Kevin Gregg Traded to Cubs

Just saw that the Marlins are on the verge of trading Kevin Gregg to the Cubs for RHP Jose Ceda...this is coming from Joe Frisaro

http://comment.mlblogs.com/search?blog_id=...amp;tag=Marlins

The Marlins are wrapping up details on a trade that will send reliever Kevin Gregg to the Cubs for right-handed pitcher Jose Ceda, the Marlins announced on Thursday afternoon.

Gregg converted 29 saves in 38 opportunities. Two weeks ago, he underwent surgery to repair a left patella tendinits.

For a 21 year old reliever? Man, it's not terrible but I am starting to think Beinfest is rushing these trades.

21 year old reliever who was BA's #4 Cubs prospect last season for a guy we didn't want, was going to get $3-$4 million next year, and coming off of an injury seems like a good deal to me.

For a 21 year old reliever? Man, it's not terrible but I am starting to think Beinfest is rushing these trades.

He's really good. This is an excellent trade. I'm not worried about dishing his Type A consideration with this return.

Actually, I'm looking at his numbers now and I would like this alot. Wish he was closer though.

Also, dude is huge.

The Marlins will get Jose Ceda from the Cubs for Kevin Gregg, the Miami Herald confirms.

We'd hardly call it a great trade for Florida, but that's a better return than they received in the previous deal as part of their latest fire sale.

-This is from Rotoworld.

Can someone please tell me that this guy is awesome. Please.

The Marlins will get Jose Ceda from the Cubs for Kevin Gregg, the Miami Herald confirms.

We'd hardly call it a great trade for Florida, but that's a better return than they received in the previous deal as part of their latest fire sale.

-This is from Rotoworld.

Can someone please tell me that this guy is awesome. Please.

Rotoworld almost always underrates prospects.