? Y'know...players have bad years. Especially players at Hermida's age. Not everyone develops like Hanley Ramirez.

That made no sense.

Why doesn't it work the other way around? Y'know...players have bad years. Especially players at Hermida's age. Not everyone develops like Hanley Ramirez.

 

but a Carlos Quentin typer turnaround is part of the rarity in baseball. We somehow expect Hermida to suddenly do what very few in baseball have done

Dim, you're fighting losing battles on too many fronts here... the Atlantic wall is going to fall... /historic reference humor

 

 

I will not give up until I am down on the ground and can't get up. I still believe i have a little feeling in my legs, so i will continue the battle, sure i know i will lose, but at least i will have left knowing i argued what i believe

pitchers that K a lot of players tend to usually have more injuries in the future

 

You've forfeited the right to use words now... please stop

 

 

no, I have seen many power pitchers get injuries, its been rare to see a slow ball pitcher sustain many injuries

 

Power pitcher =/= Strikeout pitcher

 

and "slowball" pitchers can strike out plenty... see: Maddux, Greg or Hamels, Cole or any other number of pitchers that strike out plenty

Or Moyer, Jamie when he plays the Marlins.

but a Carlos Quentin typer turnaround is part of the rarity in baseball. We somehow expect Hermida to suddenly do what very few in baseball have done

 

No, there are a TON of players who get better after 24, 25, etc.

Just look at the entire Marlins team on the field, not named Hanley Ramirez or Cameron Maybin, and you might learn something.

 

It's not Hermida's fault that he was a big-time prospect who did well in the minors, and got up here sooner than the rest.

 

If you don't like Hermida, don't tell me you're excited about John Raynor or Gaby Sanchez next year. That would be a double standard, if you are.

No, there are a TON of players who get better after 24, 25, etc.

Just look at the entire Marlins team on the field, not named Hanley Ramirez or Cameron Maybin, and you might learn something.

 

It's not Hermida's fault that he was a big-time prospect who did well in the minors, and got up here sooner than the rest.

 

If you don't like Hermida, don't tell me you're excited about John Raynor or Gaby Sanchez next year. That would be a double standard, if you are.

 

Raynor is not the same kind of player tbh

 

And Sanchez is not what a 1st baseman should be, I dissaprove of having a 1st baseman with little power such as Sanchez

He doesnt suck. He just had a bad year.

 

 

 

Bad year my a**, he has no desire for the game. He shows that every time he is on the field. I would rather see some other team deal with his a**

 

 

Go and look at his 2007 stats. When you do, come back and tell me how he did that year

 

And You believe there is no such thing as a one year wonder

 

 

If he was 32 years old, and the marlins were his 5 team, then yea, he wouldve been a one year wonder. BUT, he was 23 years old. And he tore it up. Thats called POTENTIAL.

 

I would've considered it a breakout year if he came back this year and put up at least similar #'s, but he didn't.

How do you have a breakout year by having the same season as the last one?

Raynor is not the same kind of player tbh

 

 

Yeah, I know. Hermida's a much better player.

He doesnt suck. He just had a bad year.

 

 

 

Bad year my a**, he has no desire for the game. He shows that every time he is on the field. I would rather see some other team deal with his a**

 

 

Go and look at his 2007 stats. When you do, come back and tell me how he did that year

 

And You believe there is no such thing as a one year wonder

 

 

If he was 32 years old, and the marlins were his 5 team, then yea, he wouldve been a one year wonder. BUT, he was 23 years old. And he tore it up. Thats called POTENTIAL.

 

I would've considered it a breakout year if he came back this year and put up at least similar #'s, but he didn't.

How do you have a breakout year by having the same season as the last one?

 

 

It should've been a breakout year. A breakout year is supposed to be followed by a year where he begins to show himself as a star player on the team, the problem is he digressed. I am just saying i really have seen much improvement in Hermida's game. He hasn't improved his fielding, and my biggest issue with him is that he hasn't decided what kind of hitter he is, thus making it harder for Fredi to decide where to put him in the lineup

Yeah, I know. Hermida's a much better player.

 

 

I understand, Raynor is the exact same age as Hermida, makes me wary of the guy, i haven't seen the guy play, so i cannot judge him by what i have seen, just by what i have heard. And the comparisions i have heard is that of a Juan Pierre, which makes me excited about the possibilities. Most of u hate on Pierre, but he was a great player for us, constant 200 hit guy

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.