Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lindstrom could return next homestand

Featured Replies

oh yeaaa your right hes has a great career, I think your age has gotten to you and maybe you should retire as a baseball fan. Last year he was sent down mid season b/c he was having such a great year. Also, this year he has been fantastic. To say that he has had a great career as a marlins should result in a complete ban from marlinsbaseball.com. So why dont you let the knowledgeable youth do the talking and go take a nap or drink some prune jucie.

 

 

O.K if you ban me from saying that Matty has had a good career. Then you should be banned for not being able to spell juice.

 

You would have won no money on "who's smarter than a 5th grader."

To add on how good he was in the 2nd half last year...

 

Lindstrom in July, August and Spetember Combined only allowed 6 Runs in 36 appearances (30.2 IP).

 

That's amazing.

To add on how good he was in the 2nd half last year...

 

Lindstrom in July, August and Spetember Combined only allowed 6 Runs in 36 appearances (30.2 IP).

 

That's amazing.

 

Still, you can't take Leo out of the closers spot. He's been lights out there.

To add on how good he was in the 2nd half last year...

 

Lindstrom in July, August and Spetember Combined only allowed 6 Runs in 36 appearances (30.2 IP).

 

That's amazing.

 

Still, you can't take Leo out of the closers spot. He's been lights out there.

 

I know, and as I posted earlier I agree with that.

 

I was just looking through his game logs last season and saw that his 2nd half was amazing.

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

To add on how good he was in the 2nd half last year...

 

Lindstrom in July, August and Spetember Combined only allowed 6 Runs in 36 appearances (30.2 IP).

 

That's amazing.

 

Still, you can't take Leo out of the closers spot. He's been lights out there.

 

I know, and as I posted earlier I agree with that.

 

I was just looking through his game logs last season and saw that his 2nd half was amazing.

 

 

ya i agree leo has been solid. but that shows that he has the ability to be dominate.

 

So lets just say this, lindy goes to the minors has some really nice outings. do we leave him down there? if we bring him up who do we send down and where do we use lindy?

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

Wow. That's really all I have to say.

To add on how good he was in the 2nd half last year...

 

Lindstrom in July, August and Spetember Combined only allowed 6 Runs in 36 appearances (30.2 IP).

 

That's amazing.

 

Still, you can't take Leo out of the closers spot. He's been lights out there.

 

I know, and as I posted earlier I agree with that.

 

I was just looking through his game logs last season and saw that his 2nd half was amazing.

 

 

ya i agree leo has been solid. but that shows that he has the ability to be dominate.

 

So lets just say this, lindy goes to the minors has some really nice outings. do we leave him down there? if we bring him up who do we send down and where do we use lindy?

 

We trade him for a big bat.

  • Author

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

 

 

 

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

 

I know I'm a supporter of Matt Lindstrom, but I want to take that bet.

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

 

I know I'm a supporter of Matt Lindstrom, but I want to take that bet.

 

Sorry this bet is for the biggest hater on this board.

To add on how good he was in the 2nd half last year...

 

Lindstrom in July, August and Spetember Combined only allowed 6 Runs in 36 appearances (30.2 IP).

 

That's amazing.

 

Still, you can't take Leo out of the closers spot. He's been lights out there.

 

I know, and as I posted earlier I agree with that.

 

I was just looking through his game logs last season and saw that his 2nd half was amazing.

 

 

ya i agree leo has been solid. but that shows that he has the ability to be dominate.

 

So lets just say this, lindy goes to the minors has some really nice outings. do we leave him down there? if we bring him up who do we send down and where do we use lindy?

 

You give Lindstrom 5-10 outings in the minors.

If he is successful then you call him up and replace him for the worst out of Donnelly, Ayala and Sanches. Maybe Sanches since he hasn't pitched since the 19th vs Philly or if they want to have more relievers they could send down Gaby Sanchez since they haven't used him since being called up but thats the F.O.'s and Freddi's call.

 

Then you put him in some Mid Relief situations in the Majors, if he succeds thats great because we have another solid Mid Reliever/Set Up man. I really wouldn't take Leo out of the closer role until he absoultley bombs a few games because he has been solid since Lindstrom hit the DL.

 

That's what I would do but who knows what Freddi will do.

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

 

 

 

Your just pissed because I didn't make the bet with you.

Lindstrom should have some outings in the minors before he gets called up.

And Erick, we can easily send down Brandon Donelly to call up Lindstrom.

I've been one of Lindstrom's biggest supporters and I think there is NO WAY he should be closing with the job Leo has done.

 

 

Rab you have been one of the biggest Lindstrom supporters and I agree with you here. It wouldn't even be fair if they took him out if he had 2 bad outings. I just want the team to get to the point where one of them can be used in the 9th because that means we are winning and have a good chance to win the game.

Lindstrom should have some outings in the minors before he gets called up.

And Erick, we can easily send down Brandon Donelly to call up Lindstrom.

 

 

 

 

Or Sanches and if not, why not?

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

 

 

I'd just like to say what you said about Uggla was completely false.

As for the bet...sure, I guess. You better hope Lindstrom remains closer if he has any chance of being an All-Star b/c it's even more difficult for a middle reliever to get into the game. Lindstrom's got a long ways to go, but it can happen. Relievers tend to have up and down years, that's why I hate when teams decide to give relievers big contracts. Ryan Franklin this year being a good example. Sucked last year, All-Star this year.

 

But whatever...for shits and giggles, it's on.

  • Author

Lindstrom should have some outings in the minors before he gets called up.

And Erick, we can easily send down Brandon Donelly to call up Lindstrom.

 

 

 

 

Or Sanches and if not, why not?

 

 

He's allowed 3 runs in 23 innings? Simply put he has been amazing in relief this year...

Lindstrom should have some outings in the minors before he gets called up.

And Erick, we can easily send down Brandon Donelly to call up Lindstrom.

 

 

 

 

 

Donnelly's done a good job.

 

The only reliever I'd even consider is Ayala. But he hasn't allowed a run since he joined the team either, although his sample is really small.

 

But Donnelly has done his job, and he's come in, in tough situations, recently. I think he's got Fredi's trust.

Lindstrom should have some outings in the minors before he gets called up.

And Erick, we can easily send down Brandon Donelly to call up Lindstrom.

 

 

 

 

Or Sanches and if not, why not?

 

 

Sanches? Really?

Shouldn't even be on the team, much less the closer of the team.

 

 

 

Eric, the great thing about being 18 yrs old is you know everything, when you grow up and become a man you might want to think before you write stupid, assine, emotional laden statements. Lindstrom has had a great career with the Marlins with ERA of 3.09 and 3.11 the last two years. His saves versus chances is 19 to 22. He has in his career the same number of blown saves as Nunez has for the Marlins this year, three. Eric, when you pick a career after High School make sure it isn't in scouting baseball players as you aren't so good at it.

 

Now I remember why I quit reading the postings on Marlinsbaseball, most are simply for argument not for thoughtful discussion.

 

 

Uber, look at the stats this year.

Uber, every reliever on our current roster is pitching well.

Uber, what reliever would you send down?

 

Uber, you are a Lindstrom supporter. I bet if I were saying this crap about (lets say...Uggla), you'd totally be agreeing. And Uggla has been an All-Star before. Lindstrom? Not so much.

 

Uggla, All-star or not he sure had a great showing and proved that he is just as bad as his stats indicate this year. As hard as fans are on baseball players don't look for Dan Uggla to ever be in another All-Star game for the rest of his career. He can't field or hit and he was a supposed All-Star? He is the Marlins worst hitter and second worst fielder. I'll bet you $100 (so save this post) that Matt Lindstrom will be an All-Star next year. With this team or not mark my words.

 

 

I'd just like to say what you said about Uggla was completely false.

As for the bet...sure, I guess. You better hope Lindstrom remains closer if he has any chance of being an All-Star b/c it's even more difficult for a middle reliever to get into the game. Lindstrom's got a long ways to go, but it can happen. Relievers tend to have up and down years, that's why I hate when teams decide to give relievers big contracts. Ryan Franklin this year being a good example. Sucked last year, All-Star this year.

 

But whatever...for shits and giggles, it's on.

 

Please explain. I agree with you here.

Please explain. I agree with you here.

 

Uggla is not the worst hitter on this team. That's not hard to see...I'm not even going to look at a stats page, but Bonifacio...that's already 1.

Uggla has simply had a down year (which to be honest I expected him to get worse...I remember last year I stated how I thought he'd get cold in the 2nd half, and he did...but whatever, that's irrelevant now).

 

Fact is, Uggla's first 3 years in the league have all been .800+ .OPS years. That's good offensive production, and considering the position he plays (2B), it's quite honestly, more like great.

 

His defense also isn't terrible. He's by no means great or gold glove caliber, but he's also not nearly as bad as his All-Star Game last year. As a matter of fact, past statistics that have been shown on this board pretty much show that's he's pretty average at 2B.

uberschnell your wasting your time. I think others on this board have already proven they are not man enough to come through on a bet they made. And those stakes were a large sum of $50. And now your pushing them to $100. Funny thing about the majority of these people posting, they have no idea what is really going on, but they think they do, and have no connection with the team at all. They all think they are some kind of special scouts that just happen to not have a job doing what they are pros at. All they pretty much do it go to another site, look up numbers find a few and post and be like zomg im a scout! If they think that's all it is, they are kidding themselves.

 

Anyways, Im glad Lindstrom is coming back soon, it will just make our bullpen stronger and add more depth. Will also be interesting to see how they use him and see who they send down when he is ready.

Please explain. I agree with you here.

 

Uggla is not the worst hitter on this team. That's not hard to see...I'm not even going to look at a stats page, but Bonifacio...that's already 1.

Uggla has simply had a down year (which to be honest I expected him to get worse...I remember last year I stated how I thought he'd get cold in the 2nd half, and he did...but whatever, that's irrelevant now).

 

Fact is, Uggla's first 3 years in the league have all been .800+ .OPS years. That's good offensive production, and considering the position he plays (2B), it's quite honestly, more like great.

 

His defense also isn't terrible. He's by no means great or gold glove caliber, but he's also not nearly as bad as his All-Star Game last year. As a matter of fact, past statistics that have been shown on this board pretty much show that's he's pretty average at 2B.

 

I agree about Uggla. Definitely not the worst hitter on the team. I just wish (and we all can agree) that he could hit for a higher average as well.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.