NFL Division Predictions

Schnellders

Lots of debate over in the 2009 NFL Thread so here is a place where everyone can post their thoughts on who will win each division and who will grab the wildcard places.

AFC

East - New England Patriots

North - Pittsburgh Steelers

South - Indianapolis Colts

West - San Diego Chargers

WC - Baltimore Ravens & Tennessee Titans

NFC

East - Philadelphia Eagles

North - Green Bay Packers

South - New Orleans Saints

West - Arizona Cardinals

WC - New York Giants & Minnesota Vikings

AFC

WC - Houston Texans / New Jork Jets

NFC

North - Minnesota Vikings

South - Atlanta Falcons

West - Arizona Cardinals

WC - New Orleans Saints / Washington Redskins

AFC

East- Dolphins, Patriots, Bills, Jets

North- Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Browns

South- Titans, Colts, Texans, Jaguars

West- Chargers, Broncos, Chiefs, Raiders

WC- Colts and Patriots

NFC

East- Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Redskins

North- Vikings, Bears, Packers, Lions

South- Falcons, Panthers, Saints, Buccaneers

West- Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers, Rams

WC- Eagles, Bears

AFC

WC - Tennesse Titans/Denver Broncos

NFC

North - Chicago Bears

South - New Orleans Saints

West - Seattle Seahawks

WC - Atlanta Falcons /Green Bay Packers

Superbowl:

Eagles v Patriots

Pats win

AFC

WC - Baltimore Ravens & Oakland Raiders

--------------------------------------------------------------------

NFC

North - Green Bay Packers

South - Atlanta Falcons

West - Seattle Seahawks

WC - Minnesota Vikings & New Orleans Saints

im guessing everyone who picked new england failed to see how awful their defense will be...and i mean really super duper awful

granted alot can happen...but tom brady cant tackle anyone

It's not "awful."

They still have the same front 3 (Warren, Wilfork, Seymour).

LB's are still there, for the most part. (Mayo, Bruschi, Thomas)...they also brought back Tully Banta-Cain who has had success with them before.

And their secondary...1 corner is Ellis Hobbs who's been there for awhile...the other will probably be Leigh Bodden. And James Sanders and Brandon Meriweather (from the U) is a solid safety tandem.

Awful? I think not. Then again, if I were a Dolphins fan, I'd want to believe that, as well.

That defense is certainly good enough to win a lot of games, as well, considering the support they'll receive from their offense.

By the way, the Dolphins defense is by no means "great." And their offense sure as hell isn't as good as New England's.

im guessing everyone who picked new england failed to see how awful their defense will be...and i mean really super duper awful

It's not "awful."

LB's are still there, for the most part. (Mayo, Bruschi, Thomas)...they also brought back Tully Banta-Cain who has had success with them before.

And their secondary...1 corner is Ellis Hobbs who's been there for awhile...the other will probably be Leigh Bodden. And James Sanders and Brandon Meriweather (from the U) is a solid safety tandem.

Awful? I think not. Then again, if I were a Dolphins fan, I'd want to believe that, as well.

That defense is certainly good enough to win a lot of games, as well, considering the support they'll receive from their offense.

By the way, the Dolphins defense is by no means "great." And their offense sure as hell isn't as good as New England's.

They have Shawn Springs (severely underrated, but injury prone CB) as their #1 CB, they added a solid serviceable LB in Derrick Burgess, and I'm being a homer but a very solid rookie LB in Tyrone McKenzie (USF Bull). So, they should field an average (by NFL standards) defense.

Dolphins D was very underrated last year and I predict a top 5 finish this year. First pre-season game and they looked awfully solid.

I mean they improved that Defense a LOT.

And their Offense was surprisingly outstanding last year, sans maybe the running game, which should get better with a more experienced line this year.

It's not "awful."

They have Shawn Springs (severely underrated, but injury prone CB) as their #1 CB, they added a solid serviceable LB in Derrick Burgess, and I'm being a homer but a very solid rookie LB in Tyrone McKenzie (USF Bull). So, they should field an average (by NFL standards) defense.

ESPN doesn't have updated rosters, do they? I ask b/c I checked ESPN for my post, and none of those guys are on the depth chart. Then again, Jason Taylor isn't on the Dolphins depth chart either, so yeah.

Yea, I'm expecting alot, too. If Cameron Wake and JT can rush the passer effectively, freeing up JP, watch out. I also read that CC might rush the passer a bit as well, so we might have a very, very dangerous pass rush this season, taking pressure off our secondary.

It's well known I'm not a Dolphin fan, but to be fair...their secondary improved, as well, with the draft.

I don't think they'll be bad this year, although I don't see them repeating what they did last year because...

1. New England is tougher this year...Tom Brady is still the man.

2. I think the Wildcat offense gets figured out, at some point.

I also think the AFC East might be the best division in football, as well. If it's not, it's 2nd to the NFC East.

The secondary did improve, but we still don't know yet. Sean Smith and Vontae Davis can be busts, and Eric Green is nothing special. Adding Gibril Wilson, though, was a fantastic move. I loved it.

AFC East isn't as tough as many think. The Bills, IMO, will struggle this season. I don't see them competeing. And I'm not scared of the Jets. No Receivers+No QB= Epic Fail. Their defense can be a Top 5 defense, but their Offense will doom them.

Yea, I'm expecting alot, too. If Cameron Wake and JT can rush the passer effectively, freeing up JP, watch out. I also read that CC might rush the passer a bit as well, so we might have a very, very dangerous pass rush this season, taking pressure off our secondary.

It's well known I'm not a Dolphin fan, but to be fair...their secondary improved, as well, with the draft.

I don't think they'll be bad this year, although I don't see them repeating what they did last year because...

1. New England is tougher this year...Tom Brady is still the man.

2. I think the Wildcat offense gets figured out, at some point.

I also think the AFC East might be the best division in football, as well. If it's not, it's 2nd to the NFC East.

I'd like to throw the NFC South into the mix for the best division. Saints and Falcons are exciting teams, Panthers are solid, and while many pundits are writing off the Buccs, I think they will suprise a lot of people despite the new management such as Atlanta did last year.