Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 WORLD SERIES: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

Featured Replies

Yea this is definatly themost Intriguing(pardon my spelling) World Series since probably 03 When the Fish pushed the Yankees to there limits and beat them at there House or 2002 With Glaus and Bonds*Sterioids cough, cough* Were slugging it out.

  • Author

Awful call on the rundown. Rays better come back and win today, or else that call is going to haunt them.

Wow he was out Longo touch his tushy but idk why Andy didnt go for the DP to end the inning

 

 

Awful call on the rundown. Rays better come back and win today, or else that call is going to haunt them.

 

 

I don't know, that's about the 1,000th blown call in this WS.

I belive it is actually the 4th

Nice shot by Crawford and he got jammed thats shows a lot of power

But Eva i mean Evan and Pena have to start hitting or Tampa is screwed

Ryan Howard is the man.

 

 

damn, you knew it was gone off the bat

 

Rollins was walking to third base

2008 World Series Champions - Philadelphia Phillies

 

 

It just doesn't seem right, they have basically the same team we had all this year

This is Longo's shot to open it back up he needs to get a base hit or the Rays are done

 

EDIT: He K'ed on a Fastball down the Middle :banghead

Looks like the Phagies are gonna win the World Series. I hope those of you rooting for them end up regretting it later on. :thumbup

 

Why would I regret it? 1. I think it's cool that a team in our division wins it all, shows that we play in baseball's best division and 2. I want the Marlins to remain the baseball team in Florida and only team to win the world series. If the Rays won they would become the great Cinderella story and Florida's team.

Man ma dog Ryan Howard (as i hate every other philly but him and Cole Hamels) Is locked in 2 Moon Shots and a 3-4 Night.

Tampa can not stop the Phagies phirepower.

Looks like the Phagies are gonna win the World Series. I hope those of you rooting for them end up regretting it later on. :thumbup

 

Why would I regret it? 1. I think it's cool that a team in our division wins it all, shows that we play in baseball's best division and 2. I want the Marlins to remain the baseball team in Florida and only team to win the world series. If the Rays won they would become the great Cinderella story and Florida's team.

 

When the Rays win their second world series title, then we can talk about who the dominant team in Florida is :thumbup

Looks like the Phagies are gonna win the World Series. I hope those of you rooting for them end up regretting it later on. :thumbup

 

Why would I regret it? 1. I think it's cool that a team in our division wins it all, shows that we play in baseball's best division and 2. I want the Marlins to remain the baseball team in Florida and only team to win the world series. If the Rays won they would become the great Cinderella story and Florida's team.

 

1. Rule #1 in the book of unwritten rules is that you never root for a division rival to win a championship.

 

2. Even if the Rays win, we still have more championships than them and the phillies.

 

3. The already annoying Philly fans will become even more annoying when they brag about winning it all next season.

 

I made the mistake of rooting for a division rival in the 2002 Super Bowl when I rooted for the Patriots. I couldn't stand Kurt Warner of the Rams because of all the comparisons he was getting to Dan Marino (my favorite player ever in any sport) so I wanted him and the annoying Rams to lose. I figured New England would just win it that year and fade away again, but little did I know that would be the beginning of a dynasty and they would nearly break the Phins' undefeated record. I know my rooting for them didn't have any outcome on that game, but when I look back on it now I feel disgusted. I will never EVER root for a division rival to win a championship ever again no matter what.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.