October 20, 200817 yr I have given them credit, in fact, I think their gonna beat the Phillies. However, I still don't see them maintaining this level of success considering they are a low payroll team like the Marlins. They can compete for the playoffs like the Marlins do, but I doubt they're gonna continue to outplay Boston and New York hence making them irrelevant like the Marlins to the rest of the baseball world. And what's so bad about being a Marlins homer anyway? :mis2 Homers suck, no matter what the team. A Marlins homer can be just as annoying as a Yankees homer, Mets homer, Phillies homer, etc. And I don't think them being a small market team is relevent. They have locked up some of their young stars to long term contracts. Their fans are finally convinced that they have team that can compete, so the Rays should be able to spend more money in the futue. We can't just assume they will follow the footsteps of the Marlins by screwing everything up after winning a title.
October 20, 200817 yr Im not really roooting for either team just 7 games coming down to the wire wiht a walk off which means the rays win. I hate the sox but i found my self rootin for them in game 5 in 6 vs the rays then i wanted them to tie it last night so the rays could have a walk off.
October 20, 200817 yr PWG, to answer your question...just the fact that the Rays have been the laughingstock of the league for their entire history and have gone through probably the most rapid turn-around EVER. When you consider where they were before and where they are now...it's just incredible. The mind can't even comprehend it. Braves were pretty much in the same boat... I think they were alright at best around 1985 surrounded by absolutely patheticness and then went from 65 wins one season to 92 the next... so, I dunno about the most rapid turn-around ever... that's inaccurate, I mean, the Rays went from 66 to 97, so it was a LARGER turn around, but really no more rapid than the Braves. I see where you're coming from, but there really are TONS of sports stories greater than this... Lou Gehrig playing with ALS, Cubs still "cursed", Namath calls the Superbowl (though I hate Namath AND the Jets) and those are just a couple off the top of my head Most "experts" would agree that the competition in the AL is superior to that in the NL, though. The Red Sox were 1 win away from beating the Rays and going to the World Series. Had they made it, they would have more than likely eaten the Phillies alive and been world champs again. Fact: Most "experts" are wrong... about nearly everything... in the history of anything
October 21, 200817 yr Author The full schedule, plus spiffier graphics, has been added to the original post. :cool Cheers.
October 21, 200817 yr Obviously pulling the The Rays here. Should be a good series (7 games!). Merc. :mischief I'd talk more often, but I'm splitting my time between RaysBB, DRaysBay, and blogging duties at the new blog, Rise of the Rays. Obviously, Go Rays! I say six games, and that's more because I want an on-field celebration. I see 5 as realistic, with Hamels figuring something out. If the Phils are that stupid, we'd hit Jamie Moyer worse than Tim Wakefield. Couldn't Marlin fans just use the argument that it took the Phillies 125 years to win two World Series titles, while it only took the Marlins 11 years? The argument that they have more titles than the Phillies would be nicer. :mischief
October 21, 200817 yr oh also rays fans have supported the marlins when we went to playoffs so it is only fair and rays are my fav AL team...yes even when they did suck
October 21, 200817 yr The full schedule, plus spiffier graphics, has been added to the original post. :cool Cheers. Looks great, thanks. :thumbup
October 22, 200817 yr I would have have been forced to root for the Phils if the Red Sox had won tonight. Thanksfully, now I won't. Screw the Red Sox. GO RAYS!!! :blink: Really? I would have gone for whoever played those phillies, they win you wont stop hearing them talk all next season. f*** THE PHILS!
October 22, 200817 yr Besides Hamels the Rays should kill Pjilly's pitching they beat Lester Dice K and Beckett in the playoffs for gods sake. Although i dont want them to win i hope they do because Phillies fans are so f***ing annoying and there team or Victorino and J Roll of a cliff are a-holes Kill the Phills
October 22, 200817 yr I dont know who i want to win. If the Rays win, everyone will start saying their the team of Florida(which isnt true). if the phillies win, we have to listen to that for a whole year from their fans.
October 22, 200817 yr I can't stand the Rays, but they'd better beat the Phagies or I'll hate them even more.
October 23, 200817 yr Is anyone else getting a really choppy picture? First I had to go through Steve Harvey on TBS, now this choppiness on Fox :thumbdown
October 23, 200817 yr did i just see the backstreet boys performing the anthem? wait, what the hell? did i just see the rays in the world series? where am i? what's happening?
October 23, 200817 yr did i just see the backstreet boys performing the anthem? wait, what the hell? did i just see the rays in the world series? where am i? what's happening? You've entered the twilight zone.
October 23, 200817 yr does navarro remind anyone else of the typical fat boy who you would make fun of on the playground at school as a kid?
October 23, 200817 yr does navarro remind anyone else of the typical fat boy who you would make fun of on the playground at school as a kid? Yeah he does.
October 23, 200817 yr does navarro remind anyone else of the typical fat boy who you would make fun of on the playground at school as a kid? "Stooooooop! Gimme back my twinkie!"
October 23, 200817 yr That was dumb by either Victorino or the 3rd base coach. As if they didn't know who played center or didn't realize how close he was.
October 23, 200817 yr Victorino was a moron for trying to tag home on that play. You still have 3 guys on with an out left, why risk it on a shallow fly?
October 23, 200817 yr Victorino was a moron for trying to tag home on that play. You still have 3 guys on with an out left, why risk it on a shallow fly? Especially considering how Kazmir was pitching. Victorino wasn't even close.
October 23, 200817 yr Tony Parker's wife strikes out. :thumbdown Still a great player, wish we had him Woops, how did that get in their :shifty
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.