Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 WORLD SERIES: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

Featured Replies

I must be one of the few people who didn't watch a single second of this Series.

 

Two teams I do not like.

I must be one of the few people who didn't watch a single second of this Series.

 

Two teams I do not like.

 

 

That is the exact reason why I did watch.

I really have nothing against the Rays. I will never ever root for a rival like the Phillies though. So, I hoped for the Rays to win it all.

i was pulling for the rays in this series, and i'm not bitter at the phillies for winning the series. they played well, and the rays didn't show up. the phillies have a great makeup and chemistry in their team, i like their players. their fans, that's another story.

i was pulling for the rays in this series, and i'm not bitter at the phillies for winning the series. they played well, and the rays didn't show up. the phillies have a great makeup and chemistry in their team, i like their players. their fans, that's another story.

 

I respect the Phillies. Nobody gave them a chance. I was happy to see the Rays beat Boston but then the media practically annointed them champs before they'd won anything. That made me sour on them a little. Not taking anything away from them. They had a great year.

i was pulling for the rays in this series, and i'm not bitter at the phillies for winning the series. they played well, and the rays didn't show up. the phillies have a great makeup and chemistry in their team, i like their players. their fans, that's another story.

 

I respect the Phillies. Nobody gave them a chance. I was happy to see the Rays beat Boston but then the media practically annointed them champs before they'd won anything. That made me sour on them a little. Not taking anything away from them. They had a great year.

 

 

 

Amen congrats to the phillies they deserved it too!! RAYS shouldn't be disappointed .. I was so happy they defeated boston they enjoyed every minute of the action and at least had fun playing in baseballs grandest stage of them all and they damced in october!!

good job rays!! I tip my yankee hat to you guys!! :hat

Maybe Matt Stairs will get his ass hammered by guys tonight?

 

 

Congrats to the true Phillies fans. I hate the Phillies but not as much as the Red Sox, Shmanks, or Mets. Enjoy it.

Sucks for the Rays, that's what they get for playing so sh*tty in the WS. :thumbdown

What a shame cuz I was really cheerin' 'em on, well....chalk it up to experience!

 

Idk about anyone else but for me, when a team wins something big (like a WS)

For a moment, I cant help but feel happy for em...but then i remembered its the Sh*tty Phillies -_-

 

Way to show good sportsmanship when that guy congratulated the Rays

and then everybody started booing...Phillie fans are the best! :thumbup

Only bright side to the Phillies win is the hope of Jamie Moyer retiring and forever ridding ourselves of the Marlin killer. Mr. Moyer, let me be the first to say congrats, and get the f*** out of the NL East :thumbup

Congrats to the Phillies, way back in the day before there was baseball in FLA they were one of the teams I followed especially the 1980 champs with Rose, Schmidt and McGraw. As for the Rays, I think they will see some better days in the very near future especially when they plug Price and Wade Davis into the rotation. The Rays like the Fish will struggle to keep this team together in a low revenue stadium I hope they can stay competitive, just not better than the Sox :cool

Sorry we couldn't get it done for you guys.

 

Did anybody else hear the sirens start immediately when Lidge got the final out? :mischief

Only bright side to the Phillies win is the hope of Jamie Moyer retiring and forever ridding ourselves of the Marlin killer. Mr. Moyer, let me be the first to say congrats, and get the f*** out of the NL East :thumbup

 

Are you kidding? The Phillies are going to keep him around just to pitch to Uggla, even if they have to pump Viagra into his arm.

Only bright side to the Phillies win is the hope of Jamie Moyer retiring and forever ridding ourselves of the Marlin killer. Mr. Moyer, let me be the first to say congrats, and get the f*** out of the NL East :thumbup

 

Are you kidding? The Phillies are going to keep him around just to pitch to Uggla, even if they have to pump Viagra into his arm.

 

Man hes what 45 close to 46, I wish hed give up now but you gotta think hes till has a chip on his shoulder after all the people who didnt believe in him and still wants to stick it to them. But if there was any one on the philles who i was happy for it was him. Hes stuck around a long time really learned how to pitch and made something of himself. I think hes one of those guy swho truely loves the game not just he stuff that comes with being a big league balll player.

Went to school today. Saw all these phillies fans, it killed me. Living in Philadelphia is a real pain in the a$$. But congrats to them anyway. Enjoy it now, for it will be your last.

I still am angry with MLB as Shane Victorino should have been suspended for the remainder of the postseason after maliciously trying to take out Council's knee, but nothing they can do about it now.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.