Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2008 WORLD SERIES: Philadelphia Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays

Featured Replies

SCHEDULE

 

Game 1

Phillies @ Rays

Wednesday, October 22 -- 8:00 PM ET

 

Game 2

Phillies @ Rays

Thursday, October 23 -- 8:00 PM ET

 

Game 3

Rays @ Phillies

Saturday, October 25 -- 8:00 PM ET

 

Game 4

Rays @ Phillies

Sunday, October 26 -- 8:00 PM ET

 

Game 5 (if necessary)

Rays @ Phillies

Monday, October 27 -- 8:00 PM ET

 

Game 6 (if necessary)

Phillies @ Rays

Wednesday, October 29 -- 8:00 PM ET

 

Game 7 (if necessary)

Phillies @ Rays

Thursday, October 30 -- 8:00 PM ET

 

All games will be broadcast on

It'll probably be a sweep, the phillies have beaten nobody, and much like the rockies last year they had a long layoff.

GO RAYS

 

 

I love how the Sox fans up here are saying "screw the rays and their bandwagon fans"

 

 

Old bandwagoners calling new bandwagoners bandwagoners. :confused

I'm going for the Phillies. I don't want another Florida team to have a Championship, we are supposed to be the kings of Florida baseball.

If the Sox had won, I wouldn't even have watched the Series.

 

same here. i can't stand the red sox at all, and seeing the phillies win the world series wasn't a pleasing sight either.

 

Obviously pulling the The Rays here. Should be a good series (7 games!).

 

so you're suggesting the rays throw 2 games in the series...lol. rays will finish this in 5 games max.

 

GO RAYS

 

 

I love how the Sox fans up here are saying "screw the rays and their bandwagon fans"

 

 

Old bandwagoners calling new bandwagoners bandwagoners. :confused

 

and you wonder why nobody likes the red sox anymore.

 

and the best part, fox is stuck with ratings poison with two ratings losers for their world series and them scrambling for stories. here's one: each of tampa bay's championship runs have involved philly with the bucs beating the eagles in the nfc championship game and the lighting beating the flyers in the eastern conference finals. if the rays beat the phillies in the world series, expect philly to have tampa bay envy for some time to come.

I would have been forced to root for the Phils if the Red Sox had won tonight. Thanksfully, now I won't.

 

Screw the Red Sox. GO RAYS!!!

 

You would have rooted for a division rival who the Marlins have to face every year just because you don't like the Red Sox whom they play once in a blue moon? Nice.

I would have been forced to root for the Phils if the Red Sox had won tonight. Thanksfully, now I won't.

 

Screw the Red Sox. GO RAYS!!!

 

You would have rooted for a division rival who the Marlins have to face every year just because you don't like the Red Sox whom they play once in a blue moon? Nice.

I'd eat glass before rooting for the Red Sox.

 

Wah, wah, wah. Move on, you knew this. :thumbup

 

PS: Did I not guarantee the Rays would win this? Oh yeah.

I think the majority of the country would rather watch Steve Harvey re-runs than a Phillies-Rays World Series.

 

And Furcal Chick: Can you just announce that you are a Rays fan now? It's quite obvious lol

And Furcal Chick: Can you just announce that you are a Rays fan now? It's quite obvious lol

 

She's changing her user name to "LongoriaChick" as we speak.

each of tampa bay's championship runs have involved philly with the bucs beating the eagles in the nfc championship game and the lighting beating the flyers in the eastern conference finals.

Ronde Barber's pick-6 in the closing minutes of the NFC championship is one of my all time favorite moments in sports.

 

Go RAYS!

This should be no problem for the Rays. The Red Sox are 10x the harder opponent than the Phillies.

 

The Phils aint even that good. I'm mean I never feared playing them once this year. Yet, I did fear playing the Rays.

 

Of course flukes do happen, like the Cardinals a few years back.

I think the majority of the country would rather watch Steve Harvey re-runs than a Phillies-Rays World Series.

 

And Furcal Chick: Can you just announce that you are a Rays fan now? It's quite obvious lol

 

Then the majority of the country is full of idiots.

I would have have been forced to root for the Phils if the Red Sox had won tonight. Thanksfully, now I won't.

 

Screw the Red Sox. GO RAYS!!!

 

You would have rooted for a division rival who the Marlins have to face every year just because you don't like the Red Sox whom they play once in a blue moon? Nice.

I'd eat glass before rooting for the Red Sox.

 

Wah, wah, wah. Move on, you knew this. :thumbup

 

Have you put any thought into how much more annoying Phillies fans would be if they win they World Series? Expect to hear crap like this: "We're the world champs! Duuurp! Your attendance sucks! Duuurp! I want another cheese steak! Duuurp! We smell like inside out ass! Duuurp!"

To be fair, cheesestakes are the greatest culinary invention in the history of mankind, right above the coney.

yeah agreed. Thank goodness the Rays won or I wouldn't have had anyone to pull for.

 

 

 

Pretty cool the Rays have done this though. Real testament to their front office.

 

Eh, I would have pulled for Beckett...prior Marlin WS hero and all.

 

Glad things worked out how I wanted them (I wanted Beckett to have a good outing in game 6 but the Rays to win the Series).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.